Please I need help I posted last night and not getting any help.

SgtSparks

I'm running out of solutions. I have an I7-4790k 16gb of ram and a GTX980 Ti with all drivers up to date. Last night something happened it was working fine and has been for the last 2 months. Now all of a sudden games I was getting 227fps are now getting 20 fps with spikes that go lower. I don't know what to do I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them with a clean install. Windows is recognizing the gu.

I'm running out of solutions. I have an I7-4790k 16gb of ram and a GTX980 Ti with all drivers up to date. Last night something happened it was working fine and has been for the last 2 months. Now all of a sudden games I was getting 227fps are now getting 20 fps with spikes that go lower. I don't know what to do I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them with a clean install. Windows is recognizing the gu.

maybe check graphics settings??

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

check for viruses, reinstall windows.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

@ dont forget to follow your posts so you know when somebody comments.

also, what games? it could be the game updated. and whats your cpu/gpu/ram usage while playing?

clearly SOMEthing changed, whether it was updates to the game, or windows, or drivers. or something died, that always possible

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

maybe check graphics settings??

Nothing changed running same settings 

check for viruses, reinstall windows.

I really would rather not reinstall windows it's such a hassle that's my last resort 

@SgtSparks is it some games, or all games? Have you used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before reinstalling the latest drivers? Another option may be that your GPU is downclocking to desktop mode.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

@SgtSparks dont forget to follow your posts so you know when somebody comments.

also, what games? it could be the game updated. and whats your cpu/gpu/ram usage while playing?

clearly SOMEthing changed, whether it was updates to the game, or windows, or drivers. or something died, that always possible

Csgo, skyrim etc and im getting low usage and can't see usage of gpu.

@SgtSparks is it some games, or all games? Have you used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before reinstalling the latest drivers? Another option may be that your GPU is downclocking to desktop mode.

Haven't used DDU yet should I try ?

sorry man maybe check cpu and memory and graphics usage?

Getting low everything and I can't check graphics usage.

Haven't used DDU yet should I try ?

Yup, then re-install the latest drivers.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

This happened to me too some time back. After some troubleshooting I noticed I had accidentally downclocked my GPU. Don't ask me how.

Getting low everything and I can't check graphics usage.

Why? Get MSI afterburner and check it!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

i would guess the game isnt using whats its supposed too thats just me though 

Played several games and having same issue 

Yup, then re-install the latest drivers.

Done still having issues.

This happened to me too some time back. After some troubleshooting I noticed I had accidentally downclocked my GPU. Don't ask me how.

I already checked precisionX and still having issues 

I already checked precisionX and still having issues 

and what did it say? GPU usage 100%?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

and what did it say? GPU usage 100%?

getting low usages all below 45%

cant help you more than that man...

im really sorry....

Thank You for trying

getting low usages all below 45%

Can you try setting the Power Management mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance"?

adaptive_performance.jpg

Can you try setting the Power Management mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance"?

adaptive_performance.jpg

Just tried didn't work

Have a spare hard drive?  Install Windows on it (in trial mode if necessary) and nothing else except updates and hardware drivers and a game to test it. If the issue persists, it's caused by hardware.