Why do Apple products REALLY suck?

Ratchet Miles

Apple products are shit? Man, the fact that Apple is worth billions more than even Microsoft is a lie.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

well... said macbook was a few years old, and as with a windows install things kinda degrade over time. sadly apple is a tad too closed down to go in and optimize stuff.

(windows has ccleaner)

and i also know plenty of people that use their macbook just fine, but most of these arent power users.

--

in the end its personal preference. if all my software (and games, techically software, but still...) was linux compatible, i would have been on manjaro linux like... months ago.

i prefer to be in touch with my machine, i can listen to the sound my server makes, and based on that i know what it's doing, if it needs cleaning, or if something is wrong.

on the other hand, grandma would be genuinely confused if her computer told her "Xorg has encountered an error at line 658 in xorg.conf"

the idea behind linux is "a distro for everyone", we could drag windows and mac (and bsd, and all other oddities) into this, and say "an operating system for everyone"

each operating system is made with a specific customer in mind. if such a custommer uses the system he/she will be satisfied, if someone outside of that audience uses the system, he/she will be annoyed, or confused.

Was the OS version recent? OS X has actually matured a lot over the past like, 2 years. Even I could say that older versions are horrible. If your friend has his MacBook still, get him to update it.

-Ratchet Miles

I can't remember the exact times, but OSX still has the feature from Unix in it that automatically optimizes the OS. I think it was around 1-3PM. I haven't dealt with OSX since Leopard.

oh yeah, that, i remember now, a (truly fanboy, in the true meaning of the word) mac fanboy teacher boasted about that.

we were quick to reply windows has this too, but windows actually has it configurable when it runs.

Was the OS version recent? OS X has actually matured a lot over the past like, 2 years. Even I could say that older versions are horrible. If your friend has his MacBook still, get him to update it.

i think most of the issues actually started when he updated to yosemite. not sure how it went after that tho.

I don't think Apple products suck, though they have some things that I think they do better. If many of you will recall, Apple products before the release of the iPhone were not that popular and didn't hit the "mainstream" until the release of the iPhone. Sure, there were other companies that had similar products, but Apple was able to figure out how to make it easier for people to use.

Some of my original mp3 players had horrible interfaces, and the phones (nokia, motorola, samsung) I had were horrible and clunky to use too. So Apple combined it into a form factor that was easy to use, integrated well with their own media player, and it hit at just the right time with consumers frustrated by their devices. 

Does that mean Apple sells computers that are overpriced for their performance? I think so, yes, which is why I'm building a PC and not buying an iMac. 

I don't think Apple products suck, though they have some things that I think they do better. If many of you will recall, Apple products before the release of the iPhone were not that popular and didn't hit the "mainstream" until the release of the iPhone. Sure, there were other companies that had similar products, but Apple was able to figure out how to make it easier for people to use.

Some of my original mp3 players had horrible interfaces, and the phones (nokia, motorola, samsung) I had were horrible and clunky to use too. So Apple combined it into a form factor that was easy to use, integrated well with their own media player, and it hit at just the right time with consumers frustrated by their devices. 

Does that mean Apple sells computers that are overpriced for their performance? I think so, yes, which is why I'm building a PC and not buying an iMac. 

this brings me back to my own first MP3 player.

the thing had a folder for playlists, you could choose what playlist you want to listen to, but there was only support for one playlist at a time.

when that thing caught fire i got an ipod touch, and happily used it for a while, until the battery went poop...

For many it's the price and not the brand, and then for others it's the brand.

Honestly I kind of like Apple but there are somethings I would love if they did better in some things.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

- Operating System is not good, it is horrible.

- Bang for Buck ratio is beyond hilarious.

- Outdated features that suddenly gets ''mainstream'' because Apple introduced it again.

- Apple is a fashion wear (Like Beats by Dr. Dre, which they even work with..)

- Extremist Fanboys

There are so many features or lack of features actually, that the Apple doesnt have, which gives me an unpleasent experience. Further more, I cannot see how anyone can justify its price, as it doesnt make any sense, and anyone that I know of, who doesnt know anything when it comes to tech, but claims to do so.. Claims Apple is the supreme leader, no matter what you tell them. Their OS is child / eldere safe, and not something I am interrested in.

One simple thing that I hate and disgust about Apples iPhone/iPod is the one simple thing called Drag & Drop, nope you need iTunes for that!

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

It's not that they suck, it's just expensive for little things for example the dock and the pencil

The apple experience doesn't give you the freedom to do what you want.

I'm not giving up drag and drop music. Ever.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

OSX sucks, just plain and simple. It's like Linux and Windows had a baby and then dropped it on its head. Sure it "works"(when it wants too), but that doesn't make it a good OS.

Off topic;

"Don't want to learn how to use Linux"

"Want to learn programming"

LOL.

I can't, I really can't right now.