aida64 or hwinfo or hwmonitor

randa

do I need to buy aida64

or to use the free hwinfo

or to use the hwmonitor ??

why they give you a free software ??

a hidden adware or virus maybe ?? :wacko:

I don't want a virus in my new gaming build :)  but also I want to watch my system temp -_-

Because some people might be nice?

maybe they arent motivated soley by cash.

AIDA64 is great as a 1 stop shop; but there are free alternatives that can do almost everything there. AIDAs great part is the fact it can be all done in the same place.

Coretemp/Realtemp are free (just be careful not to get the ones that install adware if you arent careful)

Hwmonitor is good, so is aida64 and it's free iirc. They are free for one of two reasons: 1) they are products made out of passion and the guys who made them want to share the awesomeness or 2) they are developed for some specific products and designed for customers - but they work on other products too (e.g. msi afterburner)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

aida64 and it's free iirc. 

but the trial is :)

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Intel xtu is also free. Forever. Just saying.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

will gigabyte official app

better ??

if using a gigabyte motherboard ??

aida isn't free

and HWmonitor do just fine

but if the bundle pack works, then whatever suit your need.

personally I never use any software that came with motherboard

except for BIOS update only if that software is required (which most of time it doesn't need)

will gigabyte official app

better ??

if using a gigabyte motherboard ??

Typically the software your manufacture supplies will be SPECIFIC to the machine itself.  Meaning it will be more accurate, more responsive, and fewer conflicts...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I use the app center for System information viewer alone. It does take some CPU power to run so you'll see a dip in your benchmarks running it. Great program though.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

as you remember I asked a question why my cpu voltage is soo high 1.60 v according to hwmonitor

10pbjti.jpg

now here a picture for my voltage readings with hwinfo64 and hwmonitor before render 4k video

1zlulc0.jpg

and while render 4k video

f1k4rb.jpg

so now which is correct and which is wrong ??

so now which is correct and which is wrong ??

I have found HWinfo64 to be a more reliable than HWmonitor lately. It also shows a lot more info than HWmonitor too.

Maybe throw Speccy in the mix and see which one it agrees with?

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.