Android Launchers: Apex vs Nova vs Trebuchet

Hi guys, I am currently using trebuchet which cones by default with CyanogenMod. I am thinking of switching to either apex or nova if its worth it. Which of these 3 launchers is the best?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Trebuchet is just a moddable stock launcher. I prefer Nova over Apex as it is less finicky. Though all three aren't slouches.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I had Nova and it was really good, just out of curiosity, which phone do you have?

LG Optimus 4X HD, it's got a quad core processor so I'm not worried about lag

Trebuchet is just a moddable stock launcher. I prefer Nova over Apex as it is less finicky. Though all three aren't slouches.

Why do you prefer Nova?

LG Optimus 4X HD, it's got a quad core processor so I'm not worried about lag

Why do you prefer Nova?

Less finicky overall, especially with widgets and customising the launcher. (Dock columns and rows etc.)

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Less finicky overall, especially with widgets and customising the launcher. (Dock columns and rows etc.)

I see. Are there any features Apex has that Nova doesn't or vice versa?

I see. Are there any features Apex has that Nova doesn't or vice versa?

Mostly the same...only notable exception is that you have to pay for Nova Prime to hide apps, which is insidious when this feature comes with Touchwiz.

Personal Rig

i tried nova and apex and don't see too much difference between the 2. Maybe I haven't played with it too much cause I actually like the look of touchwiz :)

I also tried action launcher pro which was pretty cool.

Does anyone know why the notification pull-down is really laggy on the home screen but when I'm in apps it is completely smooth?

• 2 years later...

I personally use Nova, it has alot of features, but honestly, Apex and Nova are pretty much the same. Trebuchet doesnt have nearly as many features. but HEY, its free...