Looking for a 1440p 27in 1-2ms TN panel. Is it worth while to get Gsync?

AnUnQuietMind

Hey was wondering if anyone had suggestions about a 4-700$ USD 2560x1440p 120+ hz 1-2ms refresh TN panel? I have been hearing that Gsync is starting to become less likely to last long term or be supported. intel itself just adopted freesync for its mobile GPU's. Considering AMD's competition is adopting free sync, and i want the 4-700$ i invest in a monitor to last what would you do? Get  Gsync monitor or a normal TN panel without Gsync? Im running a watercooled Titan X. for awhile was looking at the 800$ Acer Gsync 1440p monitor but now im wondering...considering we dont know what support for gsync will be around 2 years from now should i even pay the extra cash for gsync if it will be outdated like beta max? and considering im using an nvidia card free sync is not an option either. Any thoughts? or preferably monitor suggestions? I buy my computer parts in stages, dealing with 3 genetic diseases i wind up not having consistent work. the titan X, i had been saving to replace my 7950's x2 for 3 years and wanted a single graphics card. not knowing how long it would take for developers to get DX12 to use multi GPU's properly. currently using 3 23in dell 1080p monitors as well as a 42in LG flatscreen connected to intel integrated graphics to watch netflix/movies/games like hearthstone. but for gaming i use the monitors. considering my next incremental purchase needs to be a high res decent monitor that will actually use the video card i have i wanted to ask for advice. please dont throw in snide "sell your Titan X and buy a radeon card" please. i have switched from red green and blue for years. i dont prefer one thing over the other i go with what (at the time of purchase) is the best option.

Anyways any suggestions on what monitor or links to the suggested monitor would be appreciated.

Thanks

ah forgot to add the games i usually play,

Witcher 3

CoD modern warfare

Most likely black opps depending on what reviews it gets.

FarCry 4

Fallout 3

Once again most likely Fallout 4 based on reviews.

hearthstone/starcraft

Most of my time is on WarFrame, yes i know it hates overclockers and is my cpu intensive then gpu intensive and my titan x is overkill. (im hitting the hard cap for frps 500) at 1080p

Why TN, the colors won't be nearly as nice as IPS. Are there not many IPS 1440p 120Hz + monitors for $700 or less? I would have thought there would be, but maybe not.

Why TN, the colors won't be nearly as nice as IPS. Are there not many IPS 1440p 120Hz + monitors for $700 or less? I would have thought there would be, but maybe not.

Honestly if the quality is good i can go with either. 

Not less than $700.

-snip-

G sync isn't going anywhere for a little while, and even if it does, you will still be making use out of g sync either way. So if you want to get the advantages of a variable refresh rates technology like g sync, then yes I'd advise going ahead and buying one if you're willing to spend the extra money. 

Although if you don't want to spend the extra money, may I ask, why are you not considering anything that is IPS and also anything that has freesync?

An IPS Panel will give you better colours and viewing angles, and even if a display has freesync, you don't have to make use of it. 

The reason I say that is because you could get the Asus MG279Q which is 1440p 144Hz and IPS. It also has freesync, but for your Titan X you can just ignore that. And all that comes in at a similar price to 144Hz 1440p TN Displays (Maybe just a bit more expensive) but a decent bit less expensive than the g sync 144Hz 1440p IPS display, or the TN one even, the Acer XB270HU and Asus PG278Q

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Not less than $700.

The Asus MG279Q is less than $700 and "IPS 1440p 120Hz+" like @Jaquavius said

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZOO348C/?tag=pcpapi-20

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

G sync isn't going anywhere for a little while, and even if it does, you will still be making use out of g sync either way. So if you want to get the advantages of a variable refresh rates technology like g sync, then yes I'd advise going ahead and buying one if you're willing to spend the extra money. 

Although if you don't want to spend the extra money, may I ask, why are you not considering anything that is IPS and also anything that has freesync?

An IPS Panel will give you better colours and viewing angles, and even if a display has freesync, you don't have to make use of it. 

The reason I say that is because you could get the Asus MG279Q which is 1440p 144Hz and IPS. It also has freesync, but for your Titan X you can just ignore that. And all that comes in at a similar price to 144Hz 1440p TN Displays (Maybe just a bit more expensive) but a decent bit less expensive than the g sync 144Hz 1440p IPS display, or the TN one even, the Acer XB270HU and Asus PG278Q

That was something i forgot to add. when i saw that monitor i immediately jumped thinking it isnt gsync but the specs are good and the price is right. but was not sure it would run unless i Only had a Radeon card. Thanks for the heads up!

Look at the reviews :?

Yeah I read alot of reviews from differing sites and apparently there is a minimum number of dead pixels and dark spots required for Asus to allow an RMA and people are getting burned. another reason this has been a difficult choice.

TN colour accuracy isnt really that bad imo, Its the viewing angles that are.

Look at the reviews :?

All the bad reviews of that monitor are down to bad quality control issues though :c

Which yeah does suck, but they are returnable if you get those issues in the majority of cases, and if you get a good one without QC issues (which is much more likely) then it'll be amazing. 

But yeah people with those issues are of course much more likely to leave a review than people who received it and are enjoying their display, so it does make it look bad by bringing down the star rating on retail sites :/

That's why it's good to get reviews from sites like tftcentral/pcmonitor.info as well as retail sites