[updated] The Tech Report won't receive a R9 Fury Nano for review

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

I'll reach out to Scott and see if he wants to borrow ours.

All I can see is the arrogance of tech report...Who they think they are that AMD is obligated to give them sample? Did they signed any deal or contract with AMD?

Being used to getting samples doesn't mean they are guaranteed to have it forever.

A good review can bring hundreds of sales from consumer that's for sure. But it is not reflected on the financial report submitted to the decision makers in a large corporation. I can totally imagine an executive in AMD ordered to cut cost in PR and reserve the product for consumers, and the PR has to give up some reviewers.

A mature act would be to ask for a loan from other reviewers privately and do their fair review, not announcing to the public how disappointed they are.  You may say it's the freedom of journalism to report the fact, yes it is. But doing so they should list all the other samples they received or got rejected, not just one product from one company. Keep ranting about AMD not giving them a card is badmouthing, because amd is not doing wrong.

I'm surprised how few people seem to share this point of view. AMD has no obligation to give away free cards, same for Nvidia, which in case people forgot didn't even give anyway any of their Titan Z cards to any reviewers whatsoever, unlike AMD which is still giving some away.

And I also agree the tech sites are making themselves look even worse by acting like spoiled kids just because they didn't get an extremely production limited card for free to test.

I'm surprised how few people seem to share this point of view. AMD has no obligation to give away free cards, same for Nvidia, which in case people forgot didn't even give anyway any of their Titan Z cards to any reviewers whatsoever, unlike AMD which is still giving some away.

And I also agree the tech sites are making themselves look even worse by acting like spoiled kids just because they didn't get an extremely production limited card for free to test.

AMD has EVERY obligation to give review samples.  If a game had no review codes sent out, would you trust the game?  No.  But while this is no where near the level of "Yea, we're not giving review codes of our AAA game that will run like shit", to say someone has NO OBLIGATION to give journalists early access for consumers to make a conscious decision is completely asinine, and shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

And "Production limited"?  AMD has already SAID that's not the reason for not sending samples.

AMD has EVERY obligation to give review samples.  If a game had no review codes sent out, would you trust the game?  No.  But while this is no where near the level of "Yea, we're not giving review codes of our AAA game that will run like shit", to say someone has NO OBLIGATION to give journalists early access for consumers to make a conscious decision is completely asinine, and shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

And "Production limited"?  AMD has already SAID that's not the reason for not sending samples.

AMD has zero obligation to do anything with reviewers. Honestly, I'd prefer no one got any review samples directly from AMD/NVidia, but from the third party vendors instead (Like ASUS, MSI, etc.). Would probably render this entire problem void.

If AMD feels their hardware is being treated unfairly, biased or the reviews use very biased games, then I get why they don't want to waste time and money on sending hardware to them. Is that fair? Well that is up to us the consumers to evaluate on a case by case basis.

As for games, it costs literally nothing to send out a review code. Sending out a physical piece of hardware does in fact cost money.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

AMD is not giving away anything to anyone!

the review samples have to return to AMD after the reviewers are done with them

AMD has every obligation to supply as many outlets as possible - otherwise, they do not have any right to claim "fair" reviews

do you think TPU, HardOCP, The Tech Report and others won't make a Nano review because AMD hasn't sampled one to them? oh boy ... you're gravely mistaken

AMD are being scum, yet again .. I guess people have short memories after a very similar thing happened with Fury X launch: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/385750-amd-did-not-send-review-samples-of-upcoming-series-to-hardware-reviewers-like-ltt-in-time-for-the-16th-reveal/

AMD has EVERY obligation to give review samples.

AMD has every obligation to supply as many outlets as possible

AMD does not have an "obligation" to give reviewers samples, unless if they signed a contract saying they needed to. Seriously, these reviewers have a pretty poor attitude thinking they "deserve" cards, AMD(or Nvidia, or Intel, or any other company for that matter) doesn't "have to" give them shit.

AMD does not have an "obligation" to give reviewers samples, unless if they signed a contract saying they needed to. Seriously, these reviewers have a pretty poor attitude thinking they "deserve" cards, AMD(or Nvidia, or Intel, or any other company for that matter) doesn't "have to" give them shit.

then don't sample anything to anyone and let every outlet get their own - how's that? no ?!

no, because AMD has to stoke the egos of the members of Red Team Plus

AMD is actively skewing readers perception by giving review samples to outlets who they think will most likely give them a glowing review - so people would pre-order and buy the darn things before the rest of the media outlets finish their reviews

simply, AMD is afraid of the truth - otherwise they would not be fishing for "fair" reviews

Meh... theyre butthurt because theyre not getting a review sample and wont be able to nda launch their review.

Sure it sucks, but every tech company has done it from apple to nvidia.

then don't sample anything to anyone and let every outlet get their own - how's that? no ?!

Like LTT who's getting a card? Why would AMD give out a card to reviewers they feel use biased games and gives objectively unfair reviews? I documented this behaviour on page 5, why don't you answer that post?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Lets say I design and build a graphics card(and form a company): If I send it to Linus to review, great he can review it, but does this mean I have to send review samples to every review outlet? No, I'm not forced to do shit, nor is AMD or any other company for that matter. Does it kind of suck that AMD is doing this? Yeah, it kind of does. Does it suck that reviewers are making a big deal out of something that isn't an issue? Yeah, it does suck that they are fist deep in their ego and need to call out companies because they feel so "entitled" to receiving free shit.

Now, I don't know why AMD is doing this and quite frankly neither do you or anybody on this forum(we can make assumptions and hear reports, but unless you are from AMD you don't know), but what I do know is some of these reviewers are acting like children and making an issue out of something that isn't an issue. I'm going to call out Kyle Bennett from HardOCP, since he's really being an ass about the situation. First off, AMD released stuff to reviewers to do a "paper launch" which HardOCP received and reported on, so that's already better than what you and I received from AMD. Second, in the email sent to him and he posted "AMD has not yet issued any samples of the card." so maybe he should learn to read. Finally, he even hung up on a call regarding the Nano, which is immature and would have pissed me off if I was AMD, so given how he has been an ungrateful screwball throughout all of this I'm not surprised he didn't receive a sample. I know other reviewers have different stories so I'm only saying this for Kyle. 

you forget the part where the Corporate Vice President Alliances went on twitter and claimed "fair" reviews - then, you are obliged to send review samples to every outlet; otherwise ...

yes, I do know why AMD is doing this, Roy Taylor was quite clear: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443057-updated-the-tech-report-wont-receive-a-r9-fury-nano-for-review/?view=findpost&p=5978992

somehow, everyone ignores the fact that this individual was employed by nVidia at the time ATi-AMD merger happened

you forget the part where the Corporate Vice President Alliances went on twitter and claimed "fair" reviews - then, you are obliged to send review samples to every outlet; otherwise ...

yes, I do know why AMD is doing this, Roy Taylor was quite clear: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443057-updated-the-tech-report-wont-receive-a-r9-fury-nano-for-review/?view=findpost&p=5978992

somehow, everyone ignores the fact that this individual was employed by nVidia at the time ATi-AMD merger happened

He did, so you mean he have to supply to EVERYONE who decides to make a review?

Obviously no. If there are issues (which quite clearly there are) with some reviewers having some kind of biases, you cut them off.

It doesn't stop the reviewers from making a review.

People in the industri often change ships, nothing uncommon, what do you mean?

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Tpu and techreport Used a couple known gameworks titles that cripple AMD hardware for benchmarks, creating a much larger gap between the fury and 980ti. AMD contacted them questioning this decision, and both sites added results without project cars (and some other gamequirks title), but kept in the original results as an f-you to AMD.

Their upset for not getting a nano may be in part because they thought they made good on their mistake, but AMD are in no way obligated to send everyone a review sample, just like sometimes linus gets Nvidia samples from aib partners and not reference models.

This is another case of 'it takes two to tango.' In this case, the "victims" fired the first volley.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

He did, so you mean he have to supply to EVERYONE who decides to make a review?

Obviously no. If there are issues (which quite clearly there are) with some reviewers having some kind of biases, you cut them off.

It doesn't stop the reviewers from making a review.

People in the industri often change ships, nothing uncommon, what do you mean?

oh please .. enlighten me on what part of TPU or The Tech Report reviews were biased, even HardOCP's

when nVidia does similar thing, everyone is up in the air calling for blood to be spilled - but when AMD does it ... we all know what happens  -_-

--

boggles the mind why such individual is still under employment at AMD .. unless his views are AMD's views, or vice-versa

oh please .. enlighten me on what part of TPU or The Tech Report reviews were biased, even HardOCP's

when nVidia does similar thing, everyone is up in the air calling for blood to be spilled - but when AMD does it ... we all know what happens  -_-

--

boggles the mind why such individual is still under employment at AMD .. unless his views are AMD's views, or vice-versa

You really want that? I don't read any of their reviews, but I doubt it would be too hard to spot..

When Nvidia does similar thing, nothing gets blown up, like now.

When AMD making statements, reviewers are going aggressive against AMD.

--

Why would that boggle your mind?

You don't think he and AMD share opinion?

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

--

Right here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443057-updated-the-tech-report-wont-receive-a-r9-fury-nano-for-review/page-5#entry5997003

You really want that? I don't read any of their reviews, but I doubt it would be too hard to spot..

oh yes, please do

as for when nVidia does it, how is that OK?! at least nVidia doesn't go publicly claiming "fair reviews"  <_<

TPU, although I quite like them, has a very biased game selection in their reviews. Especially the inclusion of Wolfenstein A new Order is problematic, as it is an OpenGL game with proprietary NVidia shaders in it. That game runs like shit, as OpenGL is a poc with broken specs. Most OpenGL AAA games will run bad on AMD, as they go out of spec and uses proprietary NVidia shaders. The end result is a very skewed weighted average fps, that will put every single AMD card below average.

Hopefully Vulkan will change OpenGL being utter useless in the future.

TPU also uses Batman Origins (which hardly needs further introduction anymore. For those out of the know:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd)

wolfenstein_1920_1080.gif

TR is doing the same by including a game like Project Cars, which we know is an NVidia biased game too:

pcars-fps.gif

I mean this is a game they use in all of their reviews, which means all AMD cards will be portrayed as bad. So much so that TR even put out an article of the problem, as their own forum criticized them:

http://techreport.com/blog/28624/reconsidering-the-overall-index-in-our-radeon-r9-fury-review

I can understand reviewers feeling like they are in a minefield. But that is part of the game. The point is that NVidia sponsored titles are generally performance gimped on AMD hardware. AMD sponsored games tends to be performance optimized for all cards (Tomb Raider for instance, where even TressFX will run efficient and optimized on NVidia hardware). What reviewers choose to include has consequences.

Quoted for truth.

A different kind of bias may surface next year with Pascal and Greenland, depending on the ratio of dx11 and dx12 games that are benched. By that time there should be at least a couple dozen dx12 implementations, so it will be interesting to see how that is handled in benchmarks.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Quoted for truth.

A different kind of bias may surface next year with Pascal and Greenland, depending on the ratio of dx11 and dx12 games that are benched. By that time there should be at least a couple dozen dx12 implementations, so it will be interesting to see how that is handled in benchmarks.

Yeah but DX12 is still a vendor neutral API. If NVidia just sucks at DX12, so what? AMD's drivers kinda suck at DX11, so that would be the same. The issue is whether the games are made specifically for one vendor. But I will give you this: If most game engines are optimized for GCN on the consoles with async shaders and so on, then yeah there might be an issue. That that would be systemic. This is about individual games being biased, and reviewers using said games.

Yeah but DX12 is still a vendor neutral API. If NVidia just sucks at DX12, so what? AMD's drivers kinda suck at DX11, so that would be the same. The issue is whether the games are made specifically for one vendor. But I will give you this: If most game engines are optimized for GCN on the consoles with async shaders and so on, then yeah there might be an issue. That that would be systemic. This is about individual games being biased, and reviewers using said games.

Yeah i wasn't trying to make any point in my last post, It just occurred to me that the Greenland and Pascal will likely be launched in the thick of DX12, and it would be bizarre to see a bunch of dx11 benchmarks.

Yeah i wasn't trying to make any point in my last post, It just occurred to me that the Greenland and Pascal will likely be launched in the thick of DX12, and it would be bizarre to see a bunch of dx11 benchmarks.

Indeed. I still presume that Pascal will have better async support, but there is a long time until we know. What we do know is that there will be plenty of AAA DX12 games out by the time those cards hit.

Just my own two cents to the whole topic of "not choosing fair games to benchmark".

I guess most people, that look for benchmarking results to compare graphics cards, don't want to know, which card "potentially" is the more advanced, more powerful card!

I guess people want to know, which card can push more fps in games, that they will be playing, and such games happen to be The Witcher 3, Project Cars and so on, which run

better on Nvidia cards, for whatever reason.

So I would argue, that the choice of games does not necessarily make a review fair or unfair!

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

I have seen a few people here and there saying AMD cards are trash and just make up stuff I really doubt a R9 390 gets less FPS than a 960 unless it was in Linux lol :P (also Dyinglight is broken and does not count as a game...)

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

Look at the server market: CPU's are only there to feed GPU's now. And look at the survey on the last WAN show: No one seems to give a shit about ATI. Sure they were provocative statments, but he got a point. Even though it's 7 years old. Also why bring up 7 year old quotes on te tech business?

looks like Roy Tailor deleted his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/statuses/639930842727497728

No wonder with all the smear going on lately.