Intel "Skylake" 6700K Overclocking Guide

I would just like to know. Can I get a good overclock with the GA-Z170-HD3 motherboard from Gigabyte?

And how many power phases does the board have? Because that is not on the spec sheet.

1 hour ago, EternalSaberGaming said:

I would just like to know. Can I get a good overclock with the GA-Z170-HD3 motherboard from Gigabyte?

And how many power phases does the board have? Because that is not on the spec sheet.

Any Z170 has the ability to overclock, even if the power phases aren't listed you should be easily be able to hit 4.5GHz stable if you don't then it's either you lost the silicon lottery or you applied too much voltage that's needed causing high temperatures.

Last night did some work on an overclock and got a stable 4.2 GHz on a Skylake i5 6600K. Also managed to OC my RAM to 2200 and it is stable so I am happy, could push it more but eh effort lol. System specs below love this machine!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply