Best GPU.

thenotoriousone

i'd look at a gtx 970, get a free mgs5 with it too

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

390/970 No war about nvidia and amd pls. It all goes down to your preference on the driver. 390 edges slightly over 970 at a lower price.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

960 4GB.

970 or 390, id say get the 970 beacuse you will get a free copy of Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain as a digita voucher.

970 or 390, id say get the 970 beacuse you will get a free copy of Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain as a digita voucher.

in my country the 970 is way more expensive than a 390. Both from msi but the price difference can buy me 2 metal gear solid. No idea why the price of 970 is not coming down in my country. If both card same price in your place yup a free metal gear solid is sweet as hell.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

I'd get a R9 390 with free 4.5GB of VRAM.

if op gaming on 1080p all the time then the free 4.5gb vram will be always "free". God damn too much of linus bad jokes.

390 is better out of the box then the 970. But the 970 can overclock really well and will win once overclocked.

A cheap 290 or 290X is the best option though, they can sometimes be had for as low as 270 USD and they perform really well.

390 is better out of the box then the 970. But the 970 can overclock really well and will win once overclocked.

A cheap 290 or 290X is the best option though, they can sometimes be had for as low as 270 USD and they perform really well.

a well overclocked 390 still wins a well overclocked 970.  at least in taht few benchmark i saw.

a well overclocked 390 still wins a well overclocked 970.  at least in taht few benchmark i saw.

in most of those benches, the 390 was a good sample and the 970 was conservativly OCd or OCd really badly.

average 970 reaches atleast 1525 or higher.

Most 390 reviews ive seen hover around 1125 to 1180. With one review going over 1200 and thus beating a OCd 970....

They still trade blows. But hey, who cares. OC vs OC is a poor argument really. It all comes down to silicon lottery and you are NOT guaranteed to get a good 970 OR a good 390. So either way, the argument of which is better when OCd should be taken with a grain of salt anyways.

in most of those benches, the 390 was a good sample and the 970 was conservativly OCd or OCd really badly.

average 970 reaches atleast 1525 or higher.

Most 390 reviews ive seen hover around 1125 to 1180. With one review going over 1200 and thus beating a OCd 970....

They still trade blows. But hey, who cares. OC vs OC is a poor argument really. It all comes down to silicon lottery and you are NOT guaranteed to get a good 970 OR a good 390. So either way, the argument of which is better when OCd should be taken with a grain of salt anyways.

true also you got the point. 

So I can't decide now between R9 390/380 or GTX 970. Is it also true that nVidia drivers run better?

Give me a boost. 

So I can't decide now between R9 390/380 or GTX 970. Is it also true that nVidia drivers run better?

Right now nvidia drivers have been bad since the witcher 3. Although some people don't have any issues (myself included) the problem is definitely widespread enough to be mentioned.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

What's the best GPU for 1080p gaming under 350 dollars?

Fuck yeah bro!!!!!!! McGregor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Btw 390 to answer your question. Also yes, they generally have better drivers but the performance between a 970 is 390 is pretty much the same. Only difference is the 390 has 4.5 more gigs of VRAM.

Btw 390 to answer your question. Also yes, they generally have better drivers but the performance between a 970 is 390 is pretty much the same. Only difference is the 390 has 4.5 more gigs of VRAM.

And what brand of 390 would you recommend?

Give me a boost. 

And what brand of 390 would you recommend?

Sapphire my main man.

Sapphire my main man.

At the moment I own Sapphire R7 260x 2GB OC and I am very happy with it. Runs all the newest games on 1080p/medium.

I am gonna look for some 390 but in black and gold because my gigabyte motherboard is black and gold. :)

Give me a boost.