Intel SSD Toolbox Issue

Michael McAllister

With the help of my brother (I'm disabled), I recently put together a new computer. I was having issues/am starting to have issues again with Intel's SSD toolbox software. When I would run the SSD Optimizer (TRIM), my system will freeze for about 30-60 seconds and programs would open quite slowly shortly after it stopped freezing.

My initial issue was similar, but my entire system would freeze when my Dragon software (disc install) would near finishing. I would end up having to reinstall Windows because Dragon could not complete the install, so I could not uninstall the program normally.

After speaking with Intel, I installed Intel's Rapid Storage Technology Software and drivers. I was able to execute TRIM and install Dragon without issue. Then after trying to set a schedule for TRIM to execute in the software, my entire system crashed to the point of the drive not even being recognized by my motherboard. My brother had to physically disconnect the SATA cable and plug it back into the drive for Windows to be able to boot. The Intel CSR had suggested a secure erase if updating the drivers did not work, but honestly, considering I have already had to reinstall Windows about three times, I'd rather do one of two things:

1. Send the drive back to Amazon, get my money back, and just run my computer on a traditional drive.

2. Send the drive to Intel for a replacement and cross my fingers that I get a working drive.

As this is my first dance into the world of SSDs as far as using one is concerned, this experience has been unfortunate. I hope this has not warped my thoughts on SSDs in general.[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3086[/ATTACH]

My PC specifications are in my profile.