Zip ties to hold up card

Kyzer

Cards got a sag to it, would it hurt at all to put zip ties through the 2 screw holes on the end and chain it to the top of the case?

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Chaining the zip ties together

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

no need to ziptie it, the card wont take damage by sagging a little.

please dont use zip ties... if you want your card to be nice and straight, use something that looks good.

please dont use zip ties... if you want your card to be nice and straight, use something that looks good.

rgb zip ties?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

thats kinda stupid

I rather have a working "ugly" card than a broken Mobo or GPU 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

thats kinda stupid

I rather have a working "ugly" card than a broken Mobo or GPU 

if the gpu's weight would break it, it wouldnt get trough testing.

the saggyness is just beauty factor, and *maybe* an issue in transport.

--

and i said "use something that looks good" i didnt say "dont do anything at all"

theres plenty of options here that'd actually be aesthetically pleasing, and probably would provide better support than zip ties.

It all depends on the situation. In my build my 980Ti HOF sags a good bit and I used a zip tie to hold the end up so its level and you don't even notice it.