My Windows 10 slowly dying?

Helly

So i'm having some trouble with windows 10 here. Kinda feels like it's slowly dying and is just gonna stop working entirely 1 day...

Let me start by saying i am using a legal windows 10 pro that was updated from an entirely legal windows 7 pro (i bought it.... not online, in a shop. I have the actual legal DVD). So don't tell me to buy it legally....

This is actually the second time i've updated from windows 7. The first time everything seemed to work just fine, like it did before today. Then out of nowhere, programs stopped working. Like MSI afterburner will not start. It will show up in the task manager as running, but i got no way of accessing it and my OC's on my GPU's aren't being applied, so its not working. After that programs stop being able to be installed. I tried running the updated arkham knight today, but as i haven't started it since i've reinstalled windows 7 and updated it to windows 10 it needed to do first time setup crap. It just sits there trying to do step 1 and NEVER continuing. I've waited over 30 mins for it but nothing happened.

After trying to manually install the crap the game needs, i found out its VC++ 2012 redist that needs to be installed (it already is btw.) When i run the file it asks to uninstalled or repaired. Doesn't matter which i choose it just hangs after i choose.... forever. Tried both options for over 30 mins and nothing happens. I googled for this problem and found out it has something to do with the automatic windows updates, which can't be turned off in windows 10. So i have no idea how to fix this or whats going on....

Found a work around by just deleting the files, game runs fine. But i don't like things not working...

So can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? I'm probably just going back to windows 7 cuz that always worked fine... but because win7 won't have dx12, so i kinda want to get win10 working properly.

In case you're going to suggest to do a clean install of win10. That's not going to work because i tried that, windows will completely refuse to activate. I ran a clean install for 2 weeks before and it didn't activate and the same things happened. Afterburner stopped working and programs didn't install anymore.

I have no signature

-snip-

Strange. I did a clean install after upgrading and activated at once, both at my desktop and laptop.

Did you tried to clean windows with their own clean function? (it basically deletes everything without having to re-install windows)

Also try out adwcleaner -jrt and remove old windows 7 drivers that may be there, after the windows upgrade

The site has changed....

i've never trusted those cleaner programs, i've had bad experiences with them. So no i have not tried it, and i won't. Don't think that will solve the problem. I'll probably try another clean install before returning to windows 7. I'm missing them FPS from my OC's now :(

still, i hope someone knows something about why this is happening

I have no signature

...In case you're going to suggest to do a clean install of win10. That's not going to work because i tried that, windows will completely refuse to activate. I ran a clean install for 2 weeks before and it didn't activate and the same things happened. Afterburner stopped working and programs didn't install anymore.

Please, define how you understand "clean install"... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

downloading the ISO, putting it on a USB drive, deleting all the partitions, recreating them and then installing windows 10 on it. Didn't know there were other definitions

I have no signature

.... Didn't know there were other definitions

In this forum you can see at least 5 other definitions, that's why I asked.. 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

I ran a clean install for 2 weeks before and it didn't activate and the same things happened.

If the same problem continued happening after a clean install, that implicates your hardware. These symptoms don't sound out of place for a failing hard disk. Can you run chkdsk?

http://windowsinstructed.com/run-chkdsk-windows/

Well windows is on an SSD, which is fine. Ran the check on all the other HDD's as well... they are fine as well. No errors found. You had me worried for a second though.

I have no signature

Ok small update here.... I did absolutely NOTHING, and today out of nowhere afterburner started working again :huh:. Still no idea what's going on...

edit: and programs are installing again... this is really weird :(

I have no signature