I am very upset at Bohemia Interactive now (rant)

WereCat

So there is a big issue that wasnt solved for over a year in Arma 3 game.

Since Game Spy Arcade closed I, my friends or prety much anyone else cant host game trough in game menu. We cant see that game show up in server list and if we try to join directly trough Steam we just get error "Server not responding".

This is a very known and big issue. (Yes we can use third party programs like Hamachi, Evolve, etc... go and convince my friends to install them...) We should not be forced to do workarounds in a game we paid for when the option to host game is right in there. They should simply fix it. It is over a freaking year now!

(Basicaly this makes a big portion of game unplayable as I cant play COOP missions with friends and it makes making missions in Editor pointless as I cant play those missions with anyone...).

And BIS is just ingoring it.. I have seen NONE response from them to this issue.

Anyway... I was writing message to Bohemia Interactive Support. I was writing that message for an hour describing the problem, explaining how I tried to solve it and how other people tried to solve it without success. Asking them why it is not solved yet.. etc... it was very lenghty message.

The moment I clicked on 'SEND MESSAGE' I got a pop up saying "You cant send message longer than 1500 characters". After that the entire message disappeared. There was no character count in that message window so I wouldnt know. So I basicaly just lost an hour of text writing....

(Slow clap).

So there is a big issue that wasnt solved for over a year in Arma 3 game.

Since Game Spy Arcade closed I, my friends or prety much anyone else cant host game trough in game menu. We cant see that game show up in server list and if we try to join directly trough Steam we just get error "Server not responding".

This is a very known and big issue. (Yes we can use third party programs like Hamachi, Evolve, etc... go and convince my friends to install them...) We should not be forced to do workarounds in a game we paid for when the option to host game is right in there. They should simply fix it. It is over a freaking year now!

(Basicaly this makes a big portion of game unplayable as I cant play COOP missions with friends and it makes making missions in Editor pointless as I cant play those missions with anyone...).

And BIS is just ingoring it.. I have seen NONE response from them to this issue.

Anyway... I was writing message to Bohemia Interactive Support. I was writing that message for an hour describing the problem, explaining how I tried to solve it and how other people tried to solve it without success. Asking them why it is not solved yet.. etc... it was very lenghty message.

The moment I clicked on 'SEND MESSAGE' I got a pop up saying "You cant send message longer than 1500 characters". After that the entire message disappeared. There was no character count in that message window so I wouldnt know. So I basicaly just lost an hour of text writing....

(Slow clap).

throw a lan party ?

hell we did it for  battlefront 2 and EA even sent us a FREE copy of the game for 28 people !

no gamespy :)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I was writing that message for an hour describing the problem, explaining how I tried to solve it and how other people tried to solve it without success. Asking them why it is not solved yet.. etc... it was very lenghty message.

(Slow clap).

BfBxn3ICUAAPaCn.jpg

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

you need a dedicated port or a server to host a server

Yea..... I spent DAYS trying to make it work without success. I am not the only one. Prety much every forum I went on was saying what you are saying and I found 0 people for which it worked.

HOW!!!

we basically sent an email explaining that we wanted to throw a lan party, they said ok and sent us the game

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Yea..... I spent DAYS trying to make it work without success. I am not the only one. Prety much every forum I went on was saying what you are saying and I found 0 people for which it worked.

well idk how people in my realisim unit has a dedicated server.

did you port foward ?

can u make a tldr plz

Here's your tl;dr:

Learn how to read.

well idk how people in my realisim unit has a dedicated server.

did you port foward ?

I did everything. LITERALY everything. I spent weeks reading all the guides and I spent days trying to make it work. It is meaningless to ask me if I tried that or that. I did.

Regarding dedicated server:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

I dont want to deal with that shit. I just want to make game work with STUPID workarounds as it used to work. Just MULTIPLAYER/NEW/Start Server/Done!

I just port forwarded like 2 ports, and was able to invite one of my friends into a coop mod

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

I did everything. LITERALY everything. I spent weeks reading all the guides and I spent days trying to make it work. It is meaningless to ask me if I tried that or that. I did.

I dont want to deal with that shit. I just want to make game work with STUPID workarounds as it used to work. Just MULTIPLAYER/NEW/Start Server/Done!

well a majority of games require this

It really is that simple

i just portforwarded 2 ports, created a server in game, and a friend was able to join

maybe you need more wam

or maybe, just maybe, its your own fault, router fault or your computers fault and not bohemias fault

It really is that simple

i just portforwarded 2 ports, created a server in game, and a friend was able to join

maybe you need more wam

or maybe, just maybe, its your own, router or computers fault and not bohemias fault

It is not my fault. Just go read forums. Like this for example.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/1/622954302093934377/#p2

Or this

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/28hw92/cant_play_arma_3_multiplayer_with_friends_now/

Or this

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152115-connect-failed-for-any-of-my-friends-trying-to-join-me-what-can-i-do/

etc..

My friends tried portforwarding too and it didnt worked for them either.

EDIT: 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/167396-cant-connect-to-server-via-host-your-own-session/page-2

It drags from 2014 May to yesterday.

EDIT 2:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20151 

official ticket to BIS that got not resolved at all

Zmrd :D

Ani som si nevsimol ze si slovak :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

If it works when using software such as: Hamachi, Evolve, etc then that means that the games built in server creator is working so dont try to host using a dedicated server, just make sure that you have ported all of the ports, AND that when you host the game those ports are selected

Try to connect to the server you made using a direct IP, do not try to join via steam since it is unreliable

Also check if you are running it with administrator rights, have put arma3.exe on your firewall whitelist, and have granted it full network acces via your firewall (pops up a window if you are using windows firewall)

If it works when using software such as: Hamachi, Evolve, etc then that means that the games built in server creator is working so dont try to host using a dedicated server, just make sure that you have ported all of the ports, AND that when you host the game those ports are selected

Try to connect to the server you made using a direct IP, do not try to join via steam since it is unreliable

Also check if you are running it with administrator rights, have put arma3.exe on your firewall whitelist, and have granted it full network acces via your firewall (pops up a window if you are using windows firewall)

Please stop...

I did all that. And my friends dont want to use 3rd party software.

The reason why the message I was writing to BIS was so long was so that I can avoid all these advices I already tried. I was describing every single thing I tried. Anything you can name I tried.

And I was not writing it just so that I can play it with my friends but so that anyone else does not have to deal with all that shit.

EDIT:

Thnx for trying to help me. I know I may sounded offensive but it was not my intention. Sorry. I am not here looking for help it was just to vent my frustration. Especialy to point out how that support ticked was the last nail into the coffin for me.

Please stop...

I did all that. And my friends dont want to use 3rd party software.

The reason why the message I was writing to BIS was so long was so that I can avoid all these advices I already tried. I was describing every single thing I tried. Anything you can name I tried.

And I was not writing it just so that I can play it with my friends but so that anyone else does not have to deal with all that shit.

EDIT:

Thnx for trying to help me. I know I may sounded offensive but it was not my intention. Sorry. I am not here looking for help it was just to vent my frustration. Especialy to point out how that support ticked was the last nail into the coffin for me.

I always do ctrl c when i write to tech support, since most tech support dont even accept over 1000 words

although i understand how frustrating it is, its worth to write it again, things i wouldnt do for arma

Also bohemia has a pretty good tech support from my limited experience, they even bothered to send me an exe file instead of giving me a word to search for on google after a few back and fourth messages on why i couldnt play arma 1, and it worked

I have a few questions, sorry if you're repeating yourself here, but I just want to know a few things. I don't own Arma 3 so also sorry if I get some things wrong here.

1. Did you port-forward on your router and then go in-game and setup a server?

2. Did you use the Windows instructions in the link you posted before to setup the server? Link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

3. Or did you use the "Arma 3 Server" tool in the Steam client that you can download? You can find this by going to your Steam Library, click on "Games" right under the "Library" button and then click on "Tools". There should be a "Arma 3 Server" tool there.

I'm asking because I used to run servers for Source games and the Linux method of installation for a Arma 3 server is exactly the same as my old Source servers. I'm pretty sure I could install a Arma 3 server without an issue on my Linux box, I don't have the game so I can't test that claim, so I'm guessing the issues here are....

1. Port-forwarding and making a server through in-game probably used Gamespy as a backend in some way, since it's gone you can't make a server. This won't be fixed until BIS does some hocus pocus to use something else, and I swear I thought Steam has a service for this....

2. You need a dedicated IP for the Windows/Linux install on a server box, if you're doing that, but the way you've described your problems I don't think you're doing this on a dedicated server box.

Screw them. I watched an episode of futurama the other day and fry was playing dayZ alpha.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I have a few questions, sorry if you're repeating yourself here, but I just want to know a few things. I don't own Arma 3 so also sorry if I get some things wrong here.

1. Did you port-forward on your router and then go in-game and setup a server?

2. Did you use the Windows instructions in the link you posted before to setup the server? Link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

3. Or did you use the "Arma 3 Server" tool in the Steam client that you can download? You can find this by going to your Steam Library, click on "Games" right under the "Library" button and then click on "Tools". There should be a "Arma 3 Server" tool there.

I'm asking because I used to run servers for Source games and the Linux method of installation for a Arma 3 server is exactly the same as my old Source servers. I'm pretty sure I could install a Arma 3 server without an issue on my Linux box, I don't have the game so I can't test that claim, so I'm guessing the issues here are....

1. Port-forwarding and making a server through in-game probably used Gamespy as a backend in some way, since it's gone you can't make a server. This won't be fixed until BIS does some hocus pocus to use something else, and I swear I thought Steam has a service for this....

2. You need a dedicated IP for the Windows/Linux install on a server box, if you're doing that, but the way you've described your problems I don't think you're doing this on a dedicated server box.

It is working now.. somehow. I dont know how. I did undo everything then did it again and it didnt worked so I kicked into router out of frustration and then it worked. I think sometimes you just have to add that magic kick into the recipe or something.

However I tried to do it the other way around and that is trough Skype I told friend what I did and he did the same and it doesent work for him even if he kicks the router so I dont know.

I made static IP in Windows in Networking in Control Panel and then I Portforwarded the ports to that static IP I created. And then I kicked the router.

And yes I did exactly this before and it did not worked. I even used the same IP.