Fury Nano Benchmarks [1080p/1440p/2160p]

Tim Drake

Yes, AMD fanboys really love "trying" to justify their shitty Fury and Fury X miss purchases by one single DX12 benchmark. But they don't care that their losing 20-25% on their 500 current games in their Steam Library for a card that costs the same or more.

Guess we can't live in a world were everyone just buy the best bang for buck option...

There is a lot more in the world than bang for the buck... As I said, different people value different things.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I was under the impression the change from HDMI 1.x to 2.0 was firmware, not hardware. Has AMD come out and said HDMI 2.0 cannot or will not happen on the current Fury line? Would it not just be a BIOS flash or driver update of some kind?

The ports and controllers are the same, its just the signal has changed.

It's hardware. AMD talks about an active displayport to hdmi 2 adapter coming to the market later. But that is an expensive and complicated solution.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The 970 gets recked by the Nano. Again, for what do you NEED HDMI 2 for?

For my 4K LG TV that I have since 1.5 years? God 30hz was just cruel afwull on my R9 290...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The 970 gets recked by the Nano. Again, for what do you NEED HDMI 2 for?

It's apparently for the small amount of people who have a 4K TV and also want to game at 60 Hz on it. That must be something like .001% of people or something.  :lol:

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I was under the impression the change from HDMI 1.x to 2.0 was firmware, not hardware. Has AMD come out and said HDMI 2.0 cannot or will not happen on the current Fury line? Would it not just be a BIOS flash or driver update of some kind?

The ports and controllers are the same, its just the signal has changed.

Nope it's hardware. HDMI 2.0 has a much higher bandwidth. You can however still use your existing HDMI cables as long as they are "super speed"

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It's apparently for the small amount of people who have a 4K TV and also want to game at 60 Hz on it. That must be something like .001% of people or something.  :lol:

I think the Nano is way more niche product then a 4K TV.

549$ for a 49 inch IPS 4K tv with Smart TV... who can say NO to that when 24 inch IPS monitors costs that much now.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/441683-us-amazon-49-inch-4k-tv-with-smart-tv-for-54999/

And I work at a big electronic store now and can tell you that our warehouse is filled with 80% 4K Tv's and 20% 1080P TV's. Sad I'm not allowed to take pictures because of security reasons :(

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'd think it would be pretty cool to have a PC case smaller then 10inches in length, width, and height.

Cooler Master Elite 110 looks nice but so far I've got no where near enough money to buy these high end systems.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

549$ for a 49 inch IPS 4K tv with Smart TV... who can say NO to that when 24 inch IPS monitors costs that much now.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/441683-us-amazon-49-inch-4k-tv-with-smart-tv-for-54999/

A lot of people can say no to that. These people, including me and my parents, are fine with 1080p for now. When 4K becomes mainstream in 3-5 years or so, and once 4K is cheaper, that's when we'll upgrade. Right now, it isn't really relevant. And besides, you didn't address the precious few people who use PCs to game on their TVs in the first place, let alone at 4K.

Huh? A 24 Inch IPS monitor? Specify wha resolution.

1080p you could buy 4 1080p 24inch IPS for about $560

1440p you could get 2 25inch IPS 60hz Panels for $500-$600

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

meh. $650 for that. no thanks.

I'd rather spend more on a 980Ti.

Same

Tho I still feel like my 770 is givin me all its got :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Huh? A 24 Inch IPS monitor? Specify wha resolution.

1080p you could buy 4 1080p 24inch IPS for about $560

1440p you could get 2 25inch IPS 60hz Panels for $500-$600

The same 4K resolution. OMG can't belive you ask this lol...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

A lot of people can say no to that. These people, including me and my parents, are fine with 1080p for now. When 4K becomes mainstream in 3-5 years or so, and once 4K is cheaper, that's when we'll upgrade. Right now, it isn't really relevant. And besides, you didn't address the precious few people who use PCs to game on their TVs in the first place, let alone at 4K.

Cheaper? How freaking cheaper do you want to get? This is cheaper then 1080P TV's lol.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

For my 4K LG TV that I have since 1.5 years? God 30hz was just cruel afwull on my R9 290...

But you can't play any games at 4K much above 30 fps on the Nano anyways. Unless you lower the graphics settings quite a lot. But like I said, it's dumb Fiji doesn't have HDMI2. I don't get it.

As for you DX11 statement, NVidia is not at all that much faster. They are actually similar or slower if you look at performance per dollar. Sure the 980ti is a koth card, but so is the Nano at its size. If you don't want/need the card to be that size, then you're not intended customer.

You need to go dual GPU for that today anyways. With Pascal and Greenland we will see true 4K cards with all the vram and performance needed.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Yes, AMD fanboys really love "trying" to justify their shitty Fury and Fury X miss purchases by one single DX12 benchmark. But they don't care that their losing 20-25% on their 500 current games in their Steam Library for a card that costs the same or more.

Guess we can't live in a world were everyone just buy the best bang for buck option...

I bought the Tri-X R9 290 because it was miles better then anything Nvidia had to offer at that time including the more expensive GTX 780.

I bought the 980Ti because it was miles better then anything AMD had to offer at that time including the Nano, Fury and Fury X.

Next year, it will however I don't have to really care about price anymore, I will just choose the fastest card.

Not to mention the Fury X will not have a great lifespan because of the watercooling. But if AMD seriously decided to go for watercooling their reference card,

something is definitely NOT good. And now it seems the Fury X already gets its ass wiped by the traditional GDDR5 GTX980Ti!

The fun thing, last year when the Euro was strong and Alternate webstore sold the 290 and GTX780 at the same price.

The only thing that I only most care were the temps so I got the Asus DirectCU II GTX780. I really had hard times for which GPU I'll go, the 290 or 780.

I'll also get the fastest GPU next year.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

But you can't play any games at 4K much above 30 fps on the Nano anyways. Unless you lower the graphics settings quite a lot. But like I said, it's dumb Fiji doesn't have HDMI2. I don't get it.

As for you DX11 statement, NVidia is not at all that much faster. They are actually similar or slower if you look at performance per dollar. Sure the 980ti is a koth card, but so is the Nano at its size. If you don't want/need the card to be that size, then you're not intended customer.

You need to go dual GPU for that today anyways. With Pascal and Greenland we will see true 4K cards with all the vram and performance needed.

That's why I got a 980Ti, lmao. 

Pascal is designed and marketed at 8K gaming, HBM is useless at 4K.

Still don't understand why AMD went full retard on this card, never go full retard again AMD. Wonder what they do next year....

a6j1ZCV.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The same 4K resolution. OMG can't belive you ask this lol...

Most gamers aren't even on 1080p yet alone 4k. 1440p is the best all around resolution you can get. End of discussion.

Don't even know why you people are arguing when the Nano obviously can't play above 30fps at 4k. Get over it... Freaking fanboys now a days will find the ABOSLUTE stupidest possible thing to complain or argue about.

Most gamers aren't even on 1080p yet alone 4k. 1440p is the best all around resolution you can get. End of discussion.

Don't even know why you people are arguing when the Nano obviously can't play above 30fps at 4k. Get over it... Freaking fanboys now a days will find the ABOSLUTE stupidest possible thing to complain or argue about.

So then who is the Nano for? All reviews seem to have a problem answering that question so far.

"I don't care about performance, I care about the size. But I don't want a 970 mini even when it's less then half the price. Derrrppppppppp

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Not to mention the Fury X will not have a great lifespan because of the watercooling. But if AMD seriously decided to go for watercooling their reference card,

something is definitely NOT good. And now it seems the Fury X already gets its ass wiped by the traditional GDDR5 GTX980Ti!

The fun thing, last year when the Euro was strong and Alternate webstore sold the 290 and GTX780 at the same price.

The only thing that I only most care were the temps so I got the Asus DirectCU II GTX780. I really had hard times for which GPU I'll go, the 290 or 780.

I'll also get the fastest GPU next year.

wat. Did you see the 4k benchmarks? Fury X beats the 980Ti in most games or is on par it. I seen one game, Crysis 3 where the .fury x lost.

And I work at a big electronic store now and can tell you that our warehouse is filled with 80% 4K Tv's and 20% 1080P TV's. Sad I'm not allowed to take pictures because of security reasons :(

I feel bad for anyone who games on a TV some of the FASTEST TVs are in the 40-50ms when my SLOW LG 34UM95 is 24ms, and my cheapo 27" 1440p monitor is around 10-15ms

EDIT: LOL pascal cant do 8K unless it can get 240FPS at 4K. if it can do that then that is some kind of god card.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

So then who is the Nano for? All reviews seem to have a problem answering that question so far.

"I don't care about performance, I care about the size. But I don't want a 970 mini." Derppppppppp

The market is for anyone who wants the most possible power in a smallest possible area. Some college students are VERY VERY limited to space. Some of them have to use laptops because a PC isn't an option. Anyone in small apartments. The market is different and people obviously don't like different. It's gonna sell, not to people who want full or mid tower cases ect ect but to those who want micro or mini ITX.

I feel bad for anyone who games on a TV some of the FASTEST TVs are in the 40-50ms when my SLOW LG 34UM95 is 24ms, and my cheapo 27" 1440p monitor is around 10-15ms

I feel bad for you because I game on the world fastest monitor and one one of those so called "slow TV's" you name without a problem. :)

Except the difference from 144hz to 60hz which is huge, but then again I only play games that don't need more then 60hz like Witcher 3 on my TV.

C8XaIVZ.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Response rime is all a marketing scheme. Everyone measures it differently. That's why some 15ms are faster then 2ms.

"I don't care about performance, I care about the size. But I don't want a 970 mini even when it's less then half the price. Derrrppppppppp

So the size DOES matter. Perhaps, the Nano is made for short people? :/

Either way, that shitty little thing is way too fucking overpriced and if all reviews even seem to have a problem answering that question,

then what the fuck was Lisa Su thinking??????? She really really sucks as a CEO and needs to replaced asap!

Otherwise she will announce Arctic Islands GPU's are for people living in north pole.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

EDIT: LOL pascal cant do 8K unless it can get 240FPS at 4K. if it can do that then that is some kind of god card.

Two 980Ti's get high 20's at 8K, so two Pascal cards can atleast do 40. If you disable Hairworks and maybe some shadows and foliage you get locked 60FPS at 8K.

iwSzVbT.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Response rime is all a marketing scheme. Everyone measures it differently. That's why some 15ms are faster then 2ms.

I am talking about test input lag not response time. the time it take for a frame to be shown after the GPU has sent it. a TV is like 2-4 frames behind my screen it like 2, and my cheepo is about 1 frame behind.

EDIT: I though you meant at 60 with max settings on demanding games. but I also doubt pascal is a 2x improvement, maybe 1.5

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc