Mechanical keyboard spill, haven't been able to fix

Toxicable
So I stilt a drink(hot lemon juice mixed with sugar) on my Ducky Shine Zero MX Red >.> I tried cleaning it with some non flavored vodka I had on hand, few days past and my O key is still occasionally unresponsive, so I get some isopropyl alcohol and and basically fill up the switch with it ( after looking at spill guides) and work it in then dry it out but still they O key won't work every now and then, also sometimes double taps.

I have tried following spill guides but as far as I can tell what I've done should have fixed it so I am now at a loss, is there something else I should try? Or just attempt to find someone in my country (New Zealand) that sells replacement switches?

How about you broke more than the switch...

Maybe try rice

How about you broke more than the switch...

Maybe try rice

well as far as i've noticed it's mainly the O key since I often type something like "ww nice" hence the missing O

Although in saying that the spill was over more keys than just O but as above it's the only key that's still that bad

well as far as i've noticed it's mainly the O key since I often type something like "ww nice" hence the missing O

Although in saying that the spill was over more keys than just O but as above it's the only key that's still that bad

Are you sure the pin gets pushed down far enough to make contact with the circuit?

Try opening up the switch and spraying some electrical contact cleaner in it.

I've tried filing the switch up with Isopropyl alcohol

Are you sure the pin gets pushed down far enough to make contact with the circuit?

I can't be certain since I cant see inside it, but when it does stop working I can mash it a good 3-10 times all the way down and nothing and in general typing I usually push the key till it bottoms out

I can't be certain since I cant see inside it, but when it does stop working I can mash it a good 3-10 times all the way down and nothing

Seems like something is blocking it. Maybe something broke. Your best bet would be getting a replacement switch.

Seems like something is blocking it. Maybe something broke. Your best bet would be getting a replacement switch.

yeah it's looking like that, bugger, I dubt it's easy to actually find a retailer for one in my country

yeah it's looking like that, bugger, I dubt it's easy to actually find a retailer for one in my country

:( Import?

that key is seriously even more useless than a trackpoint on a laptop. Unless you use it as a backlighting toggle on DIY keyboards...

Yeah, aight my friend has a soldering Iron I think ill definitely give this a shot.

And yeah the LED is on the same circuit for both keys so no problem there

Yeah, aight my friend has a soldering Iron I think ill definitely give this a shot.

And yeah the LED is on the same circuit for both keys so no problem there

sounds good! I just use the scrolllock LED as a place to bodge in some backlighting. Makes an easy way to toggle it.

I foudn this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cherry-MX-Series-keyboard-RED-switch-for-replacement-/251551216086?hash=item3a919ef1d6, looks like find int. shipping, but im curious about the LED, do you know if it would just pop off mine and be palced onto this one? looks like there's a groove for it.

I have no clue, sorry :D