UltraWide Festival 2015

They have said on twitter no to shorter (38etc.) second videos. They seem very much set on 30 or less, I highly recommend choosing the other two as your inspiration (They don't seem to have a time limit.) Or make a 30 or less Speed version.

Well, the thing is that you can select 2 persons or "inspirors" so that's what i'm going to do.

Thank you for you advice. what i have done is added a warning to the video on the beginning(you really cant miss that) that sais that if they think about refusing the video, they can skip to this timestamp and watch however long they want to.

Big thanks for all the shows and here is my submission direct from Portugal ;)

#UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

Hey guys for some reason on phone my video says its 31 seconds long.. should i shorten it? (on pc it says that its 30 secs)

How bad is it if your video is over 30 seconds?

My video is quite long, and has alot to it.(the length of the video does not give it bad quality)

So let me be honest: it's about 7 minutes. And it's not just a setupguide. it's an accual "creative" video with alot of played things, special effects and i spend almoast all of my time i had into it.

If the video is going to be completely denied because of this. i can pick out one part of it(my favorite). and get a video with that only takes 1:50.

Does any linusmediacompany even react to such a post deeply burried in here? maybe?

Yeah, I had to cut mine from 36 to 30 seconds, It sucks knowing that comedic timing is thrown completely off but you just gotta hack away at it. But he did say max of 30 seconds so if mine was even 3 seconds over the limit that would be 10% longer than everybodies who did comply and hacked away at from there original idea to meet the criteria and that's kindof unfair.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Yeah, I had to cut mine from 36 to 30 seconds, It sucks knowing that comedic timing is thrown completely off but you just gotta hack away at it. But he did say max of 30 seconds so if mine was even 3 seconds over the limit that would be 10% longer than everybodies who did comply and hacked away at from there original idea to meet the criteria and that's kindof unfair.

@RainColt Is it that strict? Drakeblade said that linus tweeted something saying a video that is a few seconds over time should not be shortened. i'm with a real problem because i only got to read the rules on the forum after i read EVERYTHING on the website and accually made the video.

still if he is strict would that mean that .6 seconds over the limit is bad? because like i said before for some reason it says 30 seconds on pc and 31 seconds on phone..

Hello....my name is dadank, photographer from indonesia...

This is my submission for the Ultrawide Festival 2015

Enjoy...  :)

still if he is strict would that mean that .6 seconds over the limit is bad? because like i said before for some reason it says 30 seconds on pc and 31 seconds on phone..

Don't stress too much mine also shows up as 31 seconds on some devices, I highly doubt Linus will be uptight about how youtube's player rounds numbers compared to other software, but I think if it was anything more than 31 he might reject it on principle alone.

What if i would split up the video, and send one to every youtuber, whould that be legit?

What if i would split up the video, and send one to every youtuber, whould that be legit?

impossible, it needs your adress

Hey guys for some reason on phone my video says its 31 seconds long.. should i shorten it? (on pc it says that its 30 secs)

thats because youtube counts the frames beyond 30 seconds and rounds up. you can shorten it using the editing feature in youtube.

wow theres some great submissions in the last couple days! this contest is gonna be a challenge. wishing everybody luck. crossing my fingers!

Here is my entry, unfortunately there were some rendering errors at the start, nothing I can do about it :(
I still think its pretty good though, hope you enjoy it!

[youttube]

[/youttube]

impossible, it needs your adress

https://youtu.be/qMjWoyDZEmc?t=2m6s says other wise

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 |

OS Drive: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 SSD | Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB

Here's my entry:

#UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

Also, I could not find a place to submit a link to this post on the UltraWide Festival website. It wouldn't let me put it into either link sections. Anybody have that similar problem?

You are right. but linus also said some other things in the video than on the website or the forum post. the website sais you can't make 3 video's, linuses video sais you can. The website should have said it although it's not being managed by linus himself. I completely forgot about it in the video.

But now, I made a version under 30 seconds. I took my favorite scene and shortened it(it's now way less awesome than it was first tough).

I now hope that it will go fine because i'm really sad because i had to shorten it soo much. thats why i'm going to put up a main video and an alternative shorter one.

Linus can watch the shorter one by clicking on an annotation appearing on the screen as you start the video, and because you can give more youtubers up on the LG website. I can hope that lewis will watch the full version.