Anyone like solving stuff?

Nicholas15

I was just wondering something, could any of you great people out there try and build a PC that can achieve 4k with good fps with a budget of £1400 ($2207), there are no rules, I just want to see what people come up with, No need for a mouse or keyboard, just the monitor and the PC itself, Good luck!

I was just wondering something, could any of you great people out there try and build a PC that can achieve 4k with good fps, there are no rules, I just want to see what people come up with, No need for a mouse or keyboard, just the monitor and the PC itself, Good luck!

One question: what games?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

6700K, 16GB ram, dual titan x.

/thread.

if theres no rules to achieving a goal, there is no challenge to achieving said goal.

EDIT: since op changed his post, i change mine: 

4K at a budget of $2K is like asking to calculate pi with a potato.

/thread.

if theres no rules to achieving a goal, there is no challenge to achieving said goal.

dual titan x with 1400 pounds?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

/thread.

Haha you forgot the pixie dust, or if the radio shack is out of that, best buy usually has some WTF powder with the geek squad!

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

/thread.

He edited his post.

Budget  £1400

dual titan x with 1400 pounds?

he edited his post.

FarCry 4, Arma 3, WoW, midrange demanding games

I was just wondering something, could any of you great people out there try and build a PC that can achieve 4k with good fps with a budget of £1400 ($2207), there are no rules, I just want to see what people come up with, No need for a mouse or keyboard, just the monitor and the PC itself, Good luck!

No rules? Well you didn't state what games, so I'll just assume Sims 3, CSGO, and Minecraft, in which case my shitbox can handle it:

LWR0NT1.jpg

Gotta love non demanding games :P

Lets just consider it as $500, its hard to price outdated tech(the only thing new is the r7 265, but that was only $140 at the time).

£1400 for PC and monitor for 4k AAA gaming doesn't sound too doable. You're looking at an i5 + GTX 980 SLI.

£1400 for PC and monitor for 4k AAA gaming doesn't sound too doable. You're looking at an i5 + GTX 980 SLI.

Thats the challenge :P

No rules? Well you didn't state what games, so I'll just assume Sims 3, CSGO, and Minecraft, in which case my shitbox can handle it:

LWR0NT1.jpg

Lets just consider it as $500, its hard to price outdated tech(the only thing new is the r7 265, but that was only $140 at the time).

lol

i need that cooler in my life...

it'd make things... 20% cooler?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($333.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($333.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer B286HK ymjdpprz 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($465.64 @ B&H) 
Total: $2144.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-24 16:39 EDT-0400

plus you're left with 14 bucks for a six pack to celebrate! 

i need that cooler in my life...

it'd make things... 20% cooler?

Lol, it is pretty cool isn't it?(lol) I love it and I've had it for a very long time(since the AM2 days? If not AM2+), but sadly the manufacture(ZEROTherm) seems to be out of business :(, so second hand or new-old stock is the only way of getting one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£255.00 @ Aria PC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£76.98 @ Novatech)

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£99.56 @ Scan.co.uk)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£64.14 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£46.99 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.98 @ CCL Computers)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) (£329.99 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) (£329.99 @ Amazon UK)

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£57.92 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£99.99 @ Amazon UK)

Total: £1399.54

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-24 21:31 BST+0100

So... I doubt this won't run 60Fps 4k at decent settings. SSD, good CPU, good cooler, everything fits into place with this build.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

moreover, at what settings?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i'd like to add that my acer TC-603 (i7-4770 & gt640) runs OpenTTD at 2x2560x1440 at a perfect 60 fps.

(almost as many pixels as 4K)

so theoretically that thing fits into this thread perfectly, at a whopping cost of €700.

medium-ultra

Then @DarkBlade2117's build is perfect, as long as you don't HAVE to max out everything in all games it will do great.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i'd like to add that my acer TC-603 (i7-4770 & gt640) runs OpenTTD at 2x2560x1440 at a perfect 60 fps.

(almost as many pixels as 4K)

so theoretically that thing fits into this thread perfectly, at a whopping cost of €700.

Fair enough

Fair enough

see what i'm getting at in my first post?