Will it bottleneck?

Krait

Hello everybody,

Two days ago my EVGA GTX 560 TI SC died on me and seeing that I'm kind of broken at the moment I asked a good friend of mine to lend me his unused Pallit 780 GTX Superjetstream (6GB version). As you might have noticed, a GTX 560 TI is a little bit old as per the industry standards, and therefore the rest of my components is old aswell, and as such I'm the proud owner of an Intel i5-2500, an ASUS P8H67 motherboard and 8GB Gskill Ripjaws.

And so my question is, will my CPU bottleneck this beast of GPU? I'm talking on games such as GTA5, League of Legends, Diablo 3, Team Fortress 2 and the upcoming Phantom Pain. Bear in mind that I don't "need" to run every game maxed out, I'm happy to run them on a constant 60FPS frame-rate.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work on this awesome community!

Hello everybody,

Two days ago my EVGA GTX 560 TI SC died on me and seeing that I'm kind of broken at the moment I asked a good friend of mine to lend me his unused Pallit 780 GTX Superjetstream (6GB version). As you might have noticed, a GTX 560 TI is a little bit old as per the industry standards, and therefore the rest of my components is old aswell, and as such I'm the proud owner of an Intel i5-2500, an ASUS P8H67 motherboard and 8GB Gskill Ripjaws.

And so my question is, will my CPU bottleneck this beast of GPU? I'm talking on games such as GTA5, League of Legends, Diablo 3, Team Fortress 2 and the upcoming Phantom Pain. Bear in mind that I don't "need" to run every game maxed out, I'm happy to run them on a constant 60FPS frame-rate.

nope you cpu will not bottleneck the card

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Yes, but it should be fine, although if you were to keep that card, get a better system!

EDIT- Maby a no

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

no?   I dunno, but isn't that sandybridge? wouldn't a cpu that old bottleneck a 780?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Thanks!

Yes, but it should be fine, although if you were to keep that card, get a better system!

How hard will I notice it? And like I said above, I'm kind of short on funds right now, and to get a new system I'd have to get a whole new system + purchase this GPU from my friend. And seeing that we're discussing the subject, if I get to purchase this GPU from my friend, how long will it "last" meaning: how well will it run future games on a steady 60fps frame-rate?

Maybe but not much.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

One does not simply run Diablo 3 at constant 60 fps. You'd need a RAMDisk setup ^^

When I said constant I really meant: "acceptable frame-rate more close to 60 and if possible not going below 50-55fps" :D

no?   I dunno, but isn't that sandybridge? wouldn't a cpu that old bottleneck a 780?

2600k here, though both overclocked, the GPU bottlenecks. Which is a good sign.

You'll have no issues getting 60fps in most, if not all, games :)

Nope you will be fine.  CPUs have not really advanced much in recent years and there is not really a reason for gamers to upgrade from sandy.

When I said constant I really meant: "acceptable frame-rate more close to 60 and if possible not going below 50-55fps" :D

Well that game has some pretty subpar texture streaming. It stutters, regardless of your setup (except running it on ramdisk). So don't go expecting it will and blame your CPU if it stutters.

Well that game has some pretty subpar texture streaming. It stutters, regardless of your setup (except running it on ramdisk). So don't go expecting it will and blame your CPU if it stutters.

To be honest, and seeing that the new patch came out yesterday, I'll probably play Diablo 3 for the next week or so and then put it to rest until the next big patch. At the moment I've been playing GTA5 the most, with the usual League of Legends and TF2 matches inbetween.

EDIT- Maby a no

Maybe but not much.

Hello everybody,

so for everyone explained which cpu bottlenecks:

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

so for everyone explained which cpu bottlenecks:

Thanks, watching right now :)

Thanks, watching right now :)

so should be not bottlenecking i guess:)

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC