EVGA GTX 980 ti vs GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte

Xyrock

The G1 has an RGB LED on it and it's also clocked really high, plus I think it's absolutely gorgeous. Also if you plan on OCing you're probably gonna have a better time on the G1.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

personally I would go for the EVGA card just out of personal experience. EVGA has a reputation for excellent build quality as well as cooling performance. The Gigabyte I think has a higher base clock and it's cooling is also apparently REALLY good, but I haven't used any gigabyte cards before so I don't know for sure how the quality of the materials they use is.

15 4670K, Hyper TX3 Evo, MSI - Z97 GD-65, GTX 750ti, 8Gb Ripjaws G.Skill, Graphite 230T

YOU WHAT M9?! MY GPU IS BEAST

The G1 has an RGB LED on it and it's also clocked really high, plus I think it's absolutely gorgeous. Also if you plan on OCing you're probably gonna have a better time on the G1.

is it really wise to overclock it again since its already clocked by gigabyte?

You can but not much or else your heat output would skyrocket. Nothing the G1's cooler can't handle though

15 4670K, Hyper TX3 Evo, MSI - Z97 GD-65, GTX 750ti, 8Gb Ripjaws G.Skill, Graphite 230T

You can but not much or else your heat output would skyrocket. Nothing the G1's cooler can't handle though

its just the g1 is much nicer lookin than evga... but where i come from i can get evga versio for cheaper

Yeah In that case, the difference in performance doesn't justify paying more money. Unless of course you just want it to look cool. I would go for the EVGA

EVGA For the WIN

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

I own two of the EVGA 980TI SC w/backplate cards and they run absalutly great and are very silent even when gaming. I got the EVGA ones becuase of the sleek clean look of them, simple design that looks great, I could not be any happier.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

does anyone know the specific details which one is OC better? because i will not likely to overclock anything because im scared of fking things up

personally I would go for the EVGA card just out of personal experience. EVGA has a reputation for excellent build quality as well as cooling performance. The Gigabyte I think has a higher base clock and it's cooling is also apparently REALLY good, but I haven't used any gigabyte cards before so I don't know for sure how the quality of the materials they use is.

The cooling is a bit better, however the fans are smaller than those used on EVGA cards, and the fan motors themselves are of a low quality and very noisy.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

does anyone know the specific details which one is OC better? because i will not likely to overclock anything because im scared of fking things up

It actually depends on the 'silicon lottery' some GPU overclock better than others.

PMSL

It actually depends on the 'silicon lottery' some GPU overclock better than others.

silicon lottery? by that you mean every GPU is different from others? or?

Some overclock better than others. You never know which one will overclock best until you try it for yourself.

PMSL

Its the luck of the draw, some GPUs overclock beter then others, not every Silicon die is created equel.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I'd probably go for the evga since I had 2 970ftws few months back. I'm not sure if the coil whine issue is still relevant on G1 gpus or if it's fixed. But I have also seen long time evga customers posts about being disappointed by kingpin cards that they'd rather just get classifieds.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The clock speed isnt the same on all Cards. Some are a bit faster, some a bit slower. And there is zero quarranty that you will get a good overcloker. The Chances for good OC is with all 980Ti´s the same. No matter which one you choose. Kingpin and HoF are only better if you go for insane unusual cooling. Way beyond normal Water cooling. So forget those Cards. If you want be on the safe side, buy one thats fast out of the box.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'd go EVGA. The G1 had some coil whine issues might or might not be an issue but it was enough to put me off from considering the card.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i