Who do you think leads in the "Racing" genre?

ANIMAL_ORIGIN

I started playing Grid 2 yesterday and I'm astounded at the mechanics and the actual quality of racing.

I played Most Wanted (2012) when it came out and although I didn't like the concept much (it lacked massively in that area) the racing was decent, but I'll never play it again. I think Codemasters has been very consistent with their games save for games like Dirt Showdown which I thought was a bit of a mess. Grid 2 on the other hand is such a great game. 

So in your opinion who do you think is the best PC Racing game developer?

CRITERION GAMES

any criterion game, I love to crash and watch the car explode

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

Codemasters. F1 2012 and Dirt 3 are amazing. The only games I play besides Planetside 2 from my library of 30+ games. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I'm not sure but I can't wait for The Crew. Looks amazing.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

CRITERION GAMES

any criterion game, I love to crash and watch the car explode

IMO they have just been ruining the Need For Speed franchise on the whole..

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I remember old NFS games. I loved NFS hot pursuit 2

I don't know anyone who didn't love that game. It's such a classic! :)

I always loved when the cops were on you and I tried to get the police cars to run over what ever the helicopters dropped.

by far, Forza 4 has been the most enjoyable. if only MICROSOFT MAKER OF WINDOWS would make it for PC at high res.

oh my gosh I would cry

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

NFS - shift is best for me

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Need for Speed Most Wanted. The original...after that...things got weird for NDFSPD. Way too weird...in a bad way.

Need for Speed Most Wanted. The original...after that...things got weird for NDFSPD. Way too weird...in a bad way.

What a game. Absolutely brilliant.

I love CodeMasters, they seem to be the best IMO. I love how the cars in F1 are so precise and have tons of grip. The other side is DiRT (3) where the car slides well and your constantly fighting to navigate the dirt/snow/gravel tracks. They seem to have the black and white of every racing type. Now if we could only get a game (like Forza 5, with the indy cars and normal cars) but just for PC. (Exclusive too, there are waaaay too many sims on PC IMO, and not enough soft core sims like forza and Grandturismo)

I remember old NFS games. I loved NFS hot pursuit 2

oh this game is so classic! I still have my PS2 and this game

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Black Box ruined the franchise not Criterion

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I love CodeMasters, they seem to be the best IMO. I love how the cars in F1 are so precise and have tons of grip. The other side is DiRT (3) where the car slides well and your constantly fighting to navigate the dirt/snow/gravel tracks. They seem to have the black and white of every racing type. Now if we could only get a game (like Forza 5, with the indy cars and normal cars) but just for PC. (Exclusive too, there are waaaay too many sims on PC IMO, and not enough soft core sims like forza and Grandturismo)

I'm moving from console and GT will be missed from me

I really hope someone comes with something similar on PC

I always loved when the cops were on you and I tried to get the police cars to run over what ever the helicopters dropped.

Yeah the mechanics with cops were to just follow so every time I play, I have fun making them crash on civilian cars :)

Sorry for the spamming everyone...

Underground 2FTW

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I think most Sim racers lead in the racing genre just because on games like iRacing it's extremely clean and people play it for that. Project CARS looks very good though and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a massive following.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Granturismo 4 is my most played game and it clashs with pokemon to be the best game that ive ever played. With 600hours clocked on it(on my current save and this is my 6th playthrough) i cant help but be pissed about gt5. Im sad that i will never get to play granturismo 6, ive played forza 4 as well just as much as granturismo but i still listen GT is better and i hope those that get gt6 enjoy it. dunno how the hell they made it 1080p

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Sorry for the spamming everyone...

lol try multi-quoting next time

Yeah never paid attention to that

Thanks for the suggestion

Burnout Series is my Favorite of all.
But Criterion has to do now Need for Speed, because of EA :(

RTX2070OC