I have a question about the Asrock Extreme 4 Motherboard. Help is welcomed.

There are only two USB 2.0 ports right? If so, can the USB 3.0 ports be used for USB 2.0 devices or are they not backwards compatible? If they aren't backwards compatible then what can i do to add more USB 2.0 ports?

All USB 2.0 devices can be used with all USB 3.0 ports. Yeah you can use 3.0 devices in 2.0 ports but you wouldn't want to. There are USB PCI-E cards w/front 5.25 bay things (forgotten the word) so you can have more USB ports than you'll ever need :P

That motherboard has 6 USB ports on the back alone. So all together that board alone can support 12 USB devices of the 2.0 flavor :] (6 of the 12 can support 3.0)

All USB 2.0 devices can be used with all USB 3.0 ports. Yeah you can use 3.0 devices in 2.0 ports but you wouldn't want to. There are USB PCI-E cards w/front 5.25 bay things (forgotten the word) so you can have more USB ports than you'll ever need :P That motherboard has 6 USB ports on the back alone. So all together that board alone can support 12 USB devices of the 2.0 flavor :] (6 of the 12 can support 3.0)

Alright Thanks

Yes 3.0 is backwards compatibe.....and you defenitely wont be short of usb ports...it is a great motherboard for its price.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16