Best starter Keyboard and Mouse

TwisTed_PoLo

I have recently moved over from console and don't really have a clue about keyboard and mouse. Ive pretty much put all of my money into the PC build so i haven't got much left over. anything I buy now would be a complete guess so any suggestions would be great, thanks  :P

Try get a Mechanical keyboard, Mice don't really matter.

But tbh anything goes.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

anything that suits you a cheap 15 $ keyboard might be good if you dont have money now and save up and wait for  a deal

If you are a media guy get a bluetooth keyboard...

Basically anything that suits you and is cheap

But tbh anything goes.

For mice, I'd recommend getting something comfortable. Even if you have to spend a few more bucks.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

I have to agree that the bulk of your budget should go into the mouse. I have a G502 and a $30 Tt keyboard and I'm happy, for the moment.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

oh ok I would have thought the keyboard mattered more so that helps thanks :) , I'm using a bluetooth keyboard at them moment that I had for a tablet and an apple magic mouse, so they're ok for most things but useless at games. so are there any brands that are better than other.  

But tbh anything goes.

think you got that flipped around bud 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Linus just listed my Tt as a best budget buy in his video yesterday. It's definitely not a mechanical keyboard, but gets the job done.

oh ok I would have thought the keyboard mattered more so that helps thanks :) , I'm using a bluetooth keyboard at them moment that I had for a tablet and an apple magic mouse, so they're ok for most things but useless at games. so are there any brands that are better than other.  

It's all subjective, but the general consensus on this forum in particular is go Corsair, Logitech or Cooler Master (I know I'm missing a few brands, please don't shit on me) and stay away from Razer.

Up until recently I was a firm believer in Razer. I used to own the previous iteration of the Naga Epic, the smaller one. Never broke on me, never had issues with it. I gave it away as I bought the newer Naga and this year it has given me nothing but issues: the sensor keeps going out at the most inconvenient times and is getting horribly inaccurate.

the keabord dosn't "realy" matter, buy a good mouse.

5€ Chinese mouse better then my G502 #TrueStory

DPI button, led lighting, FREAKING BRAIDED CABLE (miles better then the G502 shit braiding) for 4.99€

SDC10026.JPG

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It's all subjective, but the general consensus on this forum in particular is go Corsair, Logitech or Cooler Master (I know I'm missing a few brands, please don't shit on me) and stay away from Razer.

Up until recently I was a firm believer in Razer. I used to own the previous iteration of the Naga Epic, the smaller one. Never broke on me, never had issues with it. I gave it away as I bought the newer Naga and this year it has given me nothing but issues: the sensor keeps going out at the most inconvenient times and is getting horribly inaccurate.

haha thanks I was just looking at razor as I've seen the brand a lot, Ill have to do my research  :) Ill definitely be getting a mouse but ill thing ill save some money for a bit to get a good keyboard  :ph34r:

haha thanks I was just looking at razor as I've seen the brand a lot, Ill have to do my research  :) Ill definitely be getting a mouse but ill thing ill save some money for a bit to get a good keyboard  :ph34r:

Whatever you do, don't go for that shitty "final mouse" that LTT made a review of.

Please. Please. Please. 

That's some subjectivity right there The Converter. Only complaint I have on the G502 is the scroll wheel.

Whatever you do, don't go for that shitty "final mouse" that LTT made a review of.

Please. Please. Please. 

ye I looked at that and thought it was a little weird  <_<

get a generic keyboard for now. they're ridonkulously cheap, and do the job.

as for a mouse: go to a store and "grope" a few, buy the one that feels best for you.

some people like a large mouse, some people prefer a small one.

i prefer a heavy mouse, while most of my friends would rather have their mouse be a puff of air.

most people prefer wired, but theres also tons of people that'd much rather have a wireless mouse.

thanks for the help guys feel better about it already  :)  but is a mouse pad important or will any old thing do the job, I'm sure a have a few in my loft somewhere   :lol:

thanks for the help guys feel better about it already  :)  but is a mouse pad important or will any old thing do the job, I'm sure a have a few in my loft somewhere   :lol:

Depends on the mouse. If you get one that calibrates to the mouse pad, or lack thereof *cough* G502 *cough*. Then no worries.

my desk is my mousepad.

mousepads are for people with crappy desks.

my desk will last approximately 1000x longer than the average ikea desk, i'm set xD (didnt pull this numer out of my ass, theres actual testing on stuff like this)

my desk is my mousepad.

mousepads are for people with crappy desks.

my desk will last approximately 1000x longer than the average ikea desk, i'm set xD (didnt pull this numer out of my ass, theres actual testing on stuff like this)

I built My own desk and I recon it would be fine with it but i recon ill use an pad just to protect it a little  :P

Just be careful if you have an unsealed wood desk, most mice leave ugly black marks without a mousepad, learned that the hard way.

Also, if you type a lot invest more in the keyboard, if you play competetive shooters you probably want to invest into a decent mouse.

Maybe get a cheap keyboard (every 5$ keyboard will do the job) and save up for a mechanical keyboard, it really adds a lot to the 'user experience' of a pc, not only for gaming.

Just be careful if you have an unsealed wood desk, most mice leave ugly black marks without a mousepad, learned that the hard way.

Also, if you type a lot invest more in the keyboard, if you play competetive shooters you probably want to invest into a decent mouse.

Maybe get a cheap keyboard (every 5$ keyboard will do the job) and save up for a mechanical keyboard, it really adds a lot to the 'user experience' of a pc, not only for gaming.

ye ill play it safe with my desk don't want to ruin it  :)

But tbh anything goes.

the mouse is more important than the keyboard in regards to gaming. 

OP, you'd probably like the cooler master quikfire tk, brown switches. if you could ever find one.