Skylake Xeons

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

I know if you actually read the OP you'd notice I asked if they had some sort of pattern not a solid release date... Eg: do Xeons come out a month after desktop versions or a year later? I only recently started following Xeons with plans of upgrading to a 1231 v3 but Skylakes now out which I thought wouldn't be till winter.

It changes with each release. Sometimes they come quick, sometimes they come out ages after release. Either way, they're a long way off. 

Anyone have any  clue when Skylake Xeons are likely to come out? I'm greatly considering upgrading to a Skylake equivalent to 1230V3 does anyone have any sort of ETA considering intels usual habits I just haven't really followed xeons till recently so I don't know if they come out a year later or a month later than the first desktop skus (like 6700k)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

the same time the non k chips will come out, so in the next 4 weeks? maybe?

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

ETA: Sometime. 

At the moment, Skylake Xeon is just rumours, nothing solid to go on. 

I know if you actually read the OP you'd notice I asked if they had some sort of pattern not a solid release date... Eg: do Xeons come out a month after desktop versions or a year later? I only recently started following Xeons with plans of upgrading to a 1231 v3 but Skylakes now out which I thought wouldn't be till winter.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Anyone have any  clue when Skylake Xeons are likely to come out? I'm greatly considering upgrading to a Skylake equivalent to 1230V3 does anyone have any sort of ETA considering intels usual habits I just haven't really followed xeons till recently so I don't know if they come out a year later or a month later than the first desktop skus (like 6700k)

Why not X99?

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Why not X99?

Skylake xeons aren't coming for a long time.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'm saying, why not go to the X99 platform- there are already a plethora of CPU's for it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Why not X99?

Why X99 I don't need all the features of it, it's cost increase.

I hope you're wrong but I guess I'll find out eventually one way or another.

There won't be a 1231 v3 equvalient for Skylake. The reason that cpu falls into the price of a i5, while still has HT like a I7 is, it doesn't have IGP. It's said that all Skylake Xeon will have a IGP so expect the price to be sky high.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Why X99 I don't need all the features of it, it's cost increase.

I hope you're wrong but I guess I'll find out eventually one way or another.

that was refering to LGA 2011 skylake xeons.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It changes with each release. Sometimes they come quick, sometimes they come out ages after release. Either way, they're a long way off. 

There won't be a 1231 v3 equvalient for Skylake. The reason that cpu falls into the price of a i5, while still has HT like a I7 is, it doesn't have IGP. It's said that all Skylake Xeon will have a IGP so expect the price to be sky high.

hmm I hadn't heard that yet, I heard that for broadwell but broadwell was broadwell so I didn't think that'd affect skylake.

that was refering to LGA 2011 skylake xeons.

Ah didn't realize LGA 2011 Skylake was out in any format