High mouse sensitivity with low dpi vs High dpi low mouse sensitivity

SaintKilian

Hi to all that read this question, This question has been bothering me for a while now and was wondering if anyone had the answer: Which is better, putting the dpi on my mouse up and lowering the in-game sensitivity, or putting the dpi on my mouse down and raising the in-game sensitivity? I assume that higher dpi with lower in-game sensitivity is more accurate because I assume sensittivity is fake dpi? If that makes sense? Just wanted some input and appreciate any and all input, thanks.

The never ending debate...

There doesn't seem to be a solid answer to this question, but if I had to give one, I'd say find whatever in-game sensitivity provides 1:1 mouse movement (probably default) and then change your DPI from there. That said, you still want to keep your DPI as low as possible without becoming impractical.

Well I think I used to hear alot that using a high DPI with low in game sens is the best but personally I've always used a maximum of 800dpi with my mice with windows sens at 6/11 so there is no acceleration while lowering my sensitivity in game options.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

(Current DPI) * in game sense / any DPI you wish = sense for chosen DPI

This should give you your desired sensitivity at all DPI settings.

Trial and error will help you find which DPI feels best for you but this will keep your current sense at all stages.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Whatever the fuck you do don't EVER touch your windows mouse sensitivity at mouse settings. It should stay at 7(Default)

Whatever the fuck you do don't EVER touch your windows mouse sensitivity at mouse settings. It should stay at 7(Default)

*6 and tidy up your language please

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

leave ur in game sense as 1. play with ur mouse dpi

u actually use the game's multiplier to multiply whatever sensitivity ur mouse is set to. chances are, it's more accurate to have ur in game sense at 1 and ur mouse dpi set at what u are used to.\

casual gamers won't really notice the difference but u get the drift ;)