Windows 10. Y U Do This?

So, I upgraded to Windows 10 sometime last week. I love it. I did a fresh install, and use a local account. Works wonderfully. I wish there were some things different about it. but its better than 8.1 (even with start is back).

Yesterday, I  needed to print something, so I installed my printer. It took me through some new interface, it went smoothly, except that after a restart, it still wouldn't print. 

I went to the normal control panel and found the printer. I told me that there was an app in the store for it. I said: "sure, why not, just print", and signed into my Microsoft account once I got in the store.

Immediately it tells me that this is how I need to sign into my computer now, and switches everything over to a Microsoft account. Fa-Queue Microsoft.

I switch back to a local account switch my password back, log out like you have to, and come back. then I restart again, as it still wouldn't print. the restart fixed the print issue. that works great now.

However

My setting are Gone. Power plans and network setting are all that I have found to have been reset at the moment, if I find more ill update this.

My question is WHY Microsoft, would you make it so when i sign in to an app, I sign into my computer? and another question is, are there any other things like this that people have discovered? Really annoying things that can be avoided?

Tell me about them.

W10 is all about giving MacroHard your info yo

That's why to do basically anything you have to sign in in some form.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you read the dialog box, it states exactly that. You have the option on there to login on this app only.

Reading is important, it avoids headaches.

You don't have to install the app to get your printer working.

It simply suggested to you that there is an app to manage your printer, and asked you if you want it.

What is your printer?

W10 is all about giving MacroHard your info yo

That's why to do basically anything you have to sign in in some form.

To access your e-mail, you need an account. No service provide will get you access to all e-mails and says "You figure it out which is yours". The concept of accounts is nothing new.

When you purchase/download an app, it is associated to your account, so that you don't need to re-buy it every single time you want to re-install it, like on your phone.

ok. but, Microsoft is not at fault or responsible for your sound card/chip lies, or buggy drivers.

If you have driver issues, in order to have it fixed, inform the sound chip/card manufacture. Either call them, or use their support forum. If they don't know about it, and no one reports it 'because some else will', don't expect to be fixed. The more people complain, the higher it will get yo the priority list. Hopefully a new drivers will come soon.

To access your e-mail, you need an account. No service provide will get you access to all e-mails and says "You figure it out which is yours". The concept of accounts is nothing new.

When you purchase/download an app, it is associated to your account, so that you don't need to re-buy it every single time you want to re-install it, like on your phone.

I am aware.

I don't know about you, but I'm okay with not being able to use the app store as long as I can have a local, non-connected account.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I am aware.

I don't know about you, but I'm okay with not being able to use the app store as long as I can have a local, non-connected account.

So then no problem!

Totally forgot I posted  :P

I got it working with out the app. Just needed to restart 2 more times (not sure why 2, but that has been the case with some of the updates as well).

Something else that's funny, when I moved back to my moms, It connected automatically to the printer there. It was a fresh OS, so I'm not sure how that happened but i guess its cool. no headache, although a little worrying.

Totally forgot I posted   :P

I got it working with out the app. Just needed to restart 2 more times (not sure why 2, but that has been the case with some of the updates as well).

Something else that's funny, when I moved back to my moms, It connected automatically to the printer there. It was a fresh OS, so I'm not sure how that happened but i guess its cool. no headache, although a little worrying.

Upgrades are usually, buggy. Even from a previously fresh install, it's just bad. Ah, well, at least you got it to work.

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB