Nvidia "Tegra Tab" - Nvidia's Own Tablet - *UPDATE*

GoodBytes

A leaked image shows Nvidia new product, making it a rumor, as Nvidia is not commenting rumors, speculations and unannounced products.

tegra-tab.jpg

It is believed it is Nvidia reaction of Nexus 7 as Google drop the Tegra 3 chip in favor of Qualcomm.

It is believe that it will have Tegra 4 processor, which it formally introduced at this year's CES.

The Verge noticed that the tablet has a textured back similar to the Nexus tablet, rear-facing camera, micro-USB, micro-HDMI ports, and a slot for a pen.

nvidia-tegra-tab-640_large_verge_medium_

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/8/4603612/what-is-the-nvidia-tegra-tab

Update 1

Nvidia Tegra Tab 7 appears in Antutu benchmarks, reports Techkiddy:

The device which named as TegraTab7-Premium and tested in china scores more than 27000 points on Benchmarks and it is powered by Tegra 4 SoC clocked at 1.8GHz and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

Other info was revealed by leaked images:

- 5Mpx camera
- 7 inch display with 1280*736 resolution possibly

Tegra+Tab+7+Benchmarks.png

Source: http://techkiddy.blogspot.in/2013/08/nvidia-tegra-tab-7-appears-in-antutu.html#

Nvidia is struggling in the tablet market with tegra 4 so having there own tablet will get the chip at least in the market.

That is not a slot for a pen. It has metal in it. Looks like a 3,5 mm connector to me.

EDIT: Oh, the slot for pen is in the first picture, my bad :)

That is not a slot for a pen. It has metal in it. Looks like a 3,5 mm connector to me.

First picture, top left corner for the pen.

Second picture, close to the power button, is the 3.5mm connector.... at least that is what I think they saw and analyze.

First picture, top left corner for the pen.

Second picture, close to the power button, is the 3.5mm connector.... at least that is what I think they saw and analyze.

Oh, yeah, you're right.

This looks beautiful

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I quite like the look of this and I think it is a good idea for Nvidia to put their own tablet out there. 

Awesome nobody cares about the pc market anymore :( First it was Intel moving towards mobile devices as if desktops were somehow not as good as mobile devices. And now it's Nvidia as well... Hopefully they won't send tweets that mock desktops like Intel did.

Awesome nobody cares about the pc market anymore :( First it was Intel moving towards mobile devices as if desktops were somehow not as good as mobile devices. And now it's Nvidia as well... Hopefully they won't send tweets that mock desktops like Intel did.

Enthusiast hardware sales are on the up, so you have nothing to worry about with Nvidia. 

its the price thats worrying me_otherwise am sure tegra 4 chip is expensive we wud have seen other company's using it already_its no wpnder google droped it

its the price thats worrying me_otherwise am sure tegra 4 chip is expensive we wud have seen other company's using it already_its no wpnder google droped it

Google dropped it because of supply issues not because of the price.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

This looks like it is pretty rugged. But the style on this looks pretty ugly imo. As long as it performs good, I could probably put a case on it to hide the back.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'll have to keep an eye on this...seems like an interesting little project they're working on. 

COMIC SANS

9 months from conception to concept alone, is waayyyyy too long. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

well i sure hope prices are lower than similar products because they built the hardware themselves.  ^_^

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I really hope they start sales internationally really quick and price it somewhat evenly. The Nexus 7 started retailing in India only after 4-6 months after its US launch and was at a price of 400USD. If Nvidia does not make the same mistake, they will sell like hotcakes.

PC in Profile

I would prefer to see Nvidia stick with making GPU's. I really don't want them to loose sight of what they are.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I would prefer to see Nvidia stick with making GPU's. I really don't want them to loose sight of what they are.

Tegra 5 and up, will have actual GeForce GPUs in them. Tegra 5 will have Kepler. And over time, they'll probably be more in sync with the release of new GPUs architecture that they release for desktop, much like laptops.

Google dropped it because of supply issues not because of the price.

yeah but dont you think tegra 4 is still expensive chip at the moment to fit in the nexus 7 price range???

yeah but dont you think tegra 4 is still expensive chip at the moment to fit in the nexus 7 price range???

Maybe. I don't know the price, I just know Asus originally dropped it because of supply issues.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife