Samsung shows off Gear S2 smartwatch in new teaser video

Click here for the article at Pocketnow

It looks interesting.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Samsung Gear S2 comes out: Meh

Apple Watch 2S comes out: OMG BUY IT NOW

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Interesting, might go well with my Note Edge if it's decent.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

ANYONE KNOWS A PRICE? 

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Apple is better at marketing then any other company? Yes

Oi, put effort in to your news posts instead of just a link and "it looks interesting."

9/10

- Not enough effort 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Apple markets. they market like no other. 

My technologically challenged father knew about the Watch because he actually saw ads for it during evening TV. He has ZERO interest in smartwatches, he barely uses the Ambit I got him for his running, but he was definitely aware that Apple had a watch. And when he went to the mall, since Apple actually bothers having a retail presence unlike Samsung who still struggles with their stores, he could actually experience the product. Still didn't want one, but it was there. and he was well aware of it, so when the time comes that he's warmed up the idea of a smartwatch (and when smartwatches in general make more sense for average people), he will go to Apple because he bloody knows it exists. 

Samsung, LG, Motorola - they suck at advertising. They are bad. Tech nuts like us know because we spend our time refreshing reddit and other news sites to see this kind of information. Normal people don't. Normal people won't care unless you force them to notice and to care. 

Blame Apple for plenty of shady practices, do not blame them for actually advertising their new products to the AVERAGE person. Thats the key. Tech hipsters like me don't a business make. The average joe does, and Apple nails that segment harder than anyone else. Go into an Apple store and look around. Its not us, us nerds. It is normal individuals. People. Grandparents, moms, dads; people who just walked by the store. 

So sue Apple for actually nailing that segment better than anyone else in the industry. 

Apple markets. they market like no other. 

My technologically challenged father knew about the Watch because he actually saw ads for it during evening TV. He has ZERO interest in smartwatches, he barely uses the Ambit I got him for his running, but he was definitely aware that Apple had a watch. And when he went to the mall, since Apple actually bothers having a retail presence unlike Samsung who still struggles with their stores, he could actually experience the product. Still didn't want one, but it was there. and he was well aware of it, so when the time comes that he's warmed up the idea of a smartwatch (and when smartwatches in general make more sense for average people), he will go to Apple because he bloody knows it exists. 

Samsung, LG, Motorola - they suck at advertising. They are bad. Tech nuts like us know because we spend our time refreshing reddit and other news sites to see this kind of information. Normal people don't. Normal people won't care unless you force them to notice and to care. 

Blame Apple for plenty of shady practices, do not blame them for actually advertising their new products to the AVERAGE person. Thats the key. Tech hipsters like me don't a business make. The average joe does, and Apple nails that segment harder than anyone else. Go into an Apple store and look around. Its not us, us nerds. It is normal individuals. People. Grandparents, moms, dads; people who just walked by the store. 

So sue Apple for actually nailing that segment better than anyone else in the industry. 

Agreed. And, don't you think Samsung is starting to be a bit like Apple? With their high prices like Apple?

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Oi, put effort in to your news posts instead of just a link and "it looks interesting."

Does it matter? He/she wanted to inform others that the new Gear is coming out soon, not write a whole essay about it.

Agreed. And, don't you think Samsung is starting to be a bit like Apple? With their high prices like Apple?

With the difference that Samsung still caters to the lower end market and budget range. 

Samsung still has to prove to (potential) customers, that they can do premium devices and if you think about, Samsung only just now has started to use premium materials in their flagship devices. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Does it matter? He/she wanted to inform others that the new Gear is coming out soon, not write a whole essay about it.

It does actually.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.

Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.

Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.

The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.

If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

"Click here"...

looks interesting.

So informative.....