Google could track potholes to help you avoid them down the road

Arty

If Microsoft did this, the title would be

"Windows 10 tracks your location using your car's GPS"

why would ms need this?

google is "trying" to do good.

lets put it this way, you can get a 200$ ticket here for skateboarding or swearing. yet its 100% acceptable to cross a double yellow in front of a cop to avoid potholes. yay michigan 

just ran a red light. cop ignored it. xD

why would ms need this?

my top one so far is did a burnout right infront of a state cop. whoops. he didnt even look at my insurance, he was to busy and wanted info on my friends because they had nice cars and a bike, and wanted me to sell em out

my top one so far is did a burnout right infront of a state cop. whoops. he didnt even look at my insurance, he was to busy and wanted info on my friends because they had nice cars and a bike, and wanted me to sell em out

which part you live in?

my friend did a burnout, he prob would have gotten away with it if it wasn't in park parking lot lol.

basically google making something we don't need but can be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper useful k thanks

So.... What'll happen if the road is a huge minefield of potholes with no space to weave through said potholes?

So.... What'll happen if the road is a huge minefield of potholes with no space to weave through said potholes?

as from my own experience and other posters this seems normal and you should of expected it. The map is so you can move to a area that isnt a giant sink hole.

which part you live in?

my friend did a burnout, he prob would have gotten away with it if it wasn't in park parking lot lol.

i live in brighton(96 and 23). the local police is BRUTAL. give tickets for skateboarding in town, or if you get caught swearing and a cop hears you its a 200$ ticket instantly. I have no idea how I got away with it. 

ill be the first one to say I was lucky to get pulled over by a state cop

i live in brighton(96 and 23). the local police is BRUTAL. give tickets for skateboarding in town, or if you get caught swearing and a cop hears you its a 200$ ticket instantly. I have no idea how I got away with it. 

ill be the first one to say I was lucky to get pulled over by a state cop

noice farmington over hear, police are pretty chill.

noice farmington over hear, police are pretty chill.

oh no way. my mom lives right on the border of farmington and southfield, and my sis just moved to farmington. its crazy how you could be talking to someone across the world, or 5 miles away

edit: yeah, the cops there are good. the only spot they really get people is where M5 stops, and drops from 70 to a 45(35?) I believe. me and my dad both done stupid stuff over there and gotten away

oh no way. my mom lives right on the border of farmington and southfield, and my sis just moved to farmington. its crazy how you could be talking to someone across the world, or 5 miles away

edit: yeah, the cops there are good. the only spot they really get people is where M5 stops, and drops from 70 to a 45(35?) I believe. me and my dad both done stupid stuff over there and gotten away

or next door  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

met my friend on the fourm, and didn't know it was him for about 3 months lol

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/25/9207275/google-pothole-tracking-cars-gps

TL:DR

google wants to put potholes on google maps so your car doesn't break!

LIVING IN MICHIGAN, This would be a blessing to have.

Living in Michigan, this wouldn't help. I've lived in Michigan, there are more potholes than can be avoided.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/25/9207275/google-pothole-tracking-cars-gps

TL:DR

google wants to put potholes on google maps so your car doesn't break!

LIVING IN MICHIGAN, This would be a blessing to have.

TRUE DAT!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

TRUE DAT!

Again, this wouldn't help Michigan, where the road is made up more prominently of potholes than flat asphalt.

why would ms need this?

Lol, today I was at a light making a left turn and didn't notice there was a cop on the road that I was turning onto, and he was going straight.. because traffic looked like it was going to clear up I pulled up past the line and maybe enough my bumper was over the crosswalk, traffic finally slowed enough to where I could go, started going a little bit, realized the light changed to red, stopped as fast as I could, glad I didn't keep going...

I swear, these cops keep popping up at the worst of times... xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Again, this wouldn't help Michigan, where the road is made up more prominently of potholes than flat asphalt.

Where I live most of it has been re-paved, so not a whole ton of potholes :P

for now

Hah that wouldn't work here in Quebec, it'd probably tell you to get off the road entirely and walk, I hate those nid de poules. 

I think flying would be a better option

thumb_640.jpg

Really need this in California. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Wait until winter is over, they will be back.

(besides the potholes, you have the people who actually drive in Michigan. To whom a lane change is a declaration of war.)

I think flying would be a better option

thumb_640.jpg

AAAAHHH I can't stop laughing !!!

I live in Michigan too..... the roads here are just ridiculous, so thanks google