Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 Digital Camera (20.2MP, 3.6x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

patrick3027

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cybershot-DSC-RX100-Digital-Optical-Black/dp/B008CNMZDW

Has anyone any experience with it? Is this any good? I'm looking for a somewhat affordable camera.

Do you know good alternatives? I'll basically just use it to take some pictures of my holidays and to make pictures of houses/apartments since I work in the real estate sector.

TIA

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

RX100 is legendary, but there are like 4 revisions I have no idea which one is this.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cybershot-DSC-RX100-Digital-Optical-Black/dp/B008CNMZDW

Has anyone any experience with it? Is this any good? I'm looking for a somewhat affordable camera.

Do you know good alternatives? I'll basically just use it to take some pictures of my holidays and to make pictures of houses/apartments since I work in the real estate sector.

TIA

RX100 is legendary, but there are like 4 revisions I have no idea which one is this.

You may be looking at the gen 1 version, Sony usually uses Roman numerals to indicate them.  Only the first and second versions specify 20.2MP sensor.  III and IV are 20.1MP sensor.

It should be a pretty decent point-n-shoot camera.  Larger sensor than most, with a f/1.8 lens.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

• 2 weeks later...

At the given price there's a few other choices if you do not plan on video that is:

Fujifilm X20

Fujifilm X30

Olympus zx-2

Panasonic lx7 (ok video)