What gpu is good for graphic designing?

Pooherino ツ

I'm building a system for my friend, and this is what I picked out for her

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/nVQ3pg

and this is what she picked out herself

http://imgur.com/deZLl1Q

idk how she did it, she is not at all tech savy. But she sent me this picture, naturely I went "WTF!!!!!" but I just wanna make sure what gpu she really need, because I know that 980ti is way too overkill for gaming since she is going to be using 1080p 60hz monitor but what about GRAPHIC DESIGNING? Cus she's a graphic designing student and she wanted a rig that will last her at least 6-7 years or even 10 years.

I usually upgrade annually lol so I never really think about future proofing.

Well a GPU is not going to make any difference in terms of graphics editing. The only part of if that does help, is the vram (for screen size, amount, etc)

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'm building a system for my friend, and this is what I picked out for her

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/nVQ3pg

and this is what she picked out herself

http://imgur.com/deZLl1Q

idk how she did it, she is not at all tech savy. But she sent me this picture, naturely I went "WTF!!!!!" but I just wanna make sure what gpu she really need, because I know that 980ti is way too overkill for gaming since she is going to be using 1080p 60hz monitor but what about GRAPHIC DESIGNING? Cus she's a graphic designing student and she wanted a rig that will last her at least 6-7 years or even 10 years.

I usually upgrade annually lol so I never really think about future proofing.

Quadro or FirePro.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Im a graphic designer.

I use a GTX980, but even with that I have slowdown on some of my Projects on photoshop (with an OC'ed 4790k watercooled). 

It's 99% CPU & Ram, 1% GPU.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

quadro k4000 and a beefy cpu like a i7 5920k maybe a gtx series just for the cuda acceleration

CPU: i7-2600 @ 3.4 ghz  l  Motherboard: ms-7728 l  RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866MHz  l  GPU: GTX760  l  Case: Phanteks enthoo pro  l  Storage: 250GB crucial bx100 ssd, 500GB Seagate pipeline hdd  l  PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2  l  Displays: iiyama Prolite E2208HDD, HannStar JC199D  l  Cooling: AVC 92mm downdraft l  Keyboard: P.O.S. keyboard that came with pc in Jan. 2011 l Mouse: Maxxter gaming mouse   Sound: On-Board   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro  l

My advice is to check compatibility with the programs used on a regular basis. Quite often industry grade programs are nit optimised for CUDA (nividea's consumer grade core) While firepro and quaddro will give you impressive performance in industry grade programs the consumer grade nivideas cards do not fare well, and you'll pay a hefty price tag for those cards. If price is an issue I'd recommend a consumer grade AMD card (Or is that ATi now?) As they support direct compute that most industry grade programs are optimised for.

Honestly Quadro And Tesla if you won't be gaming it has insane rendering.

Also apparently AMD is usually better for Rendering.