AMD VS INTEL IN COST PER FRAME RATE (LOTS OF DATA)

@i_build_nanosuits linked the 4160, not the 4130. The clock increase makes quite a difference in minimum frames with the i3 chips. You posted two videos about the wrong chip. -_-

i judged her sources so sketchy and at the same time so unrepresentative of real world performance (passmark..come on!...check passmark single-threaded CPU results @Nena360) i didn't even bothered formulating a response...at this point it's no longer even worth it but thanks for pointing this out.

What this witcher videos show is that witcher 3 is not CPU intensive at all in this tutorial section AND they are in a GPU limited scenario.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

AMD started becoming a serious competitor for Intel with K7, they had an absolute golden age with K8 where they beat Intel into the dust in every conceivable way, they were very competitive with K10, and Kaveri is still very competitive at the low end.

This then, is the key: Always name your microarchitectures in such a way that those names start with K, and for crying out loud, avoid earth moving equipment. :P

and if you plan to make a product that is aimed at future performance (ref. their GPUs w/dx12).... then at least keep up while doing so. Dont lag behind

Great list, but I immediately noticed that the 4790 beat the 4790k... which means the 4790k wasn't overclocked at all... 

The "k" versions need to be overclocked to at least a reasonable degree to show value. For example, 4790k@4.7 turbo or such.

860K = FX-4300

FX-4300 > Pentium

FX-6300 = i3

FX-9590 < i5

Also, about this topic...it's just plain wrong on so many levels...you don't buy into a platform for gaming thinking FPS per dollar and forget about everything that must surround it (ex. motherboards/overclocking ready hardware/aftermarket CPU cooling etc. as mentionned already, cost of the CPU alone won't mean much quite often) and more often than not when it comes to gaming the CPU will have the most impact on SMOOTNESS OF ANIMATION and STUTTER FREE animation and not necesseraly on FPS...average FPS on top of that...those only highlight a very small fraction of what's going on...what about minimum FPS? average frametime variance? 99th percentile latency etc.

I was just looking at this.

I can see that the FX6300 DOES dip down at some points. But I'm really not fully convinced that it's worth double the price yet haha, sorry :lol:

The cooler isn't for overclocking as mentioned, it's just because the stock amd cooler sucks, and it's really loud.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

The archetecture does not limit OC on steamroller.It is the material or manufacturing process the had to use to fit 2.41 billion transisters on a chip. Forget the name of it.It was in one of the reviews. We have never seen a pure steamroller, just a neutered Kaveri.

Software lags hardware by a decade or so. That was true when we had the first Pentium and were still waiting on a 32 bit OS and worried about legacy programs. Also PC gaming is still newly resuscitated, Was only a few years ago I got laughed at the local GameStop when I asked about PC games. Also game development takes 4 years. @ years ago some game developers where polled about the I5 or the 8350 for futureproofing at Eurogamer. I take what software people say seriously.

On fps per dollar or bang for buck many times local sales trump allot. See a hot deal on AMD or intel JUMP on it. I would not touch a two core cpu with a ten foot pole, with or without hyperthreading, 4 cores minimum IMHO. As game developers get better at writing games for jaguar you will see the 8 core CPU's destroy the 4 core ones. No longer will games be written for VLIW and ported to x86 as an afterthought

Frankly just buy what you want and can afford. When I first played Crysis 3 on my barefoot apu I was like "wow.....it handles Crysis 3!" Later I was disappointed cause Crysis 3 won't let me shoot the annoying guy helping me. I like to shoot everybody:).   

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Ehm sorry but i dont know what you are trying to say here?

its still a matter of silicon luck.

yes. Silicon luck is one thing. But the architecture. To achieve that increased IPC, AMD had to sacrifice something, and that was overclocking headroom. The steamroller architecture simply do not OC that well and simply do not get GOOD RETURNS from OCing...

There was tests with old Piledriver FM2+ APUs vs NEW FM2+ APUs

Guys, I won't be overclocking, AT ALL, so this is pointless xD

I can see that the FX6300 DOES dip down at some points. But I'm really not fully convinced that it's worth double the price yet haha, sorry :lol:

you kidding me right? the i5 is consistently outputing better framerates and this is with a GTX770...that goes to show that the FX-6300 is already a bottleneck to even a GTX770...what do you think would happen if you where to run a stronger graphics card? what about future GPU upgrade for this rig? nada.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

@PCPartPickerPro9171787

generally great post. BUT

you do not always use the same GPU... meaning the cost of the system is then imbalanced... Sure not all CPUs can reach a certain FPS with that specific GPU. But in those cases, they should be left out, due to not making it..

It simply makes no sense, like one of them when you added a 980 to a 860k.... WHY? that GPU cost like nearly twice that of the other GPUs used in the test.. Of course the price to performance would be worse.... Either use the same GPU, everywhere. or use 2-3 GPUs..

High 980

mid 280x

low 750Ti

cut out the crap with some 260Xs, 280s, some 770s, some 290Xs.... it just causes imbalanced charts that are not representative of actual cost to performance.

I do not care if intel or AMD or Nvidia gives you the best result. but these results arent even GOOD. they are all over the place and not representative, nor comparable.

the point of a test is consistency, consistency, consistency and the ability to replicate the results by another party....

this test as a whole is bullshit. it has too many variables, from games to GPU brand to CPU brand and how you mix those three.... it proves or disproves nothing. It is but a mere pointer...

I don't think you understand what is going on with the charts, or the methods I used to come to my conclusions. No offence

@i_build_nanosuits linked the 4160, not the 4130. The clock increase makes quite a difference in minimum frames with the i3 chips. You posted two videos about the wrong chip. -_-

lol that 200mhz diffrence on just 2 cores isnt going to make any significant diffrence.

with a midrange gpu like a 960.

They perform the same:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-4300-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-860K/2879vs3265

both are rated as being ''Very Poor''

end of discussion.

Steamroller definitely is an improvement over vishera architectual based.

but in the real world its not realy something to get excited about.

Would have been nice if AMD made a 8 core chip based on steamroller.

But still they fall behind intels per core performance obviously.

So they dont botter.

But ZEN might be promissing.

L1-Cache.png

L2-Cache1.png

DIEP1.png

AMD-FPU.png

I don't think you understand what is going on with the charts, or the methods I used to come to my conclusions. No offence

Listen.

The whole deal with a benchmark, of any sort, is for others to have a chance to replicate the results, easily.

I know that you did your best to AVOID a GPU bottleneck where you simply do not want it.. you are looking to have 100% CPU bottleneck all the time.

problem with that aproach is that you also make the whole test hard or impossible for others without some 10 different GPUs lying around, to replicate. Your results is exceedingly hard to reproduce.

If we cannot easily reproduce, we cannot verify.

There is also the cost of your setups. They vary too much to be realistic.

If you want to verify in cost vs performance. Then you should either select a certin GPU for a certain FPS range, then just black out CPUs that cannot do it. Instead, you add CPU and GPu combos that is way too expensive, in several cases you should know when to stop. Back to my former example of a 860k + 980 combo... the 860k cannot feed that GPU data at all, it will bottleneck.

Some of the i3 combos also just cost way too much to make sense. At some point, one must just look at ones tests and just see that this wont work...

You do not go buy a ridiculously expensive GPU, and a 70 dollar CPU... you always look at some balance between the two... This is common knowledge.

Unfortunatly, your results are too broken up, fragmented. They do not represent actual builds or potential builds, and several important GPU combinations were left out.

Why no GTX 970? it is a hugely popular and widely used GPU.

Why no HD 7970 GHz? Sure its basically a 280X, but then again, drivers DO make a difference.

One the CPU side.

Why no FX 6300? If anything, it is one of those FXs that actually make sense to buy.

Why no Phenom IIs? The GTX 770 was in sale during the time you could still buy Phenom IIs. A lot of people still rock their X4 or X6 unlocked Phenoms, which are decent CPUs, even today.

Then there is the wildcard of OC.

Some things simply make a lot more sense if you OC it, but OC costs more due to cooling. How do you plan do account for that?

I do not dispute your results as is.

I dispute the test and how you laid it out in the first place. It is simply too fragmented, and DO lack quite a bit of logic behind it. In some cases, it is borderline moronically done in terms of combinations selected.

Listen.

The whole deal with a benchmark, of any sort, is for others to have a chance to replicate the results, easily.

I know that you did your best to AVOID a GPU bottleneck where you simply do not want it.. you are looking to have 100% CPU bottleneck all the time.

problem with that aproach is that you also make the whole test hard or impossible for others without some 10 different GPUs lying around, to replicate. Your results is exceedingly hard to reproduce.

If we cannot easily reproduce, we cannot verify.

There is also the cost of your setups. They vary too much to be realistic.

If you want to verify in cost vs performance. Then you should either select a certin GPU for a certain FPS range, then just black out CPUs that cannot do it. Instead, you add CPU and GPu combos that is way too expensive, in several cases you should know when to stop. Back to my former example of a 860k + 980 combo... the 860k cannot feed that GPU data at all, it will bottleneck.

Some of the i3 combos also just cost way too much to make sense. At some point, one must just look at ones tests and just see that this wont work...

You do not go buy a ridiculously expensive GPU, and a 70 dollar CPU... you always look at some balance between the two... This is common knowledge.

Unfortunatly, your results are too broken up, fragmented. They do not represent actual builds or potential builds, and several important GPU combinations were left out.

Why no GTX 970? it is a hugely popular and widely used GPU.

Why no HD 7970 GHz? Sure its basically a 280X, but then again, drivers DO make a difference.

One the CPU side.

Why no FX 6300? If anything, it is one of those FXs that actually make sense to buy.

Why no Phenom IIs? The GTX 770 was in sale during the time you could still buy Phenom IIs. A lot of people still rock their X4 or X6 unlocked Phenoms, which are decent CPUs, even today.

Then there is the wildcard of OC.

Some things simply make a lot more sense if you OC it, but OC costs more due to cooling. How do you plan do account for that?

I do not dispute your results as is.

I dispute the test and how you laid it out in the first place. It is simply too fragmented, and DO lack quite a bit of logic behind it. In some cases, it is borderline moronically done in terms of combinations selected.

So done as if he were fanboying? Because you just described everything that they do.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The highest i3 I find on Youtube is i3-4150...

Still the FX wins at stock speed so what is your excuse this time?

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

The highest i3 I find on Youtube is i3-4150...

Still the FX wins at stock speed so what is your excuse this time?

how many of these videos of all those other games on youtube you think i can link in which the little i3 flatout outperform the FX-6300 or FX-8350?!

You cherry pick the few games that run at acceptable level on AMD ancient CPU's...come on!

how many of these videos of other games on youtube you think i can link in which the little i3 flatout outperform the FX-6300 or FX-8350?!

You cherry pick the few games that run at acceptable level on AMD ancient CPU's...come on!

I posted many show me some if you find... 

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Spoiler

No...

honestly, the 860K is a much better all-rounder CPU than the G3258.

Yup 860K humiliate the Pentium! :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yup 860K humiliate the Pentium! :D

The 860K humiliates it in newer games and in streaming... and in any multithreaded workloads

The G3258 humiliates the 860K in older games, emulation, anything that needs that single core performance.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The 860K humiliates it in newer games and in streaming... and in any multithreaded workloads

The G3258 humiliates the 860K in older games, emulation, anything that needs that single core performance.

But anything can play old games...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I kinda meant more of the "shitty console port" games rather than "old" old games.

Erm wha? 860K should be able to play that! :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

But anything can play old games...

MMOs/MMORPGs is where the G3258 really makes sense (as a long term cpu). Older games and indie games -- games which make up most of the games that use <4 threads -- are usually fairly easy to run anyway. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

MMOs/MMORPGs is where the G3258 really makes sense (as a long term cpu). Older games and indie games -- games which make up most of the games that use <4 threads -- are usually fairly easy to run anyway. 

War Thunder, World of Warcraft and other MMOs I have tested all ran above 60 FPS on a FX chip and these games should run better in "theory" on a 860K...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler