Asus New 34" Swift Pre Order

jinroh10

Omg... I have just found out that you can pre order the new Asus 34" Swift. Ok people just know your gonna have to dig deep and trust me really deep. Unfortunately I am willing to pay the price but for people like me here in the US the price $1850.89 is pretty steep. Will the price scare you away or are you gonna make the plunge? I have added my source below.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-089-AS

I guess I need to save some money ....

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Ghaa sooo damn close! It's expensive af but damn are we close to getting THE perfect monitor!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Omg... I have just found out that you can pre order the new Asus 34" Swift. Ok people just know your gonna have to dig deep and trust me really deep. Unfortunately I am willing to pay the price but for people like me here in the US the price $1850.89 is pretty steep. Will the price scare you away or are you gonna make the plunge? I have added my source below.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-089-AS

I will buy it later, I just need to cancel my ACER Predator X34 order

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Ghaa sooo damn close! It's expensive af but damn are we close to getting THE perfect monitor!

Since there are no higher bandwidth cables. This IS the perfect monitor.

You can fantasize unrealistic specs all day if you like - but in practice this is it, the one that ticks all the boxes, has a tripple digit max framerate and a resolution as high as the bandwidth allows.

Since there are no higher bandwidth cables. This IS the perfect monitor.

You can fantasize unrealistic specs all day if you like - but in practice this is it, the one that ticks all the boxes, has a tripple digit max framerate and a resolution as high as the bandwidth allows.

Then i'll change my question, how long will it be the perfect monitor?

DP 1.3 is finalized and can be implemented, and it looks like it's time we get it soo... We are just waiting for the manufacturers to put it into their tech!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Then i'll change my question, how long will it be the perfect monitor?

DP 1.3 is finalized and can be implemented, and it looks like it's time we get it soo... We are just waiting for the manufacturers to put it into their tech!

It`ll be at least 2 more years before you see ACTUAL monitors that max out dp1.3. 

Not to mention that dp1.3 is a marginal pathetic increase over dp1.2.

We COULD get a 3440x1440 8bit color @ real 200hz.

But there isnt enough bandwidth to do 5120x2160 8bit color @ even 100hz.... 90hz would be max, but thats a fucking compromise again.

Any idiot can make a monitor that burns bandwidth on a single spec (and you get a tech demo monitor, not something you can actually use without regrets or issues boggling you in the back of your head about "what if")... the skill is to unify everything, including a triple digit framerate and only then get as high a resolution as the bandwidth allows.

Dp1.3 can do 3840x2160 8bit color @ 120hz, but as someone who has played on 21:9 - i can say, that anything besides 21:9 is completely irrelevant for gaming.

However in 3 years SuperMHL cable could appear, its being finalized now. THAT would be a proper upgrade, cuz it could do 5120x2160 10bit color @ 200hz.

So, id say the 3440x1440 100hz monitor is FIRST to unify everything in one monitor and it will remain the pretty much the best for 3 years or something. With a proper upgrade resolution and refresh wise coming in 5 years, around the same time OLED monitors should start properly appearing.

So if you get one of these 3440x1440 100hz monitors you are really set for the next 5 years at least.

It`ll be at least 2 more years before you see ACTUAL monitors that max out dp1.3.

Not to mention that dp1.3 is a marginal pathetic increase over dp1.2.

We COULD get a 3440x1440 8bit color @ real 200hz.

But there isnt enough bandwidth to do 5120x2160 8bit color @ even 100hz.... 90hz would be max, but thats a fucking compromise again.

Any idiot can make a monitor that burns bandwidth on a single spec (and you get a tech demo monitor, not something you can actually use without regrets or issues boggling you in the back of your head about "what if")... the skill is to unify everything, including a triple digit framerate and only then get as high a resolution as the bandwidth allows.

Dp1.3 can do 3840x2160 8bit color @ 120hz, but as someone who has played on 21:9 - i can say, that anything besides 21:9 is completely irrelevant for gaming.

However in 3 years SuperMHL cable could appear, its being finalized now. THAT would be a proper upgrade, cuz it could do 5120x2160 10bit color @ 200hz.

So, id say the 3440x1440 100hz monitor is FIRST to unify everything in one monitor and it will remain the pretty much the best for 3 years or something. With a proper upgrade resolution and refresh wise coming in 5 years, around the same time OLED monitors should start properly appearing.

So if you get one of these 3440x1440 100hz monitors you are really set for the next 5 years at least.

i totally agree!

-snip-

Unless you want Freesync :P

But true Dp1.3 has only 50% more bandwidth than 1.2 so in theory it can go up to 3440x1440 @ 150hz (50% more bandwidth, 50% more hz :P)

And if we get that, we need to wait again for a LOOONG time, so yea this is probably the best thing out there for the next few years.

Unless you want Freesync :P

But true Dp1.3 has only 50% more bandwidth than 1.2 so in theory it can go up to 3440x1440 @ 150hz (50% more bandwidth, 50% more hz :P)

And if we get that, we need to wait again for a LOOONG time, so yea this is probably the best thing out there for the next few years.

Ye, youre probably right LCD wise.

I was counting just the raw bandwidth - you could only do that on OLED.

On LCD you need to waste bandwidth on overdrive and all kinds of shit.... cuz LCD is pretty shit by itself.

i am wondering why don't u buy acer Predator X34?

Spec is almost the same just without swivel, 3 months gap...

i am wondering why don't u buy acer Predator X34?

Spec is almost the same just without swivel, 3 months gap...

A lot of negative feedbacks.

A lot of negative feedbacks.

Do u mean panel glow? apart of id design i believe Asus and Acer use same material no matter panel or inside gsync module...

so i predict that everything u see on Acer will happen to Asus as well

Wow look at these:

- 3x NVIDIA GeForce TITAN X GPU in 3-way SLI configuration are needed for surround vision.

- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology only works with NVIDIA’s graphic cards. Other GPUs are NOT able to support this technology.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology automatically scales up your contents displayed to 3440 x 1440. The DisplayPort supports 3440 x 1440 up to 100Hz. The HDMI only supports 3440 x 1440 @ 30Hz.

- The ROG SWIFT PG348Q can support G-SYNC Surround (3x SWIFT PG348Q) up to 10320 x 1440 (*Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.)

I don't recall the Acer going into detail of what it monitor can and cannot do.  Asus also comes right out and says it's monitor will do 100Hz, you just need a 700, 900 ot titan card with the latest drivers.  What is even better, is these drivers  are already out!  So they have made a monitor, that isn't availble for a few months, using drivers out today.

Nice move Asus.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

$2450 CAD for a gaming monitor is INSANE!  There is no way I can justify that kind of price, even though I could afford it if I wanted. 

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

$2450 CAD for a gaming monitor is INSANE! There is no way I can justify that kind of price, even though I could afford it if I wanted.

i totally agree....but remember it cost to be the boss.

$2450 CAD for a gaming monitor is INSANE!  There is no way I can justify that kind of price, even though I could afford it if I wanted. 

Yeah it is a little insane.  I was just THINKING that if the acer one came in around 1500-1600 I MIGHT considered it.  beyond that. Yeah I'm okay with my RoG Swift currently.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Yeah it is a little insane. I was just THINKING that if the acer one came in around 1500-1600 I MIGHT considered it. beyond that. Yeah I'm okay with my RoG Swift currently.

do you have any issues with your Swift?

do you have any issues with your Swift?

None.

None.

That my fear in getting that Swift....so many bad reviews.

I waited and saved up for a long time for these 2 screens and now i findout i properly cant afford neither.

*sigh* im tired of being stuck on crappy TN 1080p but at the same time nearly everything i look at lately feels like its not worth the investment  :mellow:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

I waited and saved up for a long time for these 2 screens and now i findout i properly cant afford neither.

*sigh* im tired of being stuck on crappy TN 1080p but at the same time nearly everything i look at lately feels like its not worth the investment :mellow:

I know how you feel...this price is totally outrageous.