Best Headpones under $400 aud

destroyer8769

Hi LTT Forum,

I am just wondering what the best headphones under $400 are? I mainly listen to electronic with some other stuff mixed in.

I have three in mind as of now:

Sony MDR1AB

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/headphones/sony/sony-mdr1ab-hi-res-stereo-headphones-black/646635/

​Bose QuietComfort 25

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/headphones/bose/bose-quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-for-samsung-android-d/719738/

Audio Technica ATH-M50X

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1156&products_id=26690

Thanks,

Destroyer8769​

M50x. They are very possibly the best all around headphones you can get for the price.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

M50x. They are very possibly the best all around headphones you can get for the price.

What about all the other, better headphones that you can get for less than that price?

What about all the other, better headphones that you can get for less than that price?

What are those? Will try those, If available.

Had M50x for 5 days (my friend's). They are great.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

MDR-CD900ST, AKG K612, HD280 Pro, Sennheiser momentum, MDR-MA900, lots and lots of them. All of them are better than M50x

@SSL I just tried HD280 pro, probably it's the headphone to beat for $100. Sounds straight out better than M50x

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x, AKG K612 Pro, Sennheiser HD 558, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro...

MDR-CD900ST, AKG K612, HD280 Pro, Sennheiser momentum, MDR-MA900, lots and lots of them. All of them are better than M50x

@SSL I just tried HD280 pro, probably it's the headphone to beat for $100. Sounds straight out better than M50x

Bloody noice.

Which are the best for travel and sound isolation/cancelling (i have only tried the bose and the pressure felt wierd)

Which are the best for travel and sound isolation/cancelling (i have only tried the bose and the pressure felt wierd)

Bose QC 25 are the best, most people fine them comfortable.

Bose QC 25 are the best, most people fine them comfortable.

OK, do you know anything about the sonys, such as sound quality?

OK, do you know anything about the sonys, such as sound quality?

Pretty good, for the money. Decent isolation. Bass should be there, but not hugely boosted. Could be boomy at times (not in a good way).

Wow... no they are not

You deserve a dick pic

Bose QC 25 is your best bet.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

They are great! I owned a pair for a while, but ended up giving them to a friend :P The only issue is the giant effing coiled cable.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)