Hi, I am trying to install Windows 7 in UEFI and GPT since my laptop came in Legacy and MBR. But I have tryed from the dvd mi pc brought, a dvd I burned from a downloaded ISO and a boot usb I made with Rufus and ser to UEFI GPT. But my screan freezes when windows is starting (image attached) I can install windows 10 in UEFI and GPT but it wont activate since I have to format mi disk because to upgrade from windows 7 mi disk was in MBR. And after contacting Microsoft they dond activate mi windows 10. The only way I was able to install Windows 7 is setting BIOS to EUFI and enable Load Legacy Option Rom o dirextly set all BIOS to Legacy. How can I install windows 7 with only UEFI (nlt legacy option rom) and GPT so when I upgrade to windows 10 I have it in UEFI and GPT?

Thabk you

post-254779-0-43520200-1442352390_thumb.

I'm guessing here, but if you set your BIOS to be UEFI, any OS you install will be UEFI. GPT and MBR are with drive partitioning and if you mobo (and drive) supports them, you should be able to get it just like that.

So why don't you start from beginning. Maybe use 3rd party tool to first format disk to GPT partition so you don't need to worry over that. Then set BIOS to act as UEFI (enable legacy support if available). And install OS you want.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv