Black Ops III Beta free to anyone who owns Black ops II or above!

melias24

Just played this on my old 7 year old PC and it was getting around 50-60 FPS. It does play awesome on my gaming PC.

Specs of my old PC

Intel E8400

8GB RAM

EVGA 780i SLI

EVGA GTX 680

So in short this game will run on a Core 2 Duo just fine with medium settings (depending on GPU) I know it says that it requires a i3 but it will go lower.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Just played this on my old 7 year old PC and it was getting around 50-60 FPS. It does play awesome on my gaming PC.

Specs of my old PC

Intel E8400

8GB RAM

EVGA 780i SLI

EVGA GTX 680

So in short this game will run on a Core 2 Duo just fine with medium settings (depending on GPU) I know it says that it requires a i3 but it will go lower.

Just to be clear, if my E8500 at 4.2GHz made Crysis 3 a stuttering mess with my GTX 970 and GTX 650ti OC 2GB. I'd be very surprised if you didn't have the same issues with a newer game.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Using the same engine doesn't make a game a reskin.

That is not of course the only factor. There are more. Although using the same engine for 12 games is not the same as using it for 2.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just to be clear, if my E8500 at 4.2GHz made Crysis 3 a stuttering mess with my GTX 970 and GTX 650ti OC 2GB. I'd be very surprised if you didn't have the same issues with a newer game.

I did have issues before but I just recently reformatted my old PC and using an SSD. There was a studder here and there but not that bad to were I was getting frustrated. But for the most part it ran smooth and was able to get a lot of kills. Last match I played I got 1st place and scored 10 - 2.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Game is fun but the performance currently is horrible hope they fix it can't even run it maxed with FXAA.
And even on lower settings the fps jump sometimes from 60 to 20 and back while standing still.

RTX2070OC 

You can see those kinds of prices on Steam during sales, but currently BO2 is at full price on Steam ($65 CAD or your regional equivalent). $20 is a steal for BO2.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That is not of course the only factor. There are more. Although using the same engine for 12 games is not the same as using it for 2.

You make it sound like it's the same engine has the original COD with no changes. Not true at all:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine#Games

Sure, it's the same engine, but you can clearly see they make a lot of alterations to the basic engine and upgrade graphics in between every game.

Is it as good as custom making a new engine every game? No, of course not. But that's not really practical in a game franchise, nor is it economical. Making a game engine is extremely expensive. That's why so many people use UE or CE or Frostbite, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The game is OK. I won't say it's good or awesome yet till the the whole community gets to try everything. I don't want my words to turn into knives.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

anyone have an extra key?

Not a key mate, if you own BO 2 or higher you automatically get it through steam

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

nor is it economical.

I don't see the problem considering the amount of money they pull in each year... the guys doing UE are a much smaller company with a much smaller budget, and rely mostly on renting out their engine. As you said, incremental improvements are not as good as a new engine, and frankly it shows. Again, that alone is not a huge deal, but in combination with the rest it shows that all they care about is spitting out a cash cow every year with little regard for qualty and variation.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't see the problem considering the amount of money they pull in each year... the guys doing UE are a much smaller company with a much smaller budget, and rely mostly on renting out their engine. As you said, incremental improvements are not as good as a new engine, and frankly it shows. Again, that alone is not a huge deal, but in combination with the rest it shows that all they care about is spitting out a cash cow every year with little regard for qualty and variation.

It isn't a money thing. It's the sheer amount of time it takes to create a new engine alongside the saying 'If it isn't broken, don't fix it'. What benefit would you gain from making an entirely new engine, the new in-house tools you'd need and all the while adapting to the new workflows that would accompany all of the above for artists, programmers and game designers. 

For reference, Epic Games has an entire department dedicated to the development of it's engine. According to an article written in 2005[1], UE4 had already been in development for two years prior. UE4 had it's release build (build 8967) in May 2012 Thats NINE years. Tell me more about how 'lazy ' they are for not creating a new engine every 3 years...

Also you seem to drastically underestimate the size of Epic Games; they have a LOT of people working on their engine. Not only do they have an in-house team but hundreds of community developers also contribute towards the development of the engine.

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20140110101539/http://www.computerandvideogames.com/123639/rein-weve-been-working-on-unreal-engine-4-for-two-years/

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

It isn't a money thing. It's the sheer amount of time it takes to create a new engine alongside the saying 'If it isn't broken, don't fix it'. What benefit would you gain from making an entirely new engine, the new in-house tools you'd need and all the while adapting to the new workflows that would accompany all of the above for artists, programmers and game designers. 

For reference, Epic Games has an entire department dedicated to the development of it's engine. According to an article written in 2005[1], UE4 had already been in development for two years prior. UE4 had it's release build (build 8967) in May 2012 Thats NINE years. Tell me more about how 'lazy ' they are for not creating a new engine every 3 years...

Also you seem to drastically underestimate the size of Epic Games; they have a LOT of people working on their engine. Not only do they have an in-house team but hundreds of community developers also contribute towards the development of the engine.

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20140110101539/http://www.computerandvideogames.com/123639/rein-weve-been-working-on-unreal-engine-4-for-two-years/

We're talking about 3 companies worth of manpower and virtually unlimited funds. I'm sure they could muster enough resources for a new engine at least every 2-3 years. Doesn't have to be new for every single title if they release it once a year (although nobody forces them to, they could and probably shoudl take the necessary time to have a high quality standard), but using the same one for 12+ years is ridiculous. Hell, they could just rent UE, why not? Or cryengine.

Thing is, it IS broken; cod games have looked quite outdated for years now. You can mod it all you want, but you can't remove certain limitations from an engine without rewriting it from the ground up. As much as id tech 3 was a remarkable work for the time (hats off to Carmack) it was 1999.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

snip

They might have the manpower but that takes all development from making an actual game which you can't start to make until you have an engine to work with. You need an engine before you can start development so taking man hours from all studios would postpone the release of a new game for ~5 years minimum which is something Activision shareholders and the the game's fans would rather didn't happen. 

As for your second point, no the engine isn't broken in the slightest. The more recent iterations in the COD franchise have actually looked really good; at this point it's just mindless hate because

"hurr duur call of duuty d0sent look photoreeal leyk avater. gotsta be bad engin gotta be tek 3 bruh"

No. No it isn't the Tech 3 engine you moron. I'd like to bring your attention to the change list for each revision: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine#Games

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133