windows 10 usage share hits flat

jos

How long did you run windows xp before upgrading to windows 7  saying the same thing ?

I upgraded to win7 a month or two after it was out. Had no thoughts of going back when i used it.

But youre probably right either way.

Ugh this is Windows XP all over again. People sticking to vastly obsolete OS' for the hell of it. Listen Windows 7 was nice.. in 2010. Just let it go. Even Windows 8.1 has been vstly superior to 7 for over a year.

2 control panels says you're wrong.

end of story (◑‿◐)

Why is it that your smiley has a stamp between his crosseyes?

2 control panels says you're wrong.

My personal experience of using every generation of consumer windows since 3.11 says I'm right.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Windows10 is just a piece of shit.

Even if you disable all the privacy feutures, the servers still continue requesting the data.

So even wenn the switch is off, its basicly not.

But thats not all, aside from the options you "can disable", there are also allot of hidden services,

that still collects your data and send it to whatever servers.

They are deeply hidden, and not that easy to find.

Microsoft has simply no legal rights to collect your data that way and sell it on, without letting you know.

And i personaly wonder, how long it will take before Microsoft get sued for this.

Also in terms of speed and snappyness there is no significant diffrence to windows 8.1 /7.

Thats just a placebo effect.

What Windows 10 truly is?

One big load of malware.

#Windows10_sucks

Because you are still using there services like one drive, seriously though stop over reacting.

You are exaly wrong, even if you dont use their services.

The OS is still full of malware, that collects your data.

But its all deeply hidden in the OS.

In fact, they have exaly tried to inject the malware in Windows 8.1 aswell,

Just to offer it as a KB update.

People who have installed that particular update, just thought they installed another recommended OS update.

But what they have realy installed, was just malware.

I dont know the exact KB numbers out of my head, But you could search that your self.

Windows10 simply stinks!

People who have installed that particular update, just thought they installed another recommended OS update.

I dont know the exact KB numbers out of my head, But you could search that your self.

Windows10 simply stinks!

Man I sure hope you have the same code when It comes to Google. Obviously you don't use anything google like Chrome, Google.com, android or anything else? Because those things are free too, meaning that you are the product, and gets data mined there too by Google "malware".

I don't like this any more than any other, but double standards are ridiculous. If we want services and OS' to improve in usability, we have to give away some data. As long as it's anonymous enough to not identify you, it should be ok.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

As long as it's anonymous enough to not identify you, it should be ok.

Thats exaly the problem.

Its not anonymous enough, its just a matter of time, before the shit got hacked.

And Microsoft gets sued lol.

Can´t wait to see that happen :D

Remember, that Microsoft also records your voice, and Windows10 even contains a feuture to login with your face.

They also log your key strokes, etc etc.

Microsoft has simply no legal right to collect all that data.

Without your personal permission.

Plz remain ignorant and remain on windows 7 where privacy is invaded as much as on windows 10.

Ah cool you can´t keep up with the conversation. :D.

Dont botter then

And your brain lacks sufficient processing power to even understand whats going on, heck plz just unplug your modem grab a hammer and smash it to bits, to guarantee 100% privacy, have a nice day.

i think that your brain lacks on common sense.

But whatever.

This has nothing to do with 100% privacy on the internet, because thats impossible.

But this is all about windows10 being a "free upgrade" and Microsoft having no legal rights to collect all your data without letting you know.

That they collect some data is fine, because every online service you login do this.

But not on the level as its done now.

But yeah its just a matter of time before Microsoft gets sued for this BS.

Ugh this is Windows XP all over again. People sticking to vastly obsolete OS' for the hell of it. Listen Windows 7 was nice.. in 2010. Just let it go. Even Windows 8.1 has been vstly superior to 7 for over a year.

While 8.1 was indeed better than 7, I (and many others) just didn't feel like reinstalling my entire PC, nor was windows 8.1 free. There were no real incentives to upgrade to 8.1 from 7. I'm not going to drop $100 for a new version that adds next to nothing significant. 

I do agree with upgrading to 10 though: free and not having to reinstall, that's something you shouldn't say no to! (unless you're a tinfoil hat nut, like I've seen on the forum here with their "privacy concerns".)

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Thats exaly the problem.

Its not anonymous enough, its just a matter of time, before the shit got hacked.

And Microsoft gets sued lol.

Can´t wait to see that happen :D

Remember, that Microsoft also records your voice, and Windows10 even contains a feuture to login with your face.

They also log your key strokes, etc etc.

Microsoft has simply no legal right to collect all that data.

Without your personal permission.

They got your permission when you accepted the installation EULA. I get your point, but people can choose not to use those services. People would rip MS a new one if Cortana don't understand them properly. How would MS improve this service otherwise? We have to be realistic as well, even though It comes with a downside. Password logging for instance sounds horrible, but you already use that in Windows, in browsers, windows log in, etc.

They got your permission when you accepted the installation EULA. I get your point, but people can choose not to use those services. People would rip MS a new one if Cortana don't understand them properly. How would MS improve this service otherwise? We have to be realistic as well, even though It comes with a downside. Password logging for instance sounds horrible, but you already use that in Windows, in browsers, windows log in, etc.

Yes sure, they need to collect some data, to improve their services, and thats okay till a certain level.

And as long as they know what they are doing, there isnt that much wrong with it.

But i think they simply collect too much for just using it as for "services improvements".

And the thing is, that allot of those services are exaly hard to disable.

You get basicly totaly limmited in functions if you dont wish to share some certain information.

And that will limmited the main use of the operating system basicly.

And also the collecting services (which is basicly just malware) that Microsoft does not inform you about.

Thats basicly the biggest problem i have with this. :)

i still remember the day, wenn their Hotmail / livemail sevices got hacked.

And the Xbox.

Prove it. Having actually used Windows 10 for nearly a month now it's about as stable as Windows 7 ever was.

This

In my one month of using Windows 10 I've seen zero bugs, issues etc. Wherein using Win7 random stuff like my DPC latency would be spiking several thousand, causing audio clipping and static etc.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

Windows10 is just a piece of shit.

Even if you disable all the privacy feutures, the servers still continue requesting the data.

So even wenn the switch is off, its basicly not.

But thats not all, aside from the options you "can disable", there are also allot of hidden services,

that still collects your data and send it to whatever servers.

They are deeply hidden, and not that easy to find.

Microsoft has simply no legal rights to collect your data that way and sell it on, without letting you know.

And i personaly wonder, how long it will take before Microsoft get sued for this.

Also in terms of speed and snappyness there is no significant diffrence to windows 8.1 /7.

Thats just a placebo effect.

What Windows 10 truly is?

One big load of malware.

#Windows10_sucks

10 is snappier than 7 to me, search function is better, layout is nicer, everything is well organized and sorted etc.

file management is nicer, too, actually.

and you act like windows xp/7/8/8.1, your cell phone and isp, your social accounts (fb etc) aren't already intrusive

nobody will be capable of suing microsoft over this because people agreed to the TOS/EULA etc

#uselinuxinsteadthen

Windows10 simply stinks!

baseless accusations and i really doubt you know what you're talking about at this point

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

baseless accusations and i really doubt you know what you're talking about at this point

I can't speak for 8.1, but earlier this year Win7 did indeed have all kinds of suspicious stuff injected via Windows Update. 

KB2952664 was an important update labeled as a "compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7", with the following explanation :

"This update helps Microsoft make improvements to the current operating system in order to ease the upgrade experience to the latest version of Windows."

What it actually did was enable a daily telemetry run that (according to the task's description) "collects program telemetry information if opted in to the Customer Exprience Improvement Program".

Not only was this kind of data gathering not mentioned anywhere in the update description, the whole CEIP thing was a lie too, it still does the telemetry run even if you have opted out of the CEIP. 

For years the updates have described the issues and changes clearly, but now we're getting all kinds of updates with extremely vague descriptions.  They are sneaking stuff in behind your backs and making it hard for a novice or regular user to find it or turn it off.

That secrecy, combined with the kind of stuff they're quietly planting inside our PCs, is all the proof any sane person needs to conclude that Microsoft is malicious. 

For years the updates have described the issues and changes clearly, but now we're getting all kinds of updates with extremely vague descriptions.  Nowadays however they are sneaking stuff in behind your backs and making it hard for a novice or regular user to find it or turn it off.

CEIP is really old though, I doubt microsoft hasn't had shady updates mentioning it before.

Aside from that, you and me have a different view of what "clearly" means. The update descriptions have ALWAYS been vague, and you had to dig pretty deep to find what exactly they did. could be they've become worse, I don't pay much attention to them.

There's a simple reason for "sneaking" stuff in. Both you, me and Microsoft know that sneaking doesn't work. Advanced users will ALWAYS see it, there's no point in trying. But, as you said, hiding it from regular users is extremely simple, and as shady as it may look, it also makes things really idiot proof, which is still one of the main priorities for MS. The more idiotproof something is, the less support they have to provide. Not to mention that many regular users are going to be more satisfied because their system is more stable, ect. Saves MS from a lot of headache. Apple has been doing this shit for years, and I've heard a lot of praise for OSX.

10 is snappier than 7 to me, search function is better, layout is nicer, everything is well organized and sorted etc.

file management is nicer, too, actually.

and you act like windows xp/7/8/8.1, your cell phone and isp, your social accounts (fb etc) aren't already intrusive

nobody will be capable of suing microsoft over this because people agreed to the TOS/EULA etc

#uselinuxinsteadthen

Don't use ubuntu though, they once sold search data to amazon. 

But yea, you're right. I doubt any of this so-called "spying" is actually any bad. It seems to me like some people think they are important enough to be spied on, or they may have something to hide. 

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I know exactly what i´m talking about lol.

CEIP is really old though, I doubt microsoft hasn't had shady updates mentioning it before.

Aside from that, you and me have a different view of what "clearly" means. The update descriptions have ALWAYS been vague, and you had to dig pretty deep to find what exactly they did. could be they've become worse, I don't pay much attention to them.

There's a simple reason for "sneaking" stuff in. Both you, me and Microsoft know that sneaking doesn't work. Advanced users will ALWAYS see it, there's no point in trying. But, as you said, hiding it from regular users is extremely simple, and as shady as it may look, it also makes things really idiot proof, which is still one of the main priorities for MS. The more idiotproof something is, the less support they have to provide. Not to mention that many regular users are going to be more satisfied because their system is more stable, ect. Saves MS from a lot of headache. Apple has been doing this shit for years, and I've heard a lot of praise for OSX.

Don't use ubuntu though, they once sold search data to amazon. 

But yea, you're right. I doubt any of this so-called "spying" is actually any bad. It seems to me like some people think they are important enough to be spied on, or they may have something to hide. 

What about that embarrassing picture on your computer.....anything stored electronically can be seen by anyone.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I can't speak for 8.1, but earlier this year Win7 did indeed have all kinds of suspicious stuff injected via Windows Update. 

KB2952664 was an important update labeled as a "compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7", with the following explanation :

"This update helps Microsoft make improvements to the current operating system in order to ease the upgrade experience to the latest version of Windows."

What it actually did was enable a daily telemetry run that (according to the task's description) "collects program telemetry information if opted in to the Customer Exprience Improvement Program".

Not only was this kind of data gathering not mentioned anywhere in the update description, the whole CEIP thing was a lie too, it still does the telemetry run even if you have opted out of the CEIP. 

For years the updates have described the issues and changes clearly, but now we're getting all kinds of updates with extremely vague descriptions.  They are sneaking stuff in behind your backs and making it hard for a novice or regular user to find it or turn it off.

That secrecy, combined with the kind of stuff they're quietly planting inside our PCs, is all the proof any sane person needs to conclude that Microsoft is malicious. 

Indeed but that particular update, is just one of manny.

On Windows 8.1 the same thing happened exaly.

What you basicly installed was just malware.

@Sintezza

Hurrdurr, MS knows my deets.

Meanwhile the NSA and other surveillance organisations around the world have a file the length of Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus on you with every email, phone call, text message, website visit and search query you've made within the last 10 years. Please tell me more about how Windows 10 is invading your so called 'privacy'.

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

And that's why I'm sticking with Windows 8.1 (and Windows Server 2008 R2 :^), because Start screen aside, it's relatively free of major bugs.

aww come on now WS2012R2 is great! :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Prove it. Having actually used Windows 10 for nearly a month now it's about as stable as Windows 7 ever was.

I've got Windows 10 on 3 machines and haven't had any problems really...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|