Dell xps 13 clean install?

BeyondRico

Hi there,

So i orderded the new dell xps 13, it will be full of dell crap so i wanted to do a clean install.

Does one of you know if its just formating the whole drive and put a clean install on it ore do i need to do somthing speciaal to achive this?

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

Just go to Reset this PC in Settings.

This should be similar with Windows 8. I am on 10. 

i would just download pcdecrapafier

Hi there,

So i orderded the new dell xps 13, it will be full of dell crap so i wanted to do a clean install.

Does one of you know if its just formating the whole drive and put a clean install on it ore do i need to do somthing speciaal to achive this?

yes you can

just make sure you install the same version of windows

it will probably have 8.1 on it

need to use a usb stick since it has no dvd drive

and good for you clean installing a new oem pc...always the right thing to do

(look at the lenovo crap)

I always clean install new pc's from oems

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Just go to Reset this PC in Settings.

This should be similar with Windows 8. I am on 10. 

After Resetting it'll not be a Vanilla windows. It'll be as same as it booted up for first time. ie with all craps.

Hi there,

Clean Installation recommended.

I could recommend PCDecrapifier, But as it leaves some leftovers and registry entries. So yeah CLEAN INSTALLATION.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

After Resetting it'll not be a Vanilla windows. It'll be as same as it booted up for first time. ie with all craps.

Clean Installation recommended.

I could recommend PCDecrapifier, But as it leaves some leftovers and registry entries. So yeah CLEAN INSTALLATION.

WTH is this then?

oKrbE.jpg

WTH is this then?

oKrbE.jpg

IDK, Sorry.

On one of my friend's HP laptop, we did Reset. But it all came back like at first.

I think it retrieved it from recovery partition.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

WTH is this then?

its close to a clean install..but its not really perfect

partitons should be redone to

yes you can

just make sure you install the same version of windows

it will probably have 8.1 on it

need to use a usb stick since it has no dvd drive

and good for you clean installing a new oem pc...always the right thing to do

(look at the lenovo crap)

I always clean install new pc's from oems

But the partitions dell has made are they not formatted in a strange way so windows cannot install on them when i delete them?

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

But the partitions dell has made are they not formatted in a strange way so windows cannot install on them when i delete them?

if they can't be deleted from the windows installer

then you need to use the diskpart tool from the windows installer..that will get rid of them

if they can't be deleted from the windows installer

then you need to use the diskpart tool from the windows installer..that will get rid of them

Oke, I will try it when it's arrived. i will reply if something goes wrong haha

Just make a USB install drive and then delete all the partitions and reinstall. Its the only way to really make sure you get everything. Also, download drivers from the dell website before you delete everything.

Just make a USB install drive and then delete all the partitions and reinstall. Its the only way to really make sure you get everything. Also, download drivers from the dell website before you delete everything.

Yes i know how a clean install works, but my question was if the partitions are all NTFS formatted. so if i delete them it will be one drive with the total of 256GB(i know it will be les)

Yes i know how a clean install works, but my question was if the partitions are all NTFS formatted. so if i delete them it will be one drive with the total of 256GB(i know it will be les)

Delete all the partitions so that it says unallocated space and chose that to install windows on. Windows installer will automatically format a new recovery partition and os partition and install it properly.

Delete all the partitions so that it says unallocated space and chose that to install windows on. Windows installer will automatically format a new recovery partition and os partition and install it properly.

You still don't get it, if the other partitions are not NTFS formatted it will not make "one" drive. like techguru is saying i need to go in diskpart to format them the ride way

You still don't get it, if the other partitions are not NTFS formatted it will not make "one" drive. like techguru is saying i need to go in diskpart to format them the ride way

No you dont, if you delete a partition, you can reformat it to another file system type. So it will all be one.

Let me explain this in detail. When you buy a hard drive, it is nothing but blank space. No file system, nothing. Once you format the hard drive, you get to choose what file system you want to use. This means that you are able to delete partitions on a drive as well and change them to whatever you want. You actually dont even have to delete the partitions, you can just reformat them to another file system. So it is possible for you to delete the partitions and reformat them.

No you dont, if you delete a partition, you can reformat it to another file system type. So it will all be one.

Let me explain this in detail. When you buy a hard drive, it is nothing but blank space. No file system, nothing. Once you format the hard drive, you get to choose what file system you want to use. This means that you are able to delete partitions on a drive as well and change them to whatever you want. You actually dont even have to delete the partitions, you can just reformat them to another file system. So it is possible for you to delete the partitions and reformat them.

what it sounds like he's saying tho is that the dell has some system level locked partitions

and the only way to delete those kind is to use diskpart

what it sounds like he's saying tho is that the dell has some system level locked partitions

Oh still confusing to me why you wouldnt be able to delete a partition with a partition tool. Whatever lol

Oh still confusing to me why you wouldnt be able to delete a partition with a partition tool. Whatever lol

he still not getting it, the partitions i am talking about are a little more advanced to format just with the windows installer. so the only way is to delete them with diskpart.

he still not getting it, the partitions i am talking about are a little more advanced to format just with the windows installer. so the only way is to delete them with diskpart.

can't really blame him...you don't often see locked/system level partitions

most people don't know how to get rid of them