any way to prevent ddos attacks?

bobfreeman

Pro matches almost never get DDOSed? 

If you've been following online Counter-Strike in recent months, you have probably also grown tired of constant crashes, pauses, and player swaps in the middle of matches.

Lately FACEIT has even gone as far as playing some games off of streams to avoid the issue of DDoSsing.

It has gotten better recently, i admit that but Pro matches do get ddosed. They probably have ddos protection now. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

It has gotten better recently, i admit that but Pro matches do get ddosed. They probably have ddos protection now. 

Also the match is still going on, you just can't see it if it gets ddosed, with your logic there getting players ips and botting them offline from in game, there ddosing the actual place that they view the match.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Also the match is still going on, you just can't see it if it gets ddosed, with your logic there getting players ips and botting them offline from in game, there ddosing the actual place that they view the match.

Sometimes the stream gets ddosed, that wouldn't prevent them from continueing the game - and it doesn't. 

Though it is possible to attack either the players participating in a given match, or the game server itself

If you've been following online Counter-Strike in recent months, you have probably also grown tired of constant crashes, pauses, and player swaps in the middle of matches.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Sometimes the stream gets ddosed, that wouldn't prevent them from continueing the game - and it doesn't. 

That's a random source and we are talking about only LAN CSGO Pro matches where the only way they could get the IP is through the game, and games like that such as the recent ESL Cologne have never been DDosed. Your thinking of small time CSGO tournmanents of smaller teams that play from their home computer, where hackers could get there ips far far easier, in CSGO itself however it's almost impossible to get. I remembered watching matches on CSGO lounge where the announcer was like "Oh this guy is lagging, he tells us he's on wi-fi and it does this from time to time when his family's downloading in the backround" etc. etc. There's other factors that are in play in small time games.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

That's a random source and we are talking about only LAN CSGO Pro matches where the only way they could get the IP is through the game, and games like that such as the recent ESL Cologne have never been DDosed. Your thinking of small time CSGO tournmanents of smaller teams that play from their home computer, where hackers could get there ips far far easier, in CSGO itself however it's almost impossible to get. I remembered watching matches on CSGO lounge where the announcer was like "Oh this guy is lagging, he tells us he's on wi-fi and it does this from time to time when his family's downloading in the backround" etc. etc. There's other factors that are in play in small time games.

Who says we are talking about LAN in the first place? Most Pro matches are held online and there is just a few LAN tournaments, usually majors like ESL One or Dreamhack. Also calling HLTV a random source obviously shows that you have no idea about Counter Strike. 

Actually, just now there is a match between Conquest and CLG, look at the ping and tell me that is LAN. 

Single rule "Dont be dick to 8 year kids"

Magical Pineapples

Who says we are talking about LAN in the first place? Most Pro matches are held online and there is just a few LAN tournaments, usually majors like ESL One or Dreamhack. Also calling HLTV a random source obviously shows that you have no idea about Counter Strike. 

Actually, just now there is a match between Conquest and CLG, look at the ping and tell me that is LAN. 

A random source, meaning you didn't site it, man your getting worked up. Also the only reason we were talking about this is your logic that ip's are gotten directly from in game and I simply explained that they cannot be optained in game, the matches you saw DDOsed (which is very rare) were the ones held online which are much less secure and the ips were not gotten in game and from probably some other means.

A random source, meaning you didn't site it, man your getting worked up. Also the only reason we were talking about this is your logic that ip's are gotten directly from in game and I simply explained that they cannot be optained in game, the matches you saw DDOsed (which is very rare) were the ones held online which are much less secure and the ips were not gotten in game and from probably some other means.

In the first post i adressed you i stated that a steam message is all it may take to get someone's IP adress. I posted the link above? How didn't i site it? 

what does this have to do with facebook? We are talking about CSGO, and if you truely believe what he's saying you obviously don't know very much.

No one said anything about Facebook.  But the Steam messenger works EXACTLY the same.  It provides you with a client based server so you can easily access it and take down someones IP with a simple overload or more complicated DDOS like through a stresser. "You also give it away when connecting to servers, so server operators can see it and also any P2P games will give it away (like MW3) because you all need it to talk to each other!"  You can also use simple softwares like Wireshark to get the job done.  (Don't ask how I know all of this) btw I quoted someone from steam about the P2P and MW3 to prove my point

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them