Can't get port open for Teamspeak server

Hey guys. I've been trying to set up a Teamspeak 3 server recently and I'm having some trouble getting one of the ports forwarded. My router is an ASUS RT-AC68U and my computer is connected directly to that via ethernet, and the router is connected to the modem my ISP gave me. I haven't modified the firewall on my computer. Also, the firewall on my router is enabled if that information helps.

The ports I need to open are ports 9987, 10011. and 30033. Here's a screenshot of how I configured that in my router's settings: http://puu.sh/k3v4r/0c6dfc34db.png

I used http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to check my ports, and for some odd reason, ports 10011 and 30033 are open, but not 9987. I can't seem to get port 9987 to open for some reason, yet it's using the exact same settings as the other two ports. Why is this the case? Is my ISP blocking that port? I've tried various other ports around it like 9980, 9985, and 9988 and none of them work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Test it for yourself. it should be working.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

you also need to open the ports on your modem i think

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Test it for yourself. it should be working.

I can connect to the server on my computer because it's the same one I'm running. I haven't tested the actual server with anyone yet because that website I mentioned in my original post said port 9987 isn't open, and it's crucial that that port is open for Teamspeak to work. Would it be possible that that website is wrong?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I can connect to the server on my computer because it's the same one I'm running. I haven't tested the actual server with anyone yet because that website I mentioned in my original post said port 9987 isn't open, and it's crucial that that port is open for Teamspeak to work. Would it be possible that that website is wrong?

Very.

Try doing using it from your phone.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

you also need to open the ports on your modem i think

How would I do that? My modem is a Huawei MT130U.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Very.

Try doing using it from your phone.

How would I check if the port is open on my phone? I searched for a Teamspeak app on the Google Play store but it costs $2.39 CAD :\

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

How would I check if the port is open on my phone? I searched for a Teamspeak app on the Google Play store but it costs $2.39 CAD :\

that TS app is outrageously priced 

js~

Other "methods"...

and by that I mean try it on any other computer in your household of course..

How would I do that? My modem is a Huawei MT130U.

Oh that is a modem that cannot be configured since it's not also a router, in this case you should just configure your router

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Other "methods"...

and by that I mean try it on any other computer in your household of course..

I tried connecting to the server from another computer in my house already and it worked. I'm planning to use this with friends though so I'd like it if they'd be able to connect from outside my LAN.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I tried connecting to the server from another computer in my house already and it worked. I'm planning to use this with friends though so I'd like it if they'd be able to connect from outside my LAN.

Then chances are it will work for them.

Oh that is a modem that cannot be configured since it's not also a router, in this case you should just configure your router

I did - you can take a look at my original post for a screenshot.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Then chances are it will work for them.

I'll try that when I get the chance then. Thanks :)

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

ISP's usually give you a modem/router combo, meaning that you need to port forward your ISP's device too.

My native language is C++

ISP's usually give you a modem/router combo, meaning that you need to port forward your ISP's device too.

I didn't get one of those modem/router combos from my ISP. The modem they gave me is only a modem with a single ethernet jack that I run to my own router so I can get internet to all my devices.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

It sounds like you should just have a friend try Teamspeak from outside the network. Or go to a coffee shop / elsewhere with free wifi and try from there. Or tether your computer to your phone's cellular and try using that internet connection. The point is, yes the website might be wrong.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I just tried it with my friends and it worked now. Thanks for the help :D

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

In stead of entering your local IP Address, change it to your WAN ip which is the your isp ip address.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.