Why are Nvidia fanboys in denial about the DX12 results?

KarateHottie93

Lets be logical here...the 290X completely destroyed the 980 Ti! How can that even be explained? You can't just blame it all on drivers or optimization either. A $650 card got beat by one you can find on eBay for under half that. I just got a 980 HOF recently and I'd be furious if it wasn't so damn sexy. I can't wait to see how the Fury cards compare to the 980 Ti.

AMD seen a performance increase of 70%...70%! Is that not good enough for you?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Just no.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Lets be logical here...the 290X completely destroyed the 980 Ti! How can that even be explained? You can't just blame it all on drivers or optimization either. A $650 card got beat by one you can find on eBay for under half that. I just got a 980 HOF recently and I'd be furious if it wasn't so damn sexy. I can't wait to see how the Fury cards compare to the 980 Ti.

Sorry, but it is too early to tell that...

let DX12 Mature - then if holds true you can post this. If not just no.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Just no.

"Just no" what? Everyone keeps on blaming drivers or saying the game was optimized for AMD. I've never seen a twice as expensive AMD card lose to an Nvidia one that's half the price in any scenario.

So the idea is that AMD's cards actually have more compute power than Nvidia's cards.  That is why they are better for mining, they have more compute potential (they can do more math).  The really hurtful thing for AMD cards at the moment is keeping all these shader cores busy!

Having this new API really allows for it.  Nvidia will have to build more (raw) powerful chips.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

DX12 is only on ONE game. Wait for more results before basing ANY generalization on DX12 benchmarks or results.

Calm your panties, and wait for more games to use it. Then start making claims like this. If we only looked at a game like Borderlands 2 with high Physx then we might say, "Oh a 770 is beating a 390X? HOW???" Its a per-game basis. We need a larger sample size before judging.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

So the idea is that AMD's cards actually have more compute power than Nvidia's cards.  That is why they are better for mining, they have more compute potential (they can do more math).  The really hurtful thing for AMD cards at the moment is keeping all these shader cores busy!

Yep, That's why we see 8.6Teraflops on the fury X (yes, its legit) But still loses out to the 980 ti.

If we could see hyperthreading for amd gpus...glorious...

EDIT:

History - AMD cards have always taken the "raw" approach to brute force their way through problems and are known for this. 

Nvidia isn't as keen on the brute force method and their designs are much different. 

AMD is on a more stream processors/ more core battle while NVidia/Intel tinker with architecture efficiency more IMO. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

DX12 is only on ONE game. Wait for more results before basing ANY generalization on DX12 benchmarks or results.

Calm your panties, and wait for more games to use it. Then start making claims like this. If we only looked at a game like Borderlands 2 with high Physx then we might say, "Oh a 770 is beating a 390X? HOW???" Its a per-game basis. We need a larger sample size before judging.

It's one game where AMD completely wrecked them. I could accept this if AMD outclassing them in DX12 wasn't predicted by every expert out there. It was though and it was way more than anyone expected. Now it's because "it was only one game".

What results are you referring to? The (alpha) ones where the 980ti lost fps by going to DX12?... because that's not a sign of something going wrong?

What results are you referring to?

The ones where a 290X slapped a 980 Ti.

Yep, That's why we see 8.6Teraflops on the fury X (yes, its legit) But still loses out to the 980 ti.

If we could see hyperthreading for amd gpus...glorious...

They really just need 3 things, CPU's that can feed them better, faster RAM to provide them data, and faster I/O.  Most of the AMD's GPUs don't operate at 100% of their potential, and I will admit that software could easily increase this capability or make it easier to reach anyways.  This is also why you usually see such a huge jump with AMD's driver releases because the code gets better and better each time.  Not only that but it just gives more and more potential.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

It's one game where AMD completely wrecked them. I could accept this if AMD outclassing them in DX12 wasn't predicted by every expert out there. It was though and it was way more than anyone expected. Now it's because "it was only one game".

I'm not saying its entirely one game. What I'm saying is we cannot allow ourselves to make such predictions based on a sample size of ONE. If we did we could end up with really fucked up results. You'd end up with scientific studies showing that 100% of americans between the age of 1-78 smoke marijuana, or 100% of homosexuals are child molesters and criminals.

We need a larger sample size before we can make an accurate assumption of DX12.

I'm a fucking AMD fanboy, I would love it if my Fury X turned into the worlds most powerful single-gpu for gaming thanks to DX12, but honestly I cannot accept results with a sample size of 1

Oh look, I just completed a legitimate survey!

• 100% of Human beings are 6"2
  • 100% of Human beings are male
  • 100% of Human beings enjoy computer programming
  • 100% of Human beings are marginally over weight
  • 100% of Human beings drive a white car
  • 100% of Human beings have only only drunk Coke within the last 5 hours
  • 100% of living organisms are Caucasian in ethnicity
  • 100% of all life on earth is Human
  • 100% of Human beings have green eyes
  • 100% of Human beings are right handed
  • 100% of Human beings are 2nd degree black belts in Judo
  • 100% of Human beings live in California

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'm not saying its entirely one game. What I'm saying is we cannot allow ourselves to make such predictions based on a sample size of ONE. If we did we could end up with really fucked up results. You'd end up with scientific studies showing that 100% of americans between the age of 1-78 smoke marijuana, or 100% of homosexuals are child molesters and criminals.

We need a larger sample size before we can make an accurate assumption of DX12.

I'm a fucking AMD fanboy, I would love it if my Fury X turned into the worlds most powerful single-gpu for gaming thanks to DX12, but honestly I cannot accept results with a sample size of 1

I agree with that, sir. Sorry I came off so hostile against you. I have been saying we need more than one benchmark to go off of, myself. I still can't stand Nvidia fanboys screaming drivers though. AMD won because of way more than just a driver.

I agree with that, sir. Sorry I came off so hostile against you. I have been saying we need more than one benchmark to go off of, myself. I still can't stand Nvidia fanboys screaming drivers though. AMD won because of way more than just a driver.

There's obviously something more going on, I can agree with that. Whether that's up to hardware, or software we just don't know yet. I really, really, really hope its hardware. That way I can justify my gpu even more... But the inner science geek is screaming at me for making assumptions based on 1 result. 

Before we can say anything really, we just need more games on DX12, and it's as simple as that; Fanboys on both sides need to calm down, respectively.

LMAO why are AMD fanboys claiming victory from a pre-alpha game benchmark that uses an engine closely tied to AMD? Microsoft used NVIDIA not AMD to demo their DX12 products. Nvidia will keep shitting on AMD and I'll enjoy tasting the tears of the delusional AMD babies. 

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

LMAO why are AMD fanboys claiming victory from a pre-alpha game benchmark that uses an engine closely tied to AMD? Microsoft used NVIDIA not AMD to demo their DX12 products. Nvidia will keep shitting on AMD and I'll enjoy tasting the tears of the delusional AMD babies. 

I'd be mad if I SLI'd 980's too bro. Come DX12 my CrossFire 260X's will wreck those paperweights.

And still, people like this are part of the problem...

Sir, please educate yourself on hardware before attempting to make claims like that. And No, I'm not just talking about learning Nvidia's marketing more than you already seem to.

/RektTROLL

I'd be mad if I SLI'd 980's too bro. Come DX12 my CrossFire 260X's will wreck those paperweights.

And lol, nice counter troll.

Sir, please educate yourself on hardware before attempting to make claims like that. And No, I'm not just talking about learning Nvidia's marketing more than you already seem to.

/RektTROLL

And lol, nice counter troll.

Ty ty /bow :D

/RektTROLL

You didn't wreck anything. A regular 980 out performed the "Titan Killer" Fury X in some games. It was slower than the equally priced 980 Ti. AMD is garbage. Sorry that your jimmies got rustled. 

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

How about you go up to the FS and Valley scores and you'll see my "paperweights" in the top 10 on both. 

/RektTROLL

You didn't wreck anything. A regular 980 out performed the "Titan Killer" Fury X in some games. It was slower than the equally priced 980 Ti. AMD is garbage. Sorry that your jimmies got rustled. 

You're just mad cause you got DX12'd bro.

You're just mad cause you got DX12'd bro.

Must suck to suck. 

gta-v1.png

Must suck to suck. 

gta-v1.png

Yeah...tell me about it.

post-197428-0-44145500-1440224840.png

Yeah...tell me about it.

Pre-Alpha bench on a shit game from an engine tied to AMD. Yep typical AMD fanboy BS. Enjoy your pre-release "win" I'll be sure to come back and visit when Nvidia stomps AMD when it really matters. AMD fans clinging on to the last thread of hope that they might get competitive products again. It'll be hilarious when AMD goes under for being a terrible company and Samsung buys them. Then maybe Nvidia will have some competition. 

Pre-Alpha bench on a shit game from an engine tied to AMD. Yep typical AMD fanboy BS. Enjoy your pre-release "win" I'll be sure to come back and visit when Nvidia stomps AMD when it really matters. AMD fans clinging on to the last thread of hope that they might get competitive products again. It'll be hilarious when AMD goes under for being a terrible company and Samsung buys them. Then maybe Nvidia will have some competition. 

Haha at least my AMD GPU's work with Windows 10. I seen that thread buddy...and you know what? I laughed!