Should I upgrade to windows 10?

Roboslash1

Hi,

I was wondering if Windows 10 had gotten any updates since mid-august? I had upgraded to windows 10 around mid august but I unfortunately encountered many problems. Nothing was major, except the fact that some of my games didn't launch or crashed on windows 10. I really loved how it was designed and developed, so I wonder if anyone had the same problem as me, and has it been fixed or not?

Thanks a lot,

Roboslash1 

Desktop: Processor - Intel Core i7 5820K   Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3   RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400MHz DDR4   GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Case - Fractal Design R4 Window   Storage - x1 WD Green 1TB, x1 WD Green 2TB, x1 Samsung 850EVO 120GB, x1 Kingston SSDNow 120GB  PSU - Cooler Master B700 (700W)   Displays - x1 Dell E2214H, x2 Dell 1908FP-BLK   Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 SE2011  

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014   Mouse - Razer Deathaddder 2013   Speakers - Logitech Z906 5.1 OS - Windows 10 Pro   Headphones - Steelseries 9H, Sennheiser Momentum

Only problem I have ran into was with Final fantasy 14.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Well I can't say not since I don't have problems with win10 so yeah, I like it, except those NSA like settings, make sure to disable them

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well I can't say not since I don't have problems with win10 so yeah, I like it, except those NSA like settings, make sure to disable them

Where can they be found?

Desktop: Processor - Intel Core i7 5820K   Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3   RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400MHz DDR4   GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Case - Fractal Design R4 Window   Storage - x1 WD Green 1TB, x1 WD Green 2TB, x1 Samsung 850EVO 120GB, x1 Kingston SSDNow 120GB  PSU - Cooler Master B700 (700W)   Displays - x1 Dell E2214H, x2 Dell 1908FP-BLK   Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 SE2011  

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014   Mouse - Razer Deathaddder 2013   Speakers - Logitech Z906 5.1 OS - Windows 10 Pro   Headphones - Steelseries 9H, Sennheiser Momentum

Where can they be found?

just download shut up win 10 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

just download shut up win 10 

Yeah, that wasn't very helpful.....

Where can they be found?

In Settings > Privacy. There's thirteen pages of things in there that you can disable.

Crashing and inability to launch games sounds like driver issues. If you want to do an in-place upgrade rather than a clean install, make sure you completely uninstall your drivers and reinstall with a new Windows 10 version. Windows 7/8.1 versions will not function. That probably goes for sound, LAN, and others too, not just video card.

There have been some updates, but nothing major yet. It does work fine for most, though.

Yeah, that wasn't very helpful.....

no seriously, there is a app called shut up windows 10

http://www.oo-software.com/de/shutup10

Really helpful

In Settings > Privacy. There's thirteen pages of things in there that you can disable.

Crashing and inability to launch games sounds like driver issues. If you want to do an in-place upgrade rather than a clean install, make sure you completely uninstall your drivers and reinstall with a new Windows 10 version. Windows 7/8.1 versions will not function. That probably goes for sound, LAN, and others too, not just video card.

There have been some updates, but nothing major yet. It does work fine for most, though.

Ok, thank you very much. May consider the upgrade. 

Really helpful

Lol

And it's been proven that those settings don't actually turn things off.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm sure the things in the Privacy menu actually turn off what they say they turn off, at least they seem to work as advertised. It just becomes a question of what they may have left out of the Privacy menu. And sure, there may be more data collection than just that.

That said, I read that Ars Technica article the last time it was linked to me as "proof" and what I still see are claims of misdeeds without much evidence or corroboration by other sites.

I'm sure the things in the Privacy menu actually turn off what they say they turn off, at least they seem to work as advertised. It just becomes a question of what they may have left out of the Privacy menu. And sure, there may be more data collection than just that.

That said, I read that Ars Technica article the last time it was linked to me as "proof" and what I still see are claims of misdeeds without much evidence or corroboration by other sites.

I'll admit, there needs to be a comparison of network traffic with the settings on and off. What bothers me is that they are sending encrypted data from my PC to themselves, and I have no legal right to control how that data is used, or even see what that data is.

We have only their promises as to how it will be used. Because corporations NEVER break their promises right?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Really helpful

Quick question about the app. Does the red mean that the function is on or off? Like for instance, one of the settings is "Internet access of Windows Media Digital Rights Management(DRM) disabled" If I click switch so it's green, does that mean the internet access is disabled or enabled?

BF4 would not launch in win edge, has to use explorer. BF4 update fixed that. Make sure you check your games for updates too.

As for the NSA spying on me after making fun of the illigal alien B. Hussain Osama O-Bow-Ma I don't thing "shut up windows 10" will help much, but thanks for the info:)