Customizing OSX Mountain Lion?

Anyone know how to do this? I want to have a custom theme, including dock ect..

Any insight would be apperciated.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

this is the reason people normally buy windows other than for games.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

i know you can do it. i have seen people do it, there is no reason you can't since its unix based.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I'm not sure about making changes to OSX's code, but if you want to change the looks of OSX, I'd start with looking at Docker. It lets you make some basic customizations to your dock and other things in OSX's appearance.

For changing folders, you can either do it manually with this method:

1. Open the image in Preview

2. Choose Edit > select all (cmd + a)

3. Choose Edit > copy (cmd + c)

4. Now open up the “Get Info†tab on the Folder or general icon you wish to change

5. Click on the Folder icon at the top left and and press cmd + v

Or buy Candybar and use the GUI to do these same changes.

Wallpaper support in OSX is good enough that you shouldn't need to use an extra program, unless you want a live wallpaper.

For better levels of customization, download Geektool from the MAS and play around with it.

If you don't mind spending some money, there's and app called iStat menus. It is by far one of the best task managers (Much better than activity monitor, and actually better than the win 8 task manager). you can customize it to show what you want on the menu bar (cpu load, ram usage, network data transfer, hard rive reads and writes, temperatures). and when you hover over each section it gives you an insane amount of detail on the section. For instance when i hover over my cpu tab, i get graphs of usage over time (1h, 24hr, and 7 days), the top 5/10 (you can set) processes, system up time, and active threads.

the sensors section is truly amazing, in the drop down it can show all 13 temp sensors, 3 voltage sensors (Vcore, Pbus, and DC in), 7 Current sensors, and the ambient light sensor.

there is much more it can do and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do.

post-7197-13667861697844_thumb.png

post-7197-13667861698429_thumb.png

post-7197-13667861697844_thumb.png

post-7197-13667861698429_thumb.png

i just purchased this app, along with some live wall papers and now my desktop is looking a lot cooler and i have a lot of really cool info. It can actually tell me how healthy the battery is in my laptop... I have only used 202 cycles in 2 years! thats pretty insane.