difference between high end sound cards and lower end sounds cards?

I was considering purchasing a sound card a while ago and it seems it is something that keeps sparking my interest. I'm thinking purchase one soon.so heres my question: Whats is the difference between a high end sound card(xonar stx) and a lower end sounds card(xonar dg)?

In terms of quality etc, not a whole lot. The higher end ones tend to be more powerful so they can drive more devices with higher impedance. But, like, @dylandylandylan said, feature sets. Some of them also look really awesome.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Not a lot, maybe better software, allows higher end headphones to be used. Any thing is better than on board tho.

Not a lot, maybe better software, allows higher end headphones to be used. Any thing is better than on board tho.

Not true.

Whats is the difference between a high end sound card(xonar stx) and a lower end sounds card(xonar dg)?

High end sound cards have higher specs that may or may not make a difference than cheaper sound cards. For instance, the output Signal-to-noise ratio of the STX is 124, while the DG's is "only" 105. Other than mindless specs you're pretty much just choosing between feature sets.

Not true.

Most everything is better than on board.

Gee, whatever would I do without my Hifiman He-500 headphone driver software?  I'd have to use the windows standard one, and that's just not cool!

Most everything is better than on board.

modern desktop PC onboard will usually provide a similar if not audibly indifference result from most soundcards when driving low impedance headphones. period.

That's the best result.  Even worse if the output impedance on the dedicated soundcard is too high it could bloat the bass OR the treble on your headphones depending on how they're designed.

Price isn't even important.  If your headphones aren't over 100 Ohms AND under 100 SPL(db/mW sensitivity) (There are some exceptions!), you don't need a dedicated soundcard unless it's a very poor (as in OLD) onboard.  In fact, for low impedance headphones, buying one can make things WORSE not better.

Whats is the difference between a high end sound card(xonar stx) and a lower end sounds card(xonar dg)?

-maximum volume

-inputs and outputs

-FANCY CAPS

bout it.  All the Xonars use the same damned driver even.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

what's the difference? a sum of money that varies depending on the sales and offers.  I was just saying in another thread that the last soundcard I brought was a Sound Blaster live. I loved (still do) that card. But by the time I was ready to do my next upgrade, onboard sound had come almost far enough to not warrant a soundcard. I have used an external card ever since, and not an expensive one at that.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Price.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review