I need an honest opinion on 980ti

Kinuubi

Alright. Like the title said I need an honest opinion on 980ti. Would any 980ti be good? I wanted to get Gigabyte g1 version regardless of a lot of coil whine reports, but it doesn't match my color scheme (yes color scheme it's important to me  :D ) The color scheme is black and red. I wanted a 980 ti to future proof my build for a while. I've been playing PC games on low settings and I'm tired of it. I want a good graphics card that can run at least GTA V on high settings if not the highest and I'm planning on playing newer games like Witcher III and also games that come out in the future. In your honest opinion, should I just get an Asus Strix or MSI, or any other 980 ti graphics card that has red on it that I don't know of; or suck it up and stick with the g1? Thanks guys!

take a look at the R9 fury if your not overclocking

if you decide to go 980ti vote goes to evga for customer support and then MSI

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Alright. Like the title said I need an honest opinion on 980ti. Would any 980ti be good? I wanted to get Gigabyte g1 version regardless of a lot of coil whine reports, but it doesn't match my color scheme (yes color scheme it's important to me  :D ) The color scheme is black and red. I wanted a 980 ti to future proof my build for a while. I've been playing PC games on low settings and I'm tired of it. I want a good graphics card that can run at least GTA V on high settings if not the highest and I'm planning on playing newer games like Witcher III and also games that come out in the future. In your honest opinion, should I just get an Asus Strix or MSI, or any other 980 ti graphics card that has red on it that I don't know of; or suck it up and stick with the g1? Thanks guys!

I got you covered, sir. The best brand out there when it comes to Nvidia GPU's imho.

http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GEFORCE-GTX-980-TI-OC-6GB_p_86.html

and if you decide on white, don't get the G1 bro, get this!

http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-HOF-6GB_p_82.html

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

take a look at the R9 fury if your not overclocking

if you decide to go 980ti vote goes to evga for customer support and then MSI

Originally I was going to go with EVGA SC 980ti, but saw that G1 had better FPS and whatnot. I'm not really a AMD person, I prefer nvidia.

I got you covered, sir. The best brand out there when it comes to Nvidia GPU's imho.

http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GEFORCE-GTX-980-TI-OC-6GB_p_86.html

and if you decide on white, don't get the G1 bro, get this!

http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-HOF-6GB_p_82.html

Actually never heard of this brand before. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Originally I was going to go with EVGA SC 980ti, but saw that G1 had better FPS and whatnot. I'm not really a AMD person, I prefer nvidia.

Actually never heard of this brand before. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Anytime bro. They used to be one of the leading Nvidia brands, second only to EVGA until they fell off the face of the earth. They have spent the last couple of years kept to themselves, releasing the ultra premium Hall Of Fame series of cards. They are now getting back into the NA market and also making cards for the average consumer again.

Anytime bro. They used to be one of the leading Nvidia brands, second only to EVGA until they fell off the face of the earth. They have spent the last couple of years kept to themselves, releasing the ultra premium Hall Of Fame series of cards. They are now getting back into the NA market and also making cards for the average consumer again.

I might just switch over to them  :D. They seem very good and reliable

I might just switch over to them  :D. They seem very good and reliable

Trust me bro, they are. A lot of people don't know of them anymore but they are starting to make a big comeback after the massive success they had with the 980 HOF. They just recently started stocking their online North American store. Until then, abount the only way to get their cards here was by paying twice their value on eBay. Only negative I can think of about the Red/Black 980 Ti I showed you is lack of backplate. They put a lot of time into making their PCB's sexy though so I'm sure it looks good. Can't find a picture though sadly :/

They have great customer service too.

EVGA‘reputations are always good...980ti is the best card in the market now but still you have a lot of other choice if you are not a fanboy of Nvidia...And it depends on your resolution

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

Trust me bro, they are. A lot of people don't know of them anymore but they are starting to make a big comeback after the massive success they had with the 980 HOF. They just recently started stocking their online North American store. Until then, abount the only way to get their cards here was by paying twice their value on eBay. Only negative I can think of about the Red/Black 980 Ti I showed you is lack of backplate. They put a lot of time into making their PCB's sexy though so I'm sure it looks good. Can't find a picture though sadly :/

They have great customer service too.

I'm sold haha. Backplate is not a deal breaker for me. Color and performance are. Thanks!

EVGA‘reputations are always good...980ti is the best card in the market now but still you have a lot of other choice if you are not a fanboy of Nvidia...And it depends on your resolution

I like EVGA and I'm a bit of an nvidia fanboy, but I will admit AMD is not that bad either. I just trust and use nvidia more.

My honest opinion on gtx980ti is, it isnt worth the money.

Every card of the next graphics card Generation will have high bandwitdh memory scaling absolutely crazy with dx12.

So i wouldn't want to trash 750$ for a card which will be outperformed by a "1070" for half of its price in less then a year.

But thats only my opinion.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

My honest opinion on gtx980ti is, it isnt worth the money.

Every card of the next graphics card Generation will have high bandwitdh memory scaling absolutely crazy with dx12.

So i wouldn't want to trash 750$ for a card which will be outperformed by a "1070" for half of its price in less then a year.

But thats only my opinion.

I can see where you're coming from, but for me anything that is above medium graphics is amazing  :P. I played SWTOR on very low settings forever and I'm starting to hate it. I can't even play some of my steam games on good settings and it's finally driving me crazy, I like the 980ti and if something better comes out I'll just wait for something that's better than that to come out, or upgrade. Thanks for your inpupt!

As someone who has used both a Gigabyte G1 and a EVGA SC+, I would recommend the EVGA.

I'm sold haha. Backplate is not a deal breaker for me. Color and performance are. Thanks!

I like EVGA and I'm a bit of an nvidia fanboy, but I will admit AMD is not that bad either. I just trust and use nvidia more.

Awesome bro! Despite the lack of reviews on it cause it's one of the newer cards and everyone is focused around their 980 Ti HOF atm, I'm positive you will love it. Their products really are of the highest quality.

Here is a review of their 980 Ti HOF. Ignore the brand being KFA2 here. They use that name instead of Galax in some regions.

The cost per fps is huge for a 980ti

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The cost per fps is huge for a 980ti

Flagship cards always look bad if you boil it all down to frames per dollar. There's always a premium at the high-end, but it doesn't matter so much when you consider that that's really the only practical option for that level of performance.

Flagship cards always look bad if you boil it all down to frames per dollar. There's always a premium at the high-end, but it doesn't matter so much when you consider that that's really the only practical option for that level of performance.

Yeah. I'm usually happy with the lower performance of the higher value cards. I don't need to overspend on bleeding edge.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Awesome bro! Despite the lack of reviews on it cause it's one of the newer cards and everyone is focused around their 980 Ti HOF atm, I'm positive you will love it. Their products really are of the highest quality.

Here is a review of their 980 Ti HOF. Ignore the brand being KFA2 here. They use that name instead of Galax in some regions.

Looks amazing. He annoys me with the way he says Ti haha. Aside from that looks great though. Do you recommend a monitor to compliment the 980 ti? I wanted a 1440p monitor or even 4k maybe. On another thread of mine someone said I should get a monitor with g-sync

Looks amazing. He annoys me with the way he says Ti haha. Aside from that looks great though. Do you recommend a monitor to compliment the 980 ti? I wanted a 1440p monitor or even 4k maybe. On another thread of mine someone said I should get a monitor with g-sync

Yeah I'd get a 1440p for a single 980 Ti, and yes G-Sync is always nice to have with your Nvidia cards.

Every time some says HOF, I think of The Hoff lol

Every time some says HOF, I think of The Hoff lol

Lol he actually makes a Hoff joke in the vid.

u can change the led colour to red :P 

980 ti g1 is a solid card i was witcher 3 at 50fps in 4k with aa off

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition