Run Star Citizen on Ultra

FifteenOnes

In solo swarm I'll hold in the 90-110fps range @ 1440p/max, though my pc is a touch on the overkill side.

I'd ask for proof on multiplayer with 16 players

I'd ask for proof on multiplayer with 16 players

Can't remember the last time I played multiplayer, I wanna say the m50 was brand new at the time >_>

Heard something about the cutlass being a nightmare in vs games, something about causing freezing or some such? Not really up to date on that side. 

I've got to assume 16 players is gonna hurt performance quite a bit though, hence the "solo swarm" qualifier on my part.

Can't remember the last time I played multiplayer, I wanna say the m50 was brand new at the time >_>

Heard something about the cutlass being a nightmare in vs games, something about causing freezing or some such? Not really up to date on that side.

I've got to assume 16 players is gonna hurt performance quite a bit though, hence the "solo swarm" qualifier on my part.

Yeah the sorted the cutlass bug, I think it was using a gig of memory. 16 is more enjoyable but its at about 20FPS.

Bearing its alpha I can live with that as its still enjoyable.

planetside is currently a 25 person area, citation most recent around the verse

The CPU is the issue at the moment

DX12 patch will help on that.

Considering my i7 4790k and oc'd 290 runs at 720p, low, 30fps, then you need alotta PC.

Isn't this something wrong for you specifically? Aren't other people getting much better performance?

DX12 patch will help on that.

Isn't this something wrong for you specifically? Aren't other people getting much better performance?

Nah its just unoptimised ATM, when the new damage models are released we should be ok and I'm sticking with Windows 8 anyway(edit: at least for the moment).

Nah its just unoptimised ATM, when the new damage models are released we should be ok and I'm sticking with Windows 8 anyway(edit: at least for the moment).

Well i know there are further optimizations to come but still vivilacqua1's performance seems below par for his powerful hardware.

E.g.check out below

http://youtu.be/h9CfXBP03t4

Well i know there are further optimizations to come but still vivilacqua1's performance seems below par for his powerful hardware.

E.g.check out below

http://youtu.be/h9CfXBP03t4

Yeah, that's a really outdated video, I was originally running a athlon 2 450 and a R9 270 when that video came out and that was playable.

I'm now running a 4690k with a 970 on low and that dips to 20fps. I think the peeps on X99 or heavy over clocks are the only people I know that get a stable 60fps.

Yeah, that's a really outdated video, I was originally running a athlon 2 450 and a R9 270 when that video came out and that was playable.

I'm now running a 4690k with a 970 on low and that dips to 20fps. I think the peeps on X99 or heavy over clocks are the only people I know that get a stable 60fps.

Ok. Have the graphics/complexity improved so significantly to justify that change?

Or is it a case of deoptimization?

Ok. Have the graphics/complexity improved so significantly to justify that change?

Or is it a case of deoptimization?

Complexity has definitely increased, graphics have increased as well as the different type of ships. The hornet has something like 250 meshs but they've managed to knock it down to 10 IIRC BUT the new damage model is only on a few ships. I feel like they are seeing how far they can push boundaries and TBH the I think they are more interested in server optimisation at the moment.

I'm currently having matches with my ping @ 300 and it feels like 30

Can't confirm that. Maybe it's the 970 or the fact that I'm only running at 4GHz or a combination of both but I can't keep my 45~ fps. Sometimes it just dips.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I'd love to see how it runs for me in a coop swarm / vs game for me, but honestly, I've done so little flying all in all (ie: pretty much none) that I'd be atrocious to the point of not even wanting to try currently :P