Boot up speed on SSD or HDD?

WokeUp

Whats Up guys! I bought a beast computer with a  128GB SanDisk SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive do you guys the computer will boot up faster if I put the Operating system on the SSD and not the HDD? 

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

do you have logic?

What os?

but yes SSD>HDD boot and speed 

I can do that too

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Derp. That's the point of an SSD, is making everything load faster. What had you planned on putting on it initially? Cat photos?

Yes an SSD will always be faster than a HDD.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Derp. That's the point of an SSD, is making everything load faster. What had you planned on putting on it initially? Cat photos?

Yes photos but not of cats. :ph34r:

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

SSD will boot faster, put other programs that you use often such as a web browser on the ssd too, with games of the hdd

CPU: Core i7 4790k | Mobo: Asus Z97-P | RAM: Corsair DDR3 XMS3 8GB | GPU: Gainward GTX 970 4GB |Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU: Cooler Master BII-600 | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Displays: 2x Dell U2414h | Kb: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 | Case: Corsair 450d Console: Xbox One Ext: DXRacer F-Series Red, Trust Tytan 2.1 Sub & Speakers, HyperX Cloud II, SCUF Infinity1 X1 Controller | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

f71beaed2b2a0d18a081fe28448c68ec43cc052c

SSD's have faster speeds

Yeah haha typo 

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

Whats Up guys! I bought a beast computer with a  128GB SanDisk SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive do you guys the computer will boot up faster if I put the Operating system on the SSD and not the HDD? 

Hey there MartinWake,

Booting from the SSD should be significantly faster and the system should be much more responsive. All loading times on the applications installed on the SSD should be considerably faster. I would check which apps can benefit from the faster transfer speeds and access times and leave them on the SSD and put everything else on the HDD. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/