Is installing a gpu as easy as it seems?

ZeroOnyx
Go to solution Solved by SuperJeRoT,

Yes, it is dead simple.

JUST DO IT! ;)

So, I'm planning on buying a new gpu. I've been using an integrated gpu for a bit now, and I wanted to know if I had to uninstall anything, or if I can just plug in the gpu and install the drivers. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so sorry! I remember watching a video awhile about uninstalling the current gpu drivers, but I wasn't sure if it applied also to integrated gpu 

Thanks in advance! 

Yep, it's stupid easy

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yep, just put it in and install drivers

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

It's easy. After it's physically installed, remove any old GPU drivers then download + install the latest ones for your new card.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

So, I'm planning on buying a new gpu. I've been using an integrated gpu for a bit now, and I wanted to know if I had to uninstall anything, or if I can just plug in the gpu and install the drivers. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so sorry! I remember watching a video awhile about uninstalling the current gpu drivers, but I wasn't sure if it applied also to integrated gpu 

Thanks in advance!

As said above it is really easy and a great thing to do if you want better performance, speaking about performance, wouldn't you love a performing notification tab? All you have to do is follow your topic :)

One of my rookie mystakes was that I didn't know where to put the long backside part, it fits between the motherboard and casepanel:
600.png

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yes.

Eezy peezy! :P

Just put it in the slot, Then tighten the screws.

Download latest drivers from the website and then install the drivers.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

people seem to make it sound like a much easier process than it actually is!! its actually incredibly difficult!!  i didnt know this when i first did it, and its a key step, apparently you have to take the entire side panel off!!! /s

no really its stupid easy, just like sex, put it in the slot and push until it clicks(if you hear a clicking during sex though, you might have broken something and should go to a dr). 

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

people seem to make it sound like a much easier process than it actually is!! its actually incredibly difficult!!  i didnt know this when i first did it, and its a key step, apparently you have to take the entire side panel off!!! /s

no really its stupid easy, just like sex, put it in the slot and push until it clicks(if you hear a clicking during sex though, you might have broken something and should go to a dr). 

Now that's a pro sex tip right there.

Now that's a pro sex tip right there.

its something i was thinking of pitching to @LinusTech and @Slick;  LinusSexTips, could be an entirely new channel. i think it has a lot of potential.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

its something i was thinking of pitching to @LinusTech and @Slick;  LinusSexTips, could be an entirely new channel. i think it has a lot of potential.

I pissed myself from just googling this (linus brazzers):

https://www.google.rs/search?q=linus+brazzers&biw=1366&bih=659&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIh6PT8prUxwIVTAUsCh3f4AK7#imgrc=lRS2Y2nWePUzVM%3A

I think they are onto something overthere. I mean, those vibrators, cock cookies and this twceFvx.jpg...

For sure we can expect LinusSexTips

For sure we can expect LinusSexTips

excellent! i cant wait!

|Specs in profile|