Corsair Air 240

TheCroaker

Does anyone have experience with this case, I want to get a mid range case, as I have an curved desk, and 2 monitors, my 1080p 144 hz and my 1440p monitor that i switch between for specific games, and I want to put my comp on the desk in between the 2, I don't think I will be using an AIO cpu cooler, but most likely a noctua cooler

any concerns about this case, or alternatives?

(should note, I may put a small auxillary monitor on top of it for shits and giggles, as long as it doesn't hurt airflow)

51Nm6-ZgjrL._SL1000_.jpg

Edited by TheCroaker

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

If its anywhere near as good as the Air 540 (which it probably is) then I would definitely buy it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If its anywhere near as good as the Air 540 (which it probably is) then I would definitely buy it.

.. your name appears to be swindler and you are a proud beats solo user... I am not sure if I should trust this... :P

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

.. your name appears to be swindler and you are a proud beats solo user... I am not sure if I should trust this... :P

B-but Im a trusted Air 540 user :(

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

B-but Im a trusted Air 540 user :(

I am only joking, I do appreciate it, to know someone is actually using one and happy with it, well one in the same series, quells my worries

My PC:

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Does anyone have experience with this case, I want to get a mid range case, as I have an curved desk, and 2 monitors, my 1080p 144 hz and my 1440p monitor that i switch between for specific games, and I want to put my comp on the desk in between the 2, I don't think I will be using an AIO cpu cooler, but most likely a noctua cooler

any concerns about this case, or alternatives?

(should note, I may put a small auxillary monitor on top of it for shits and giggles, as long as it doesn't hurt airflow)

-snip-

I really like the matx form factor. Had the Birfenix Prodigy M first, then i went down to ITX and the 250D and then back up to the Air 240.

I liked the Prodigy M, but it was too big for mATX.

The 250D was ITX, I know, but I wanted to try that, but wanted better OC support.

Moved back up to mATX with my setup (still ITX board, but that doesn't really matter for that) and for that I bought the Air 240. The panels are mostly plastic and wobbely. I really didn't like the flimsy metal rails the fans were mounted on. The idea of those rails is great, don't get me wrong here, but the metal was so thin. Worst fan mounting I have seen so far. Also despite being an AIR 240 you will not be able to mount big air coolers on your CPU. I did know that before, but it is still something to consider.

GPUs are a bigger issue I think. Closing the top/side panel might be difficult depending on your GPU. I have a Sapphire 290 Tri-X and the PCIe connectors already touched the window, despite the Tri-X being about as tall as a reference card. You will not be able to fit a MSI Twin Frozr in there. Kinda sad.

I also found the case to not have the best airflow in the world. Since the space between the motherboard and the side panel is not very tall you tend to create a chamber underneath your GPU where hot air might get trapped a bit. You might get around that with exhausting fans underneath the GPU.

Also in general the fans seemed to be louder, vibrations more prominent the in other cases.

Cable management on the other hand is awesome.The two actual chambers make it a blast to work in. You really cannot mess that up.

All together, it is definitely my least favorite mATX case I have layed hands on so far. Sorry.

I can only talk about the Prodigy, TJ08e, 350D and Fractal Core 1000 though. But even the Core 1000 is a case I would choose over the Air 240.

Very much about personal preference though I guess and if it was built in a more solid way and would just have a little bit more space for a tower cooler, I would be all over that.

Hope I could help a bit. This might have sounded like a bit of a rant, but I want to give you my personal and honest opinion.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

It is the smaller version of Air 540 after all, so yeah, it is as good :) 

I have one myself. Very easy to work in, cable management is a breeze. For a mATX case, very versatile, you can mount a 240 AIO cooler in the front and there's a lot of space to mount a good # of fans. The dual chamber design is great to keep your hardware nice and cool. 

I really like the matx form factor. Had the Birfenix Prodigy M first, then i went down to ITX and the 250D and then back up to the Air 240.

I liked the Prodigy M, but it was too big for mATX.

The 250D was ITX, I know, but I wanted to try that, but wanted better OC support.

Moved back up to mATX with my setup (still ITX board, but that doesn't really matter for that) and for that I bought the Air 240. The panels are mostly plastic and wobbely. I really didn't like the flimsy metal rails the fans were mounted on. The idea of those rails is great, don't get me wrong here, but the metal was so thin. Worst fan mounting I have seen so far. Also despite being an AIR 240 you will not be able to mount big air coolers on your CPU. I did know that before, but it is still something to consider.

GPUs are a bigger issue I think. Closing the top/side panel might be difficult depending on your GPU. I have a Sapphire 290 Tri-X and the PCIe connectors already touched the window, despite the Tri-X being about as tall as a reference card. You will not be able to fit a MSI Twin Frozr in there. Kinda sad.

I also found the case to not have the best airflow in the world. Since the space between the motherboard and the side panel is not very tall you tend to create a chamber underneath your GPU where hot air might get trapped a bit. You might get around that with exhausting fans underneath the GPU.

Also in general the fans seemed to be louder, vibrations more prominent the in other cases.

Cable management on the other hand is awesome.The two actual chambers make it a blast to work in. You really cannot mess that up.

All together, it is definitely my least favorite mATX case I have layed hands on so far. Sorry.

I can only talk about the Prodigy, TJ08e, 350D and Fractal Core 1000 though. But even the Core 1000 is a case I would choose over the Air 240.

Very much about personal preference though I guess and if it was built in a more solid way and would just have a little bit more space for a tower cooler, I would be all over that.

Hope I could help a bit. This might have sounded like a bit of a rant, but I want to give you my personal and honest opinion.

Thank you, I really do appreciate the info, the GPU may be an issue for me, as I have a Gigabyte 970 Windforce, and I am unsure if that is wider then a twinfrozr or not, but I would guess probably

My PC:

I'd recommend the Fractal Design Node 804 over the Air 240. Just seems like a better overall case.

Though it is bigger.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I'd recommend the Fractal Design Node 804 over the Air 240. Just seems like a better overall case.

Though it is bigger.

the question for me would be how much better is it, just because I do want to keep it as small as possible if it will be on my desk

My PC:

Not saying that is a bad case, not at all actually, but that is quite big. Though if OP is interested in expanding towards CF/SLI that would definitely be a good choice.

I really like my TJ08e, but I am sure not everybody likes that either. It is awesome!!! for overclocking the CPU. For the GPU it is good, but I have had better. Though GPU support is good. Basically any length and width fits and you have support since the HDD cage is built to support the GPU from sagging down.

It is also very much one of the more compact cases on the market.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

the question for me would be how much better is it, just because I do want to keep it as small as possible if it will be on my desk

Problem with the Air 240 is that there ain't no way you're gonna fit a Noctua cooler in there unless you get the little flat one (think its called the LN9i or something weird like that). That case is more suited to AIO coolers.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Problem with the Air 240 is that there ain't no way you're gonna fit a Noctua cooler in there unless you get the little flat one (think its called the LN9i or something weird like that). That case is more suited to AIO coolers.

I had the NH-L 12 in it. It was fine for a 4.0Ghz OC on my 2500k. But it is definitely not the most powerful thing in the world.

the NH-L 12 that Mape mentioned was the one I was looking at actually, but thank you

(also I wish I had read the do not buy anything razer thing a year ago)

My PC: