Did I blow a cable, or do I have GPU issues?

Logun
Go to solution Solved by Logun,
Ok, after a LOT of pain and suffering I have no idea what was wrong. The situation resolved itself when I did the following:

Turned the PC off with the TV still on.

Normally I ensure my U3011 is set to primary and turn the TV off first to ensure my the layout of me desktop icons don't get messed up. 

So there you have it. No idea why but that was it!

I have a 4K TV as part of my computer set up and this morning I booted up and the wallpaper was both askew of center and distinctly green. It is part of a multi-monitor setup where the other 2 monitors are Dell 3011 attached by DisplayPort and DVI. 4K is connected via HDMI2.0 port

If I select any resolution + refresh rate which exceeds HDMI1.0 bandwidth, this is what it looks like

kty66pGm.jpg

Not only is it green but even the destktop wallpaper is skewed to one side. Looking at the taskbar icons they look a bit distorted too.

However if I drop it back down it looks normal.

I have been running this TV at 4096x2160 @60Hz since I got my 980Ti about 3 weeks ago without any issues.

Is this a cable problem? No configuration changed (that I know of) between yesterday (working ok) and today.

Any thoughts?

I'm unsure if it's the TV although maybe an issue with the HDMI2.0 port? TV works fine in all other ways. Is there a way to test anything?

Ok, after a LOT of pain and suffering I have no idea what was wrong. The situation resolved itself when I did the following:

Turned the PC off with the TV still on.

Normally I ensure my U3011 is set to primary and turn the TV off first to ensure my the layout of me desktop icons don't get messed up. 

So there you have it. No idea why but that was it!