Quick Question

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by CydiaDash,

I don't think so, without being an engineer for intel ;)

So I entered (of course) for that giveaway, and in the video it mentions a 480GB PCI-E 750 Series SSD. Well [if I happen to win], is there any way to convert it from PCI-E back to SATA? Considering I have an mITX motherboard and all, and giving up the GPU for an SSD (even if it is blazing fast) is not an option. Not that I expect to win, it was just a question. Thanks!

P.S. I know it's a full system, but it would be cool to have a Titan X in a mITX chassis and all. Hell I would sell my current board, GPU and CPU to get that X99 mITX board lol.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

i'd take that titan x any day to replace my r7 260x and bye bye bottleneck

I know, but in a mITX system like mine there is only one PCI-E slot.

So it's either a Titan X or a 750 SSD. I'd take the Titan X, but then I couldn't use the SSD.

you could sell it and get a 730 series instead

You mean a 750 series?

It looks like you could possibly get an adapter to use it on pci or something, but I'm really not sure. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Damn... Well thanks for the help, though!

Nope :P sata to pcie, sure. pcie to sata, no way in hell.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I know, but in a mITX system like mine there is only one PCI-E slot.

So it's either a Titan X or a 750 SSD. I'd take the Titan X, but then I couldn't use the SSD.

You mean a 750 series?

no i meant 730

those use sata

This seems like a whole shit post topic!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the chance of wining that hardware is 1/100,000

Winning the lottery is 1/45,360,620

This seems like a whole shit post topic!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the chance of wining that hardware is 1/100,000

Winning the lottery is 1/45,360,620

It was just a question, calm down. I asked if I happen to win, could I use the SSD. That's it. I didn't even say I was going to win, I was curious.

It was just a question, calm down. I asked if I happen to win, could I use the SSD. That's it. I didn't even say I was going to win, I was curious.

If you won, why would you put it in a mITX computer?

Didn't we talk about this "posting" thing in another thread.......

Chances are low anyway.......

If you won, why would you put it in a mITX computer?

Cuz Titan X and 5960X in a shoebox is badass.

Didn't we talk about this "posting" thing in another thread.......

Chances are low anyway.......

Uhh, probably didn't have a chance to read it, sorry. I didn't say I would win, I know chances are low, I just wanted to know if you could use the PCI-E SSD on SATA.

that one uses a u.2 slot

i doubt your board would have that

Ahh, I see. Probably not.

Uhh, probably didn't have a chance to read it, sorry. I didn't say I would win, I know chances are low, I just wanted to know if you could use the PCI-E SSD on SATA.

What's the point of it then if the speeds are lower on Sata........

What's the point of it then if the speeds are lower on Sata........

It'll still saturate the SATA speed limit compared to like my 840 Pro. Again it was just a question.

It'll still saturate the SATA speed limit compared to like my 840 Pro. Again it was just a question.

Again why do you need to ask it if you are not entirely sure?

That's like saying i want you to build me a 1K PC but lack the funds for it. 

And PCIE doesn't mix with Sata. 

Again why do you need to ask it if you are not entirely sure?

That's like saying i want you to build me a 1K PC but lack the funds for it. 

And PCIE doesn't mix with Sata. 

I can't ask a question? Isn't that what a forum is for? I wanted information about whether or not I could convert a PCI-E SSD to SATA, and I got the answer. What's wrong with that? I'm not asking for a build or anything. Just because it doesn't pertain to me doesn't mean I don't need to know about it.

I can't ask a question? Isn't that what a forum is for? I wanted information about whether or not I could convert a PCI-E SSD to SATA, and I got the answer. What's wrong with that? I'm not asking for a build or anything. Just because it doesn't pertain to me doesn't mean I don't need to know about it.

And it could be found on google......most of the time people would usually go online to lookup the answer and use the forum as a last resort. Your probably just wasting most of the people's time on something that your not entirely sure. Ain't the purpose of a forum is to ask a question that your not entirely sure of or find the answer to? But this answer can be found on interweb, and that you were posting threads non stop about things that you weren't entirely sure that you were going to buy/get. 

Is there even a PCIE to Sata converter in the first place?

I'm going to say this.

You overestimate too much. 

And it could be found on google......most of the time people would usually go online to lookup the answer and use the forum as a last resort. Your probably just wasting most of the people's time on something that your not entirely sure. Ain't the purpose of a forum is to ask a question that your not entirely sure of or find the answer to? But this answer can be found on interweb, and that you were posting threads non stop about things that you weren't entirely sure that you were going to buy/get. 

Is there even a PCIE to Sata converter in the first place?

I'm going to say this.

You overestimate too much. 

It's still nice to know the information so I am able to help others. I searched Google before I asked and I could only find a PCI-E card with SATA ports on it, that's why I was asking. Doesn't matter if I'm buying it or not, I just wanted to know. Seriously you're starting to make me feel depressed.

It's still nice to know the information so I am able to help others. I searched Google before I asked and I could only find a PCI-E card with SATA ports on it, that's why I was asking. Doesn't matter if I'm buying it or not, I just wanted to know. Seriously you're starting to make me feel depressed.

Pretty sure a status update works too.....

I'm sorry if i "attacked" you, but these threads are going out of hand.