Something funny I noticed.

joelthezombie15

So lets get this straight, this a large generalization im not saying everyone is like this so dont be offended :P

So, you know how the majority of PC gamers say that controllers are bad and all this? well I noticed that the majority of people that want/like Nvidia shield are PC guys. so I know there are those reasons to be excited for shield and everything it just made me laugh that these people who hate controllers are going crazy over a controller with a screen on it. 

Anyone else think it kind of funny?

Any way that was just something i thought was funny, feel free to converse over it and all that jazz :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I feel I sit very awkwardly when I use a controller but with a kb and mouse I have to sit up straight -_-

Desktop:  Cpu:                     3570K @ 4.2Ghz                    Graphics:          Windforce GTX 970             PSU: 1000 Watt EVGA             

Motherboard:       MSI GD55 Z77                        SSD:                 120gb patriot pyro se          KB:    K70 RGB                                     

Ram:                    8gb 2133MHz G skill               HDD:                 4 Tb                                    Mouse: M65 RGB                                                  

There are very certain games that controllers feel better for, racing and rpg games are the main ones that I've noticed.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

It's good for racing games and the like which really need a controller or steering wheel etc.

There are very certain games that controllers feel better for, racing and rpg games are the main ones that I've noticed.

I dont know about all RPGs but some yes.

Also hack and slash and fighter games are much better with controller. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I like controllers for games like Assassin's Creed, Batman, Fifa or any Racing Game. Other than that it's mouse and keyboard.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Controllers are bad for FPS games...but for racing games or rpgs controllers are great!

Afaik, PC Gamers aren't against controllers, they're against consoles. Controllers have their benefits for certain types of games, as well as drawbacks for other types. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Afaik, PC Gamers aren't against controllers, they're against consoles. Controllers have their benefits for certain types of games, as well as drawbacks for other types. 

Well why is it that PC gamers use the excuse that keyboard and mouse are so much better? I have a feeling most of them dislike controllers.

I was a console player since the launch of the Xbox 360 up until recently when I built my PC. Since then it's been cheap Steam games all the way, BUT I have continued to use my Xbox controllers. Why? Because whenever I go to use my keyboard mouse for game play within a few seconds my hands start to hurt. I just cannot handle the position for WSAD. Many years back before my Xbox 360 I was happy playing keyboard / mouse on PC but not now. Maybe it's just because I am older but I am happy and comfortable to continue using my controller. And the Xbox 360 controller is so comfortable; such a great design.

I haven't seen many people say controllers are bad, I know many that use an controller with their PCs. I find controllers work pretty well with many games but I'll always prefer keyboard and mouse.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I use controllers exclusively for 3rd person shooters and racing games which I never play :P

I use controllers on Racing games and some Sports games and some 3rd Person games like GTA. other than that mouse on FPS and other types of game.

...i feel awkward using a keyboard and mouse to game...

oh crap i revealed myself as a console gamer * runs*

I Like Racing games So i'd Pay some money for a gameport to get My old steering Wheel working. But I also Like controllers for Racing games, and Dark souls ofc. And I recently played GTA SA and I really liked using kb and mouse, I could just shoot everyone in the head and ohko them

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Mouse and Keyboard has its advantages over a controller and vice versa. 

Controllers are great for racing games, RPG's, side scrollers and some arcade games. 

Mouse and Keyboard is better for FPS and Third-Person Shooters where reflex, accuracy, precision, sensitivity and responsiveness is key.  

I am playing Far Cry 3 on my logitech F310 gamepad cos I can't afford good mouse and keyboard. :P

I don't see the reason to not have both =/ 

Some games, like fighting or indie side-scroller RPG, play better with the controller and FPS and some other genres play better with keyboard and mouse. 

Morale: Get both and don't give a rat's ass about which is better. 

i don't even know if the shield is available here. i have no intention to get one. well, if we get rich maybe. haha. i don't think consoles are bad. well, if every game was on PC then i don't see a point of getting a console but ya know. exclusives.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

i dont want the shield thing i just think its useless if i want to game i will just grab my laptop 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

• 4 weeks later...

WASD is for me the worst control system ever. Why can't you have a mouse in one hand and an analogue pad in the other for movement?

While I'm on that high horse, silent pc snobs, why go to the bother when you then add a pair of headphones the size of pillows and a mechanical keyboard that sounds like Frankenstein's monster walking on a carpet of nachos?

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.